Thanked by:
[Image: 2niqiyw.png]
A little update
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
What about your old thread? Tongue
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Is it still on the first page? This is also something completely different Tongue
Thanked by:
I think it got pushed back some, but I just wondered. It's not looking bad to me. Tongue
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Everything on the clothes could use way more contrast. The tones are just kind of melting together

Everything in general could use more definition and precision, 'cause it looks a little sloppy right now. Particularly the legs, try to keep the joints in mind and not "spriting legs like I've seen tsr members sprite legs," the crotch's folds(I'm seriously asking you to look up crotch folds and find out how they work, yes) and size/position (without sagging, crotch should line up a bit below the wrists I think?), the hood needs smoother curves, and the hands aren't really making sense.

The earring's utterly unnoticeable, I just so happened to see it when I zoomed in. The outline's color isn't really making sense to me because it's not really doing its job as an outline. It's not particularly darker than the other colors or of a hue that really works with the other colors and it's...more saturated than some of your darker shades, which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen. I don't know a lot about these things though. Really you could just overwrite your outline with your already existing darker green and you wouldn't notice the difference.

Also, is that black thing in the back supposed to be a skateboard or...something? When you're zoomed out it just looks like part of everything else so the shoulder and hood look like a nonsensical blob. Even if something's supposed to be a dark object, you can still make it look contrasted enough so you can tell what it is.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
I meant for it the super dark green to be a hood, but it turned out to not be that, I'll probably get rid of it. The legs are usually a constant struggle with me but I shall take another stab Tongue
As for the outline, I'm usually told to stay away from black, but maybe I can use that ridiculously dark green for an outline? Overall I'll just start over on shading, and I'll try and make everything more defined, thank you for the advice, I'll look at a few more references for jeans as well Smile
EDIT:[Image: w39tw.png]
I don't like what I did to the legs, shaping in general, I might just tweak my legs from before, as I like skinny jeans, thats why the legs were skinny Tongue
EDIT2:[Image: 20gg0f7.png]
EDIT3:[Image: m73lvo.png]
Thanked by:
I can't read his/her face at all. And the shading is like a modified version of pillowshading; I don't know where the light is coming from. Clean up the shading in your sprite (remove all those weird zigzags) because if done right, you can represent cloth folds without resorting to such polluted techniques.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Agh, I've been looking at refs for shading, but I can't get anywhere with it, tomorrow though, when I can charge my laptop I shall take another stab at it Smile
Also, could you explain more what about the face is unreadable, it looks readable enough to me, but if I could improve it in anyway I'd love to fix that Tongue
Thanked by:
[Image: saHi9.png]

I could only edit the face (god damn Win 7 paint), but I removed all the brown stray pixels in his face. Notice how it is now easier to see what's going on with his face.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(11-20-2011, 02:48 PM)Accelgors Wrote: [Image: saHi9.png]

I could only edit the face (god damn Win 7 paint), but I removed all the brown stray pixels in his face. Notice how it is now easier to see what's going on with his face.
Thank you so much for the example Smile When I get back up to my dorm tomorrow I will definitely improve and fix all the things pointed out! I gotta say, it's nice to be spriting again.
Thanked by:
that is just too much random bits of foldings for a sprite of that size.
Thanked by: Gwen
[Image: 24fzlo7.png]
Well a few days later I'm back, hows it looking so far? I tried to not over fold it like you mentioned Metaru.
Thanked by:
[Image: fm1g20.png]
Well Bastard died, and honestly I'm not really against it since he was a colorful mess. This is something new though, no real plans for it, I'm just going to work on it and not put myself up to deadlines, maybe that will help me keep it fresh and not let it die out like everything else seems too. The only difference between the two is the shading on the sword. So I thought I'd ask which is better, or do they both suck? I'm also trying to get the hair to not look so flat so any advice is very welcome Smile
EDIT: Also with the palette, I really need to find my own, but I love Gors' TFR palette so much :I
I think I have one that I'm using for a portrait that I can substitute in though if I should.
[Image: 2945b7m.png]
Working on a block, his right arm has a device which makes a shield out of lasers, yeah original, but I'm working on different designs for it. Out of the two I have which is better?
Thanked by: