Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario 3D Land
Ignoring the fact that they're re-using the game boy title with 3D in it I'm fairly interested in seeing how this game plays out.

It looks good and I'm thinking about buying it later on but I'd like to wait and see what everyone else thinks of it before I buy. It looks good and from what I hear the demo was pretty solid, so that said I think it's worth making this topic.

So who's excited or interested in it? If there's anyone else who has played or pre-ordered it I'd like to hear their opinions on it.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I'll probably pick it up some time within the next couple of weeks, looks really fun.
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Looks like it'll be pretty awesome, what with the whole 3D levels with 2D feel, though I don't currently have the money for it, I guess I'll get it for Christmas or something.

edit: I forgot that I had some extra money put under my mattress and I had more than enough to go buy it, went and picked it up today. Money well spent.
Thanked by:
Paid it off, picking it up after work.
Thanked by:
Well I don't have it yet. Yeah, Koopaul doesn't have it yet! I spent all my money per-ordering Skyward Sword so... I'll have to wait 'till Christmas. *sigh*
Thanked by:
This was fun.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
FUCK my 3DS' battery went red RIGHT WHEN IM FACING FINAL Fake FINAL BOWSER

This game is so good. If you're looking for something more fresh than New Super Mario Bros. this is it.
Thanked by:
I've been pretty much all over it yesterday. Game is amazing. It's a perfect mix of NSMB and Galaxy, and all these Super Mario Bros. 3 references are nice too I guess! the 3D is actually useful, unlike in the N64 Remakes, Pilotwings, and Street Fighter where it's just kind of tacked on.

On World 7 now. Blazing through the worlds. Reviewers say that the game gets ten times better after World 8! I hope they're right!
Thanked by:
(11-14-2011, 09:31 PM)Proton Wrote: This was fun.

Who gives a shit about Peta

They're full of hypocritical whack jobs who are hardly even educated.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Just finished World 8. Gonna take a break and resume tomorrow. I'll rescue Luigi from Special World 1 and probaly shelf the game until after Skyward Sword. Mario Kart 7 comes out two weeks after so my second playthrough of SM3DL will occupy that empty week.

Unless Skyward manages to last me more than 7 days, which is entirely possible I guess.
Thanked by:
Meh I wasn't that impressed.

For more on that here's my "first impressions" input from the product registration survey:

I certainly had fun playing it though. The actual gameplay kinda felt like a cross between mario 3 and mario world but with depth added.
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
I have to agree. Nintendo says they want to evolve their series and in some ways they do and in other ways they go backwards. Mario had, at one point, evolved into a sandbox platformer. You could move freely about in 3D, and choose your own path to victory. But now they are going back to the way a sidescrolling platformers were, restricting you to one path forward. This was very much present in Super Mario Galaxy.

Atleast Super Mario Sunshine had a completely new feel and atmosphere. It introduced a more real world with people and towns. I was impressed!

Anyway I'm still looking forward to this. This is just a small fun Mario game. It wasn't meant to be spectacular on a handheld, but on a console I hope they try something... bigger.

Thanked by:
Oh and

Also I would have liked a Mario Land titled game to have enemies more like the previous Mario Land games, rather than the same ones that are always in everything else. This game didn't in any way feel anything like the Mario Land games which would have been a refreshing change up. :/ Tongue
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
Did Koopaul, Koopaul, just say that a game's newer generations were better than its original generations?
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(11-16-2011, 04:05 AM)Butch Wrote: Oh and

Also I would have liked a Mario Land titled game to have enemies more like the previous Mario Land games, rather than the same ones that are always in everything else. This game didn't in any way feel anything like the Mario Land games which would have been a refreshing change up. :/ Tongue

That's because this isn't a Mario Land game at all. Its a Super Mario Bros. game in 3D. The Mario Land games were made by Gunpei Yokoi. He wanted that series to have a different feel and different antagonists from Miyamoto's Mario platformers. Now that Yokoi is dead, we'll probably never see games like that again.

And yes Kriven I actually do like Mario 64 and Sunshine the best out of all the Mario platform games. Due to them being sandbox-platformer hybrid.
Thanked by: