Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pc Genjin/Bonk's Adventure models
Exclamation 
this game was released japan only for the Gamecube And PS2 i however ripped all of the models from the Gamecube version
it is a remake of Pc Genjin also known as Bonk's adventure in America/Canada, And BC Kid in the Uk.

i have ripped all of the models from this game 62 to be exact
here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/?zmainrgmxytbypv the format of the models are in .blend and .obj and i was wondering if someone would like to help me get the models as well as the textures put online, since i have never uploaded models as well as textures onto this website before.

here's an image of Bonk

[Image: dc802e.jpg]

like i said if someone could help me it would be really appreciated

it is the only 3D Bonk Game ever made by Hudsonsoft,

i'm also not the best at lighting a model -.-

Thanked by:
It should be easy enough to get them up! Upload them in separate zips per character or thing, and if you don't want to make the icons, Peardian can make icons (he said he enjoys it!)

If you need anything else, let me know.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
I'll take a look at these later today. Always glad to have a new contributor on the site! For future reference, you can post any models you want on the site in the Submissions forum and I'll take care of the rest. Wink

Update: I've checked the models, and I'm afraid there are a number of problems that prevent me from accepting them in their current form. The first issue is that all of the textures have been resized, as they are all pixelated and squashed. I hope you still have the original, unmodified textures, as they would be greatly preferred. The most important problem, however, is that I can't open the models at all. The .DAE files refuse to open in Cinema4D, and they outright crash Photoshop. I don't have/use Blender, so I can't open the .blend files either. I recommend including another format for people who can't get the other formats to work, like .OBJ. I do like that you included renders of what the models are supposed to look like, but you really should crop the images. Leaving the rest of your computer in the image appears sloppy/lazy and takes up a lot of extra space.

Fix those three issues, and I'll be more than happy to put them up on the site for you.
Thanked by:
hmm thats werid that the .dae's won't open maybe its cus i added a matrix element to the .dae's

also i don't have the original textures is there any way to fix them as they are it took a long time to rip them -.-

i'll try obj though and see what happens

also out of curiosity why not try using blender?

alright i'll try doing what you said

ill try to convert them to obj
Thanked by:
I'm afraid the textures are beyond repair. I have no idea what you did to the textures to make them all like that, but it can't be undone. You will have to rip them all over again.

Are you able to open your own .DAEs? If not, then you have a way to test if they are working properly. Otherwise, you can post a single one once you think you've fixed it so we can test it. It would be a waste of time to export them all again only to find out it still doesn't work.

As for Blender, I have tried using it. Compared to the modeling programs I use, the interface is terribly unfriendly.
Thanked by:
yeah i am able to open my .dae's i also got all the models to .obj though ...

the textures look perfect when i opened my .dae

well it depends on which version of blender your using as well , i do agree with you the later blender interface is terrible.

i'm using version 2.49 Smile

well the textures were originally .tga but i used this http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-png website to turn them into png -.-

well i guess i'm back at square 1 i have to re rip all the textures Sad
Thanked by:
No wonder, you must have entered in 320 x 240 into the dimensions field. I recommend finding a program that can convert .TGA instead of using that website, as it doesn't convert alpha transparency. This is why models like the Flora Springer have extra dark areas on things like leaves.

And yes, while the textures may load properly on the model, they will still look ugly.

[Image: princesszablousetexture.jpg]
Thanked by:
well i'm kinda scared of touching the .tga files due to i don't want to screw them up again
Thanked by:
I'm not really supposed to accept .TGA textures. There are a number of programs out there that can open and convert TGA files, such as any decent image editing program (such as Photoshop). I use either Finder (mac) or DDS Converter (XP), but unfortunately the latter doesn't work on Windows 7.

If you look around and still can't find anything at all that can successfully convert TGA, as a last resort I can convert them for you myself. Also, as a note, .MTL files don't work with textures that have spaces in the name.
Thanked by:
can microsoft paint open .tga files?
Thanked by:
If it could, you wouldn't be looking around for a program to convert them, now would you? Tongue
Thanked by:
(11-10-2011, 09:56 PM)senjen Wrote: can microsoft paint open .tga files?

Gimp is a good program. It can open a lot of image types including .tga and it's free. Link

I would keep the original textures somewhere safe as backups.That way You can change the textures a million times and still have the original .tga files. Smile
Thanked by:
ok i just got photoshop CS3 does it automatically convert alpha transparency for the textures?

as well as i re ripped all the textures,

also, here's an example of one of the textures, the blouse one which Peardian you showed earlier in my thread in its original size and everything but in .png format is this better?

[Image: ogdzi8.png]
Thanked by:
Yes, that is much better. Wouldn't you say so? I mean, compare that to the above texture that you had before.

And whether or not Photoshop exports the alpha transparency depends on what settings you use to export. Just find a texture you know has alpha (such as the flower petals) and test settings until you get it right.
Thanked by:
ok i got all the textures fixed Peardian just download from the link from my first post ^^

also please can you give me credit for ripping the models and the textures it took a long time.
Thanked by: