Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Model Fixing, help needed
Hi, I'm working on a Chibi character model and I need to know what You guys think of it so far and if anything need to be improved?

I have a few pictures and a link that contains .DAE, .SMD and .blend.

Thanks for Your input. Smile
Thanked by:
It looks pretty good so far! The front is nicely shaped and the mesh is pretty clean. Currently, though, it is rather lacking in depth. From the side view, his entire body looks straight as a board. Even in a T-pose, the human body will still have a nice curve to it, especially around the lower back.
Thanked by:
(11-05-2011, 03:39 PM)Peardian Wrote: It looks pretty good so far! The front is nicely shaped and the mesh is pretty clean. Currently, though, it is rather lacking in depth. From the side view, his entire body looks straight as a board. Even in a T-pose, the human body will still have a nice curve to it, especially around the lower back.

Thanks for the feedback. I've updated it now. Hope this is better. Cute

I notice the legs look a bit blocky from the side. But I can't fix them unless I add an extra line down the middle of the legs on both the front and back. I'll probably figure something out.
Thanked by:
Looking better! It has a noticeably more human profile now, though I think the curves could be more accentuated, as he's still rather flat. Tweaking his legs should also help with the flatness (and that blockiness).

The issue with the blockiness is that there aren't that many points in the profile of the leg. It looks okay from the front, but very noticeable from the side. More lines running down the leg won't affect the profile, though, since they would be changing the shape as you see it from above. Instead, try simply adding a loop around the shin. That way you can add more of a curve to the leg, not only as seen from the side, but from the front as well.

I can't really comment on the rigging too much, as I don't have too much experience with that, but it looks pretty good overall. Maybe center the finger bones in the fingers? It might help animating it easier.
Thanked by:
I'd pull the line behind the ankles a little bit in more, so it has more curve too.

Take a look at this bad boy.
http://www.webbfitness.net/wp-content/up...eg_lat.jpg

Although if your going "chibi" simplistic anatomy is actually better...
Thanked by:
OK, so I've put some more work into the model. I moved the edges on the outside of the legs inward and rounded the Rear a bit and scaled the feet on the X axes a bit. How does it look?Smile

Peardian Wrote:try simply adding a loop around the shin.

Oops, I'll add that in the next update. Smile
Thanked by:
It is looking very good so far; my only suggestion is maybe go even further, and model the eyes, mouth and other features, and make them so you can animate them instead on relying on textures. You can use edgelooping to achieve this.

Hope this helps, and also thank you for the Toon Mickey model from KH2; I had no idea it was on here, and I've been looking for this forever! Thank you soo much!
Thanked by:
(11-06-2011, 04:16 PM)MaCook2007 Wrote: It is looking very good so far; my only suggestion is maybe go even further, and model the eyes, mouth and other features, and make them so you can animate them instead on relying on textures. You can use edgelooping to achieve this.

Hope this helps, and also thank you for the Toon Mickey model from KH2; I had no idea it was on here, and I've been looking for this forever! Thank you soo much!

I've added a mouth but I rather leave the eyes the way they are.

Here's the update.

If there's no more suggestions, then I'll move on to making it into a character.Smile
Thanked by: