Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Blob to save the World
Hi, before I start, I just want to say I know this is my first post, but that doesn't make me a bot or a spammer or anything - this is a genuine request.

The Blob to save the World (or TBtstW for short) is a work-in-progress 2D platformer game that we have been working on for about a month. It is coded in C++ using Code::Blocks and Allegro5 and our first game which was made using C++.

The game revolves around a blob created by scientists from the DNA of aliens which are attacking the earth. The blob is sent to the aliens home planet in an attempt to save humanity.

Features (So far):

- Many different bullet types.
- The ability to combine the bullets to make over 59000 combinations.
- Gameplay will be divided into stages across many different areas of the alien planet.
- Dynamic coding gives an infinite number of possible enemies.

And of course we are working to add more.

Screenshots:

[Image: screenshot1dx.png]
Shooting a bullet

[Image: screenshot2w.png]
Absorbing bullets

[Image: screenshot3xa.png]
Firing a selection of bullets at once

Other Information

The early demo/alpha version is available for download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6s79lsc37e17x2e

The reason I post this is because we are looking for a new spriter. I personally did the main character sprites and animations, but due to college work, I have little time to work on them, and the project has come almost to a stand-still. If anybody would be interested in helping us with completing the sprites for this game, it would be greatly appreciated.

As far as payment is concerned, I am afraid that no money can be offered, but full credit will be provided in the game and if you wanted, you could stay with us and help with other games.
Thanked by:
Even though this is clearly a request (which is against the rules) the op has a sufficient amount of content in his post to warrant me keeping the thread open.

I doubt you'll get help from anybody without monetary compensation, though.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I read the rules and didn't feel that this was a request for sprites specifically, it is focused more around looking for a spriter who would be willing to join an Indie game development team. I understand that people would be hesitant to join without pay, but if the team were to have a spriter on board, I believe we could push towards creating a commercial game in the future.
Thanked by:
We get this kind of topic all the time.
As in, several per week.

Call it what you want, but it's still a request.
You're free to continue posting about updates and progress, but it's highly unlikely that you'll receive help from anyone here without offering monetary compensation.
If you still want spriting help, you'll have to get 20 posts and make a request thread like everyone else, though that honestly won't help your chances as long as money isn't being offered.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Ahh right, ok, thanks. The chances are very little will update really, but I will keep trying.
Thanked by: