Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tahaxan/DS Sprites
Can't find the damn thing anywhere, any help?
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
Try here? http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/455/

I just Google searched and found it right away.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I've been struggling too, actually, to get it to run from downloading there. Missing some DDL files...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Yeah missing DDL files and the official pages are all down Sad
Thanked by:
This should work. Just extract them in the folder where Tahaxan.exe is located.

(they were originally in one .zip, but that didn't fit as a single attachment)

Attached Files
.zip   Tahaxan_runtimes1.zip (Size: 1,019.54 KB / Downloads: 739)
.zip   Tahaxan_runtimes2.zip (Size: 943.18 KB / Downloads: 678)
Thanked by: Cake, twentyfourhaha
Thanks dude. Been reading a lot about your DS tools and even though I'm not a big DS fan, I'm a huge Aliens fan. If all goes well it'll be thanks to you tSR gets a lot of Alien Infestation sprites.

Edit: Damn seems it doesn't work with it... or Contra 4. Looks like I'm needing a different tool for the job.
Thanked by:
Has Tahaxan even been updated? The last update I remember was years ago, and every time I checked back it didn't have anything.
Thanked by:
DS isn't really my bag so I'm playing a big game of catch up. If some one could tell me what fancy tools people are using now days would be appreciated (specially as any DS stuff I rip would be heading to tSR).
Thanked by:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=7715

Barubary posted some great programs (you will want Oil of Vitriol definitely) for DS ripping and unpacking. IDK what the others do but you could give them a shot I guess.
Thanked by:
Yeah I already grabbed those, not having much luck with them as Aliens seems to use an4 files and other such strange things
Thanked by:
Then you'll be looking at using TiledGGD to rip stuff. Compressed stuff will need to be decompressed before viewing in TiledGGD, but again, you just gotta learn about what files are what, and it's more just about looking at a few games and getting to grips with the way things are foldered up sometimes, and where things are stored.

If you want to take a DS game that's actually probably the easiest game to rip from ever, but we actually have nothing from it, take a look at Naruto Shippūden: Shinobi Rumble.
If you want some help browsing it, catch me on MSN later, and I'll help you out. But really, it's a good starter project. I don't know shit about Naruto though.

We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
I don't mean to rain on the topic or anything but I've also been at a loss of finding games that I can rip easily (with OoV) that I'd be at least somewhat interested in... For games other than KMA, what can I use to unpack files like the few .DATs I find? The couple games I've downloaded use freaky formats I've never seen like .5BG, .NTP, .NTF, .NSG, .NSA, etc. along with some .BINs.

Then I realize there's no hope of ripping the easy way so I start playing the game for a bit then lose motivation quickly.
Thanked by:
Generally the games will have a file which is a compressed version of the files. Can be basic, where all the files are just put together one after another in a .dat or .bin style file, or it could be that they are actually compressed.

I'm thinking of asking Barubary if he'd be up for making a list with me of games that can be ripped using OoV instantly, which need to be decompressed (and maybe he can whip something up to decompress the files quickly) and which are completely not going to work.

That way we can try and get some people making up a tonne of sheets from some awesome games.

I'm currently working on Luminous Arc, then I'm going to rip from Luminous Arc 2. However, I'm being sensible and playing through the game, and getting the names of characters and enemies as I go, since there is not comprehensive list online, and I always prefer to have the proper character names on the sheets.

I know that Barubary helped me make a tool for Annie no Atelier, but I've never played it, so I don't know any character names or anything. Sheets are visible in OoV though, if anyone is interested, I can send you the files.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
Right man I'll check out Naruto, though probably won't do too much as I also know shit all about it.

As for Aliens, that's made up of bin, an4, an8, anm, lyr, scn, sfx, ts4 and ts8 files. All which I'm pretty clueless about. Hopefully I'll catch you on MSN soon so I can start sending some DS sprites your way.
Thanked by:
With regards to file names, they're generally completely useless. bin and dat files might as well be called anything else. It's just a generic file type.
As for the others, they are likely sort of "alternative" style file formats for the specific thing it relates to. As an example, sfx is probably related to special effects in some way, and anm is an animation file. Probably just information on what sprites to display in an animation.
I would probably assume any of the others could be sprites, unless they're a generic format (google is awesome) in which case you might be in a bit more luck.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by: