Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
If you could reset your memory, what game would you like to rediscover?
Pretty stupid question, considering the fact I'm gonna forget what games I would want to play again. n_n;
However, the intention of this thread is to share and revive the magic of "that one game" or games you used to love so much, and you would like to replay as if it was your first time playing them...

Mine would be:
TLOZ: The Wind Waker (Gamecube): My first Zelda game EVER, and my first 3D environment game as well... I was AMAZED. Before that, I never owned a N64, only a SNES, but the feeling of freedom, exploration and adventure overwhelmed me, and so did the gameplay.

TLOZ: Ocarina Of Time Master's Quest (Gamecube): AWESOMENESS. After finishing WW, I went for its prequel. The game I even wanted for N64 but I couldn't get was now in my hands!!! The story, bosses, characters... everything about it was epic in i's own, special way... a masterpiece of a game.

Pikmin 2 (Gamecube): My last gamecube game was this marvelous strategy-action blend with its own cutesy sense of humor. It was, also the first game I got an official guide for and that marked me so badly Smile

Shadow Herats (PS2): I LOVE THIS RPG SERIES!!! Filled with darkness, mystery and a lot of intelligent humor, dynamic mechanics, side quests and possibilities. Shadow Hearts is and will always be my favorite turn based RPG.

Persona 3-4 (PS2): The game that made me fall in love with the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, and tough it lacks something in the gameplay... it fills it in the awesome blend of a life simulator and a dark, very intriguing Dungeon Crawler.

Mod edit: I'm sorry but holy crap that grammar. I just couldn't bear it anymore. Had to fix it.
Thanked by:
....Wind Waker still amazes me. I'm actually playing through it again. No need to reset my memory.....
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
Pokemon Gold.

The fucking joy I had when I first got it.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
Baldur's Gate 2, easily. It's a good game, but at this point I can do a lot of the earlier quests without even thinking about them.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Thanked by:
I wouldn't mind going back to the time when the rampant glitches in Sonic games didn't bother me and I could A Rank "Cannon's Core" with my eyes closed.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Dark Cloud 2. While I always replay this game, I wish to remember the feeling of "OMG WAT" that happened throughout the storyline.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
Majora's Mask, definitely. I've played it so many times that I know pretty much all of its secrets and side-quests, which is a shame because I think Majora's Mask especially is a game that's best played without knowing anything about it.
Thanked by:
(09-27-2011, 01:07 PM)Kriven Wrote: I wouldn't mind going back to the time when the rampant glitches in Sonic games didn't bother me and I could A Rank "Cannon's Core" with my eyes closed.

You forgot to mention: When raising a Chao was something fun ;__;
Thanked by:
(09-27-2011, 02:26 PM)Aldath Wrote: You forgot to mention: When raising a Chao was something fun ;__;

Uh, what.

Raising a Chao is still fun.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
All of the sonic games up to adventure 2, but especially the genesis titles and the two adventures

Ocarina of time (the forest temple was fucking BREATHTAKING back then. I used to get goosebumps just thinking about this game)
Goldeneye (my mom didn't like shooters so I never had this as a kid. My first fps was on the ps2.)
Pokemon silver (oh my god this was so amazing and mysterious back then)
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter would also be cool. That was back when I thought the FPS genre was an innovative new take on video games.

Also Doom, which I only really just discovered last summers. Have a lot of fond memories playing that with my friend until who knows what hour of the night. Some of the chills it sent through our spines. Ah, so cool.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
For me it's basically most games that focus on - exploration -.

And as many people mentioned this. LOZ: Wind Waker is a prime example of 'exploration'. Most of us like exploration.
Thanked by:
(09-27-2011, 02:50 PM)Frario Wrote: For me it's basically most games that focus on - exploration -.

And as many people mentioned this. LOZ: Wind Waker is a prime example of 'exploration'. Most of us like exploration.

-.- And that's what lacks in modern gaming, I miss those odl FF days of going on your airship just to trigger a fight with Deathgaze, or going into a cave to find an Esper Battle... whoa Cry

That's why I'm loving Xenoblade so much... The Wind Waker is the epithome of sea exploration on the gamecube, and maybe the biggest, coolest Zelda world so far
Thanked by:
Super Smash Bros Melee.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: