Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
M&L:SSS Boo luigi
alright im new to TSR and im not exactly sure how to submit sprites but here it goes this is the thumbnail
[Image: 107w9qc.jpg]
and this is the sheet
[Image: mlsss_styled_boo_luigi_by_assassannerr-d4ajw5j.png]
and i have already got some feedback on this im adding the boo mushroom with luigi turning into boo luigi. ill comment the update tonight hopfully
EDIT: i updated the sheet just like i said i would.
also im not doing boo mario because someone else did it already
thats whos sprites i used to edit this sheet.

(http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&...1&id=24781) this is the origional sprite i used

And also pleese note there really is NOT that much of a difference between boo mario and lugi i edited everything that seperates them
sorry i dont take requests but if you give me an idea i may try it (but no promises)
Thanked by:
This is pretty good for a start. Something seems off about the battle sprite though, but it might just be me.

fake edit: Just realized this is an edit of another sheet. I would advise *NOT* doing simple edits like this, and just make your own material. It's not even a good edit...

(Crap now I look like a guy who advocates noob behavior)
Thanked by:
let me guess, this is just someone who colored green the attempt of someone else's mario boo.
Thanked by:

(09-26-2011, 02:23 AM)Ikaruga Wrote: let me guess, this is just someone who colored green the attempt of someone else's mario boo.

(09-25-2011, 09:17 PM)Assassannerr koopa Wrote: (http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&...1&id=24781) this is the origional sprite i used
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
Sorry, but we don't accept recolors.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-26-2011, 06:12 AM)Kat Wrote: Sorry, but we don't accept recolors.

its not a recolor i edited everything that separates mario from luigi
His hight (luigi is taller than mario)
his nose (its rounder)
his hat (its green)
his mustache (its shaped like luigi's not mario)

if you guys are saying that this is a bad edit well the fact is it doesent get any closer to it than this. the fact of the matter is that mario and lugis powerups only have slight differences. plain and simple
sorry i dont take requests but if you give me an idea i may try it (but no promises)
Thanked by:
(09-26-2011, 06:09 PM)Assassannerr koopa Wrote: the fact of the matter is that mario and lugis powerups only have slight differences. plain and simple
Your "sprite" and the original only have slight differences. Plain and simple.

They're are literally the same thing.

Those 4 small little things you changed are no way enough to make this something actually worth while or entirely definable as your own work.

If you think that small edit is worth something just because there's barely a difference from Luigi and Mario, then whatever. That doesn't excuse the fact it's not a good sprite.

Arguably, we can't critique the actual base, as it's not yours and doesn't come off as necessary when the original maker didn't post it here.

You'd be better off making a Boo Luigi from scratch if you want to get anywhere with this thread.

Otherwise, continuing is pointless.

Even if you think those small edits to the original sprite are enough,
submitting it won't get it accepted
and
small edits getting critiqued about how they're edits and how the OP doesn't want to change it because that's not the intention

leads to nothing more than a road that ends in large comments about 8-bit fetishism and how some fanboy site is better at spriting because what people want/use is more important than having the decency to increase your own work's quality.

Thanked by:
(09-26-2011, 07:23 PM)Proton Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 06:09 PM)Assassannerr koopa Wrote: the fact of the matter is that mario and lugis powerups only have slight differences. plain and simple
Your "sprite" and the original only have slight differences. Plain and simple.

They're are literally the same thing.

Those 4 small little things you changed are no way enough to make this something actually worth while or entirely definable as your own work.

If you think that small edit is worth something just because there's barely a difference from Luigi and Mario, then whatever. That doesn't excuse the fact it's not a good sprite.

Arguably, we can't critique the actual base, as it's not yours and doesn't come off as necessary when the original maker didn't post it here.

You'd be better off making a Boo Luigi from scratch if you want to get anywhere with this thread.

Otherwise, continuing is pointless.

Even if you think those small edits to the original sprite are enough,
submitting it won't get it accepted
and
small edits getting critiqued about how they're edits and how the OP doesn't want to change it because that's not the intention

leads to nothing more than a road that ends in large comments about 8-bit fetishism and how some fanboy site is better at spriting because what people want/use is more important than having the decency to increase your own work's quality.

I dont understand what you guys dont get about this its an edit how am i supposed to make boo luigi look different from boo mario i already get that you guys dont like the sprites fine but instead of repeating that tell me how to make it better tell me what distinguishes boo mario and boo luigi from one another. i mean think about it

whats the difference between mario and luigi themselfs?
luigi is taller, luigis moustache is different, luigis nose is rounder than marios,
luigi has a green color not red.
are you guys saying that you guys arnt going to accept this just because luigi is a sorry edit of mario. comon luigi is who luigi is. i dont know how to clasify them any differently than what they are. the fact is luigi in human form is not verry different from mario in human form PLAIN and SIMPLE.
Thanked by:
It's not about Mario and Luigi themselves.

It's about you being so lazy that you won't make your own sprite
and
blind that you don't notice the glaringly obvious fact that your edit is literally an infinitesimal set of changes that it looks like a recolour.

The simple matter:
Your sprite is almost exactly the same because you were too lazy to make a Boo Luigi from scratch and your base is extremely noticeable.

Thanked by:
not to mention its just a fucking useless recolor that any brain dead monkey can do in 10 minutes if he needs to do so.
Thanked by:
(09-26-2011, 06:09 PM)Assassannerr koopa Wrote:

his nose (its rounder)
his hat (its green)

if you guys are saying that this is a bad edit well the fact is it doesent get any closer to it than this. the fact of the matter is that mario and lugis powerups only have slight differences. plain and simple

Ok, we don't accept edits.

It either had to have come from a game, as in a sprite rip. Or you had to make it fully on your own, without editing another sprite. Thats how it works here.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
(09-27-2011, 02:13 AM)Kat Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 06:09 PM)Assassannerr koopa Wrote:

his nose (its rounder)
his hat (its green)

Ok, we don't accept edits.

It either had to have come from a game, as in a sprite rip. Or you had to make it fully on your own, without editing another sprite. Thats how it works here.

so your telling me that this sheet wont get accepted but theese sheets are already on the site
http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/17942
http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/17868

wow fail fine this is the last time i deal with tSR if your seriously telling me that theese are better edits than my sheet all theese guys did was add a yellow line and bunny ears much less the sprite sheets are TINY just go to the mario series section of the custom and edited sprites its full of stuff like this and thats why its called edited its not a recolor.
and you dont accept edits YEA RIGHT thats why the section is called custom EDITED.
Thanked by:
Alright, well it's kinda new to me that we allow edits here, but in all honestly, edits are frowned upon here anyway.

Also you're not giving any edit to who originally did the sprites first and since the sprites are custom sprites, you should ask him before you even attempt to upload it here to prevent issues that might happen later on.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
I'm pretty sure that you guys just don't accept edits that are of another's custom work without permission to submit it to another site... and they are pretty bad.
Thanked by:
It's not entirely about edits;
one of the Submission rules for the Custom section is quality control.

Which is a subjective, changing view, which allowed older edits to be submitted.

Thanked by: