Promo Codes:
"trickytreat" Halloween themed character, Mummeow
"haunted" Halloween themed level
"santaclaus" Christmas themed character, Mochi
"blizzard" Christmas themed level: Mountain
"pixelretro" 8-bit Neko
"bouncycatzero" 8-bit style level: Cave
"cavemetal" Guitarist Axel the Axolotl
"hellofromjapan" Konichiwa Cat (Alt. Princess)
"midnightparty" Carnaval Area (level)
"catofduty" War themed character, Ryan Duty
"nextgeneration" War themed level, Battlefield (includes bulldog puppies!)
"ravioli" Lou's brother, Stu the Janitor
"eggyolk" Easter themed level, Egg Hunt

More than 6 month in the making, it's finally finished and soon online for everyone to play and enjoy.

I made this game with my friend and colleague, Geertruida, and is presented by Basegames DNB.

This is a platform game with a unique twist: Almost everything is bouncy, so use every single bit of bouncy surface to get to that hard-to-reach platform. The mouse is used to aim your jump and jump. You can also walk and climb using the arrow keys to help you reach the goal.

You can collect fishcakes to unlock new characters and levels. The further you progress, the more will be available at the Locksmith (shop).

Enjoy the trailer and I hope you'll enjoy the game.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: Iceman404
Looks pretty interesting.
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Does actually look interesting. How are you planning to release it?
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
We'll launch a one page website with the game free to download and extras, including artwork (concept art, etc.), wallpapers and a comic that'll be updated weekly.

Thanked by:
I can now officially reveal the release date is October 17th.
I was hoping we could release it earlier, but it's decided.

This game is also entering the Dutch Game Awards, so my fingers are crossed. We were less than a day late to enter for the retro game catagory, which kinda sucks, but let's hope we'll get nominated.

Thanked by:
Hey, this looks pretty cool. I cant wait for the release.
Thanked by:
The moment has finally come! The website is online and the game is released!
Go to www.basegames.nl/neko (link also in first post) to go to the website and download the game and extras!

Have fun playing Bouncy Cat!

I'd love to read what you think, so feel free to comment.

You can also follow our Twitter and Facebook, so you'll never miss a new comic update or possible Promo Code giveaway. Facebook and Twitter links are on the site.

Thanked by:
Hooray!

As soon as I get out of school, I'm gonna try and download the game.

And just a thought, you could upload the sprites for this game right here at tSR! Because if possible, I could make a sprite comic based off of the game, because I'm really good at sprite comics.
Thanked by:
I already have a comic of my own. 5 pages will be uploaded every week starting today. The comic is 35 pages in total.
I'm not sure if I'm permitted to submit the sprites; I have to discuss that with the manager of Basegames.

Thanked by:
The wallpapers are finally up.
Due to chaos in communication, these weren't added when the site launched.
Three sizes of 5 different wallpapers are available: Neko, Princess, Waru, Hazumi and a Fishcake. They're on the Download page.

If you haven't played it yet, please give it a try, and if you have, please comment. I love to know what you think.

Thanked by:
It is Halloween, and do we have a treat for you!

Play as a Mummeow, a mummified cat, with the ability to turn invisible leafs into pumpkin balloons! Enter "trickytreat" as a Promo Code at the Locksmith.

Also, Bouncy Park has opened a new area with the Halloween theme! Bounce through scary castles and dark fields as mummies come to life! Enter "haunted" as a Promo Code at the Locksmith.

Happy Halloween, nyan!

Thanked by:
I've played it a couple days ago. Its pretty challenging to get the controls down, but when you do, the game gets pretty fun. Right now i'm at the second world, but i'm trying to save up my fishcakes for Leaf so I can actually beat that one level.

I do have a question though, you just did a Halloween update, will you be doing other updates like Christmas updates?
Thanked by:
(11-01-2011, 10:34 AM)sponge7325 Wrote: I do have a question though, you just did a Halloween update, will you be doing other updates like Christmas updates?

Yes

Thanked by:
I've already beaten the game, i'm going to make a strategy guide pretty soon. I'll post it on this thread.

I do have one more question though, I just bought Golden Neko, but I see he does not have any powers. Is he for just saying you won, or do you do something with him somewhere in-game?
Thanked by:
Actually, Golden Neko is the best character there is. He is fast, jumps high, and has the benefits of normal Neko. However, fishcakes collected with Golden Neko do not count.
It's powers are not shown in the character select screen.
Have you tried clearing Time Trail challenges?

Thanked by: