Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Feel Good" games?
Smile 
So in light of my crappy mood last night and how I alleviated it a good deal with F-Zero, and the fact that two of the other general video game preference threads involve hatred of games either by you or everyone else, I wanted to make this! Positive gaming, yo!

What are those games that just make you feel good, whether it's the atmosphere, or the game's feel, or the music, or some memory you have tied to it or whatever? What are the games you can and will constantly come back to and enjoy? They don't necessarily have to be your top favorite games (though there's sure to be overlap there), there are many games I really like that I wouldn't consider to be "feel good".

A few of mine are:
Wind Waker: The sailing and the whole atmosphere of the game is incredibly chill to me, and even though I've beaten it 7 times I'm sure I'll be back to play it some more. Sailing around and just exploring the world without a guide is one of my favorite things to do, ever.
F-Zero GX: Guuuuh, love this game, the tracks and planets are incredible and the soundtrack kicks ass (except for some of the character themes and Big Blue but at least there's that remix you can unlock). Plus the totally campy cast is a big plus to me.
Metal Slug X: Favorite of the Metal Slugs, favorite game to just try to see how far I can go on a single credit, though I've never actually 1cc'd it. All the weirdness of the game, coupled with the gameplay and the satisfaction of getting power-ups like the Metal Slug or the ROCKET LAWNCHAIR and using them to take out the guys who you were taking cover from before, slowing taking down with your pea-shooter.

So tSR, what games are your best buds forever and will always be there for you?
Thanked by:
I'd say Kirby games in general, although Kirby's Epic Yarn is probably my top pick. It's a rather easy game so there's not really much of a frustration factor; rather, it's a game that you can kinda just chill out with and explore the levels. It's got really cute graphics and some soothing music as well.
Thanked by:
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg off the top of my head. Obviously, with all the chickens and the whole "good morning" thing, along with being pretty comical, it's quite a cheery game, despite being a bit difficult at times.

And I can agree on Wind Waker any day. Smile
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Harvest Moon.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-21-2011, 08:25 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg off the top of my head. Obviously, with all the chickens and the whole "good morning" thing, along with being pretty comical, it's quite a cheery game, despite being a bit difficult at times.

And I can agree on Wind Waker any day. Smile

Haha, awesome, I actually found and bought Billy Hatcher just the other day, as a matter of fact. I remembered playing it on a demo disc that my brother had ages ago and really liking it. Definitely cheery. Still haven't given it a play though. >>;

And yeah, the Kirby games, definitely, though treasure-hunting and trying to 100% some of the games is kind of a pain. Haven't played Epic Yarn, I kind of skipped over it since it seemed like such a weird departure from the rest of the series. You'd recommend it, Devicho?
Thanked by:
I'd say it's worth a try, at least. It's really easy, moreso than other Kirby games, but I still think it's fun. it has co-op too if you're interested.
Thanked by:
Blue Dragon always puts me in a good mood Genki ^_^
So does Animal Crossing Cute

(09-21-2011, 09:02 PM)Tellis Wrote: Haha, awesome, I actually found and bought Billy Hatcher just the other day, as a matter of fact. I remembered playing it on a demo disc that my brother had ages ago and really liking it. Definitely cheery. Still haven't given it a play though. >>;

And yeah, the Kirby games, definitely, though treasure-hunting and trying to 100% some of the games is kind of a pain. Haven't played Epic Yarn, I kind of skipped over it since it seemed like such a weird departure from the rest of the series. You'd recommend it, Devicho?

Did the demo you played it on also have Viewtiful Joe and Soul Calibur II demos on it?

Because if it did, we not only played the same disc, and then bought the game because of our experience with the demo, but we also just bought the game in the same general time frame (last week for me.)
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(09-21-2011, 09:15 PM)Kriven Wrote: Did the demo you played it on also have Viewtiful Joe and Soul Calibur II demos on it?

Because if it did, we not only played the same disc, and then bought the game because of our experience with the demo, but we also just bought the game in the same general time frame (last week for me.)
Haha, holy crap, yes. That's kind of crazy. :o
The Viewtiful Joe demo was weird because it didn't have the grainy film filter when you were regular Joe. I thought something was wrong or that the filter would annoyingly keep throughout the game when I bought Viewtiful Joe later on.
Thanked by:
I don't remember much about the Joe demo other than loving it to death. I think I played it eight or nine times xD
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(09-21-2011, 09:24 PM)Kriven Wrote: I don't remember much about the Joe demo other than loving it to death. I think I played it eight or nine times xD
Yeah, same here, haha. Viewtiful Joe's another game that's always worth a replay. The game has such a great sense of humor.
"I-it really is Captain Blue! Woah! ... can I have your autograph?" "No."
Thanked by:
chao garden
Thanked by:
Katamari Damacy, Animal Crossing (sometimes), The Sims, Wind Waker, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

There are probably a few more, I can't think of them at the moment, though
Thanked by:
Wario World and Kirby Epic Yarn are the only two I know.

... oh, "Feel Good," not "Good Feel"...

I suppose Kirby Super Star, Paper Mario, and Minecraft (creative mode) are probably the closest thing, though I find almost all games I play actually leave me less relaxed after playing them.
Thanked by:
Touhou or bullet hell shooters in general. They get pretty intense.

Thanked by:
(09-22-2011, 12:09 AM)Sploder Wrote: Wario World and Kirby Epic Yarn are the only two I know.

... oh, "Feel Good," not "Good Feel"...

I suppose Kirby Super Star, Paper Mario, and Minecraft (creative mode) are probably the closest thing, though I find almost all games I play actually leave me less relaxed after playing them.

Wario Land Shake It was made by Feel Good, Wario World was made by Treasure.
Thanked by: