Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[IDEA] THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE suggestions thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE: SUGGESTIONS THREAD

by Robo9/Gors

Have any suggestions and/or ideas to improve our project? Wanting to support the game? Post in this thread!

Since we aren't very fighting-game-savvy, we could use some help/inspirations for the characters/gameplay/levels/music, so feel free to contribute, be it text, images or videos.

Any other misc. stuff that doesn't belong in the progress section will be added here too.

"A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the very fabric of a small world began to rapidly unravel. Four knights, Kat, Kosheh, Grooveman, and Dex frantically tried to cease the World War that had engulfed the nations of the world tSRopia. However, one of the knights, Dex, was unmercifully slain as he tried to quiet the violent hearts of tSRopia's warriors. Angered at the loss of one of his appointed knights, a massive light erupted from the sky as Dazz, the creator of this universe, descended to the world of tSRopia. He began to destroy his creations, weeping as he attempted to purify his evil engulfed world. However, he decided to spare the worlds greatest fighters. He planned on creating a new world, a resourceful based upon video games. Ultimately, he was unsatisfied with himself as well, and decided he would no longer rule as the most supreme being of the universe. Dazz decided to host a tournament to determine his successor. To make the tournament more entertaining, he embedded the contestants with the powers of the greatest fighters of Video Game history, so the mighty god Dazz would not become bored to a basic, monotonous fighting tournament. Dazz soon left in a chariot of fire, and the fighters prepared for the most important tournament in the history of tSRopia."

Confirmed Features
*Basically the characters will parody fighting styles from past fighting games, i.e. Vipersnarf parodying Ryu from Streetfighter.
*There are two basic attack buttons:a punch and kick button. Pressing an arrow key, such as a forward or backward arrow key will do a stronger punch/kick, or an evasive maneuver.
*Includes a single player arcade mode, and a multiplayer mode
*You can backpedal attacks by pressing forward the exact moment an attack connects, cancelling it completely.
*Pixality: I honestly dont believe Ill have to explain this one. Dont expect it to be really gory or anything, this is basically just a flashy move that will add a little salt into the loser's wounds. It will basically cause your opponent to explode into a mass of pixels~
*I still don't know if we'll implement a GOGNIO (special) bar, but if we do, you can access Daigo mode whenever you have a full bar. It is accesed with an extremely hard button combination, and if done right, your character will blink white for 10 seconds. In this state, you cannot get any damage and any attack thrown to you will be backpedalled automatically. Your only attack in this mode is a one-use-only devastating attack that depletes almost all the opponent's HP, but if you miss it, you lose HP instead, leaving you with 1HP.
*Helpers: A little item will randomly spawn throughout the match that will cause a helper to appear to attack another player. Think Smash Bros Brawl
*Specials: Each player has 3 specials. Many of the specials can be used in the air and will have a difference than if they were used on the ground.
*Players will also have sounds~
* Character select screen will feature various attributes and whatever game/fighter's fighting style they parody/use
*Small biographical section of the fighters (think original Smash Brothers)

Unconfirmed Features
*Rainbow Mode, basically a joke version of the same game with broken as hell gameplay, such as extreme speed, homing fireballs, changing characters mid-fight and other shenanigans.
*Online Multiplayer

Mechanics
Quote:Also, adding to the 'combo breaker' thing, I had this idea:

1-You can perform combos by combining several attacks, hitting the opponent many times. Those hits are then counted and points are rewarded proportionally to the nubmer of hits (thanks).

2-Pressing 'forward' to any attack, in the instant it connects, will result in a backpedal, cancelling the attack altogether. While it's better than simply blocking the attack (blocking still drains a bit of HP), it's harder to perform due to timing needed to pull it out.

3-You can perform a 'backpedal' while you're being hit in a combo. If you succeed to backpedal in that situation, you cancel the combo and counters the opponent, launching him/her far away. All the points that the opponent would get will go to the backpedaller instead, along with a bonus 1000 points. This is called 'unthanking', and it is much more rewarding than a normal backpedal. It is harder to perform, though.

Scoring
some bonus points are calculated as follows:

*SECOND ATTACK- given to the player who makes the second sucessful attack. 1000 pts
*WELP- combo between 3~5 hits. Number of hits multiplied by 100 (300, 400, 500 pts)
*NICE- combo between 6~8 hits. Number of hits multiplied by 200 (1200, 1400, 1600 pts)
*HE7 BAB7- combo between 9~13 hits. Number of hits multiplied by 300 (2700, 3000, 3300, 3600, 3900 pts)
*POSTING FREAK- 14~over hits. Number of hits multiplied by 350 (4900~etc)

*BACKPEDAL- the first sucessful backpedal adds 100 pts to the score, and each subsequent sucessful backpedals are multiplied by 2 in an exponential fashion. The multipliers are reset when the player takes damage. The formula for backpedal scoring goes as follows:

Code:
BACKPEDAL SCORE=100x2^(n-1)
where n is the number of sucessful backpedals in a row.

Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Since the old thread's now closed, I'll just post this again:

What if some moves could stun other characters for a brief period of time?

Also maybe an attack you can charge up or something, I dunno. Not as much of a suggestion as the stunning.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-19-2011, 12:36 PM)Accelgors Wrote: Confirmed Features
*Basically the characters will parody fighting styles from past fighting games, i.e. Vipersnarf parodying Ryu from Streetfighter.
just wanna throw out that SOMEONE needs demitri's midnight bliss then
Thanked by:
Sorry Shawn, already have you beat Cool & Frosty!
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
This game seems pretty much packed already? I mean if you want to add more, that would be a lot of work I'd say.

I'd say it's decent how it is now, but I'm not really sure what you could add, that wouldn't be over the top work.
Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by:
Not really Boo. The next time I get a completely free day, I'll be able to finish everything for the engine, and whenever Gors sprites the rest of the starting roster, I'll put the whole thing together. Pretty much the only thing that'd be difficult to code is the backpedal, the attacks that are caused by pressing forward or backwards, exploding pixel generating systen, and the combo marker system. Everything else is something I can finish in a full day of working on it.
Thanked by:
I'm sure you have some kind of boss planned, but do you have any minor boss characters planned too? I mean stuff akin to Balrog, Vega and Sagat from Street Fighter 2, or Hakumen from BlazBlue, a predetermined boss before the incredibly difficult, cheap boss? Or maybe a rivalry system where you fight a predetermined fighter that's different for each fighter?

Also after the completion of the initial planned fighters is there any set limit on roster size? As in if Gors finishes as much as he wants to do, but then someone comes up with a few extra character sheets, could they be added in?
Thanked by:
i should be the final boss

also it'd be a lot cooler if it was original characters/ story and not just LOOK IT'S TSR PEOPLE DOING TSR THINGS
Thanked by:
(09-19-2011, 10:22 PM)Excalibro Wrote: i should be the final boss

also it'd be a lot cooler if it was original characters/ story and not just LOOK IT'S TSR PEOPLE DOING TSR THINGS

We kind of are original characters?
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
can I suggest that "NICE" get renamed to "THANKS!" to make it more relevant?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I thought the story was fairly original, for what it's worth. There's parts that are completely cliche, but this is basically a parody of fighting games as a whole. The story even parodies some of the things that happened here, such as Dex leaving, the Male Gaze explosion, and if you ever cared to wonder what happened to most of GD, you'll find out when the game is finished and after you get towards the end of story mode. But still, what's wrong with a parody of fighting games based that is based around a spiriting community?
Thanked by:
'thanks' is already on hits' place, so I can't really do that

unless you're fine with "8 thanks - thanks", then I can easily change it
Thanked by:
oh, okay
didn't know that

it should be changed to something relevant to tSR though, like

REPORTED or WARNED or something
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Whether it's during the first release or in installments after, the Dizzy Gillespie shark should he a helper. I'm definitely not pushing that because of me and the Diz being last name bros or anything~
Well there is no roster limit. If anyone wants to add unto what Gors and I have, feel free to. After the original six and this gets rolling, I'd be happy to add anyone to it, as long as there is a finished sheet. The rivalry deal sounds like a good idea, but the story mode itself won't be implemented untill maybe a second or third demo is released. Gors and I will have to go over it though and talk about it

Also since I've referenced the final boss a time or two, I guess I should give a hint or two. So if anyone cares enough, especially the great resident detective Vipershark, or hell, if the even greater detective David Caruso (if hes still alive that is) Ill post a small hint every so often.

"His name rhymes"

Thanked by:

SHOULD I INCLUDE REMIXES OF ALREADY-EXISTING MUSIC FOR THIS GAME'S SOUNDTRACK? SHOULD I ONLY INCLUDE ORIGINALS?

If I should add remixes, thank this post.
If I should just stick with original songs, comment.
Thanked by: Virt