Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tips for Ultimecia's Sprite assembling?
Well guys, not related to my post below, I already found out how to assemble sprites but... I'm having problems with Ultimecia's sprites, out of the rest of thse sheets... i like how he/she assembles the sheets, but the problem is the following... I don't know what is what or where is goes for what and when Surprise

I'm making a Persona 2 animation, one of my favorite games ever, but sadly, there's not enough resources online other than videos to let me know how characters move (Personae and Demons), and there are SO MANY pieces in the sprite sheet that I don't know what to do!!!! The animation will last 2Cute5 minnutes so yeah, I have pleeeeenty to build and animate, but I want some tips ffor Sprite assembling (mostly, crossing my fingers to get tips from Ultimecia him/herself), I have to finish this aniation in two weeks and I'm still stuck with building the first Persona (Kiyohime), and sadly, I can't figure out how this one moves (I've seen video walktroughs but it seems whoever plays it skips the ussage of this Persona absolutely...).

So, sorry for the long, annoying post, I just hope I can hear some advice... Cry
Thanked by:
It wouold have been helpful if you had linked to some example sprite sheet so we can take a look and know what exactly you mean because honestly Ultimecia has hundreds of sheets up there
Thanked by:
This has absolutely nothing to do with our moderator ultimecia in anyway does it?
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(09-18-2011, 04:29 AM)Previous Wrote: It wouold have been helpful if you had linked to some example sprite sheet so we can take a look and know what exactly you mean because honestly Ultimecia has hundreds of sheets up there

Well, you're right, that's what I tought :/
Here's the link:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2...rength.png

Ok, the problem is I can't identify what is what or where it goes... I've succesfuly animated the Kiyohime normal floating movement before making an attack... the think is that I don't know how the transformation of the sash to the fan goes sequended (notice it divides into two scrolls before turning to a fan), and I recognize where the dragon head goes (in the long necked torso)... but there are things I can't recognize such as that cestus-looking thingies...

The other one is Hades...
http://www.spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2.../hades.png
The problem with Hades is that, even if I can build his front animation, I don't know why are so many sprites of the wings separated from the arms/body, and I can't make out the perspective of the third and fourth torso sproites...

The third one is Gaia
http://www.spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2...estess.png
Really... I don't even know how to make her do other thing that is not opening and closing her eyes in a magic-attack fashion... what are those hands for anyways?!

And lastly and obviously the most troublesome of the four...
http://www.spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2...father.png

Yeah... Great Father... and the worst, I HAVE to edit it and turn it into "Great Mother"... The thing with gReat Father, tough I know how the enemy looks and moves like, I can't understand what is what or where it goes, when and for what.... there are so many eyes, heads and dismembered body parts that I can't tell exactly how to assemble it... luckily it only appears in the last scene of the animation, and it only does a Megido attack so... I have to figure out a way to make it look cool...

I have problem with a few Strange Journey Sprites... tough it's not much since I've used the Devil Summoner ones (they're the same but without movemend and shadow, the problem is I can't find anything to propperly guide me into building Persona 2 sprites... I already animated Helios yesterday so that's an advance
Thanked by:
Yikes, people are talking about me

Yeah, sorry about that, it's really about trial and error. Maybe a running emulator window can be enlighting.
They are assemble as they are in the memory, and I noticed that they do make some sense sometimes and the animations are alike in the four directions
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
(09-18-2011, 03:04 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: Yikes, people are talking about me

Yeah, sorry about that, it's really about trial and error. Maybe a running emulator window can be enlighting.
They are assemble as they are in the memory, and I noticed that they do make some sense sometimes and the animations are alike in the four directions

Big Grin Thanks for actually comenting here!
Yeah, I know you're not to blame as for how the sprites are distributed in the sheet, I just quoted your ussername in the title since you seem to be a pretty good sprite builder and I used some advice since I have to sinish all of this in two weeks -.-

Hm... well, yeah, I tought about the emulator as well (hoping it runs correctly since my PC barely supports any games, I can't even run dreamcast). What I meant about not making sense is in uh... well, I see many sprite pieces that really don't look like anywthing I know (specially for Gaia and Great father). The only figure I have "built" of Great father is a screenshot (since I found a vid but the battle didn't last long and wasn't very... Hih Definiton), and Gaia, well... man what's that thing anyways? Embarassed

About the animations being alike in their directions, I got what you mean. I edited the Hanakoji and Helios sprites yesterday... but there are some really confusing ones like Odysseus that look well... odd, it seems he has only a couple torso animations and I can't find a propper way to put the blades together...

Hm... what do you do to build them? Do you use the emulator thingie? I mean, I find running the emulator a good idea, but I don't really get how I would check the animations... maybe lowering the emulation frame rate but sadly it would take me forever to get all the personae I need to animate (in game) and getting to Great Father :/ That's the problem, my proyect has a deadline -.-
Thanked by:
It makes sense you mentioned me, I ripped those. But I was just closing the window when I saw my name and went "What? Wait a minute" and opened the browser again.
Persona 2 is a PS1 game so it's much lighter than a DreamCast, and I used ePSXe. With the right config you can make it run smoothly. I mean, I used to run it on 2000 so I think a common computer nowadays might have some results.

Yeah, some of them really don't makes sense at all. I think there are some screens at megaten wiki. There was a Japanese link but I just got my PC wiped clean. It might be at my old submission thread, you might want to take a look
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by: