Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Three Dirty Dwarves(Sega Saturn)
3DD seems to be a really cool game for Sega Saturn, and I've played it a few times, like a few hours ago. I wanna rip the sprites for my Sega Brawlers Megamix project. The simplest way for me to do it is to rip them with animget and take the sprites home for cleaning with Photoshop. Here's the thing, when I took some shots, I noticed that the sprites kinda stretch here and there. I'm using yabause-0.9.7-win, and the default screen res is 320x224. So, is this a normal thing, should I try a smaller screen size, or what? In any case, I'll rip these sprites anyway I can, I just wanna know what I should do to fix that if I can.
For those who don't know, here's the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fft8XGMPBPU

X)
Check out:
[Image: anim_8a980d7a-c355-b5b4-55c8-2382ebeb4a94.gif]
(Click Image to Download latest Demo)

I need Genesis sprites ripped for this Homebrew project. If interested in helping me out, please hit me up on the PM. Cool
Thanked by:
What is the native screen resolution of the Sega Saturn?
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
320*240, I think.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
YO guys, I'm back to try to get this thing started. This PC has been messing up for a while but it's back, and I've gotten another copy of Three Dirty Dwarfs and the Yabause Saturn Emulator. After messing around and pushing keys randomly, I found out I can use different number keys to disable sprites and background layers, but I wont need that since I can use VDP1 and 2 from the debug menu to save displayed graphics into files without stretch marks.

It's a lot more simpler to use since all I'll have to do is take off all the black and color in what actually belongs to the sprites, but I would be simpler if it could be pink by default like the backgrounds. The only thing I need to figure out now is how to pause the emulator so I can make it skip frame by frame by pressing a key, but I don't know how or if it can be done. If anyone knows how, or knows about a tool I can use, or even has some kind of user manual on how to use the keys, it would be cool to help a guy out.

X)
Check out:

I need Genesis sprites ripped for this Homebrew project. If interested in helping me out, please hit me up on the PM. Cool
Thanked by:
... NEVER save something as a jpg...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
I just uploaded as a JPG to reduce size, I have the original BMP copies of this images. I don't use JPG at all anyway, the OpenBOR engine mainly uses GIF and PNG files.
Check out:

Thanked by:
Ok, I fiddled around with yabause and figured out that F12 and the Space bar does exactly what I needed. The bad thing is that the background of the sprites in VDP1 is black, so I'll have to take them home and color in the black that the sprites need in the copies I made in pink:
[Image: 70idle.th.png][Image: 36walk.th.png]

If anyone else has a better way to do this, I'd love to hear it. Until then, more updates in the future. Cool

EDIT:
Just ripped this guy's 2 standard attacks:
[Image: 58attacks.th.png]

BTW, his name is Greg:
[Image: 20greg.th.png]
Tongue

x)
Check out:

Thanked by:
Quote:Can you load a wrong palette for this guy (without black)? Then you could copy the background, change it into another colour and lay it on the right-coloured character.
Maybe this could help.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
The beard/black part below his chin is missing on the bottom row.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(12-03-2011, 08:38 AM)Davy Jones Wrote:
Quote:Can you load a wrong palette for this guy (without black)? Then you could copy the background, change it into another colour and lay it on the right-coloured character.
Maybe this could help.
Don't know if that could work, since the black on greg's beard and other parts matches the background color to. If you mean the background from the game, I would just clean them from shots if they didn't stretch. Gonna Puke

I did get some coloring done though, and I think I got it about right:
[Image: 71idle.th.png][Image: 66walk.th.png]

X)
Check out:

Thanked by:
The game usually knows which black is the real black, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to display the sprites ingame. The portraits in Lunar SSSC behave identical.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: