Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon Quest X
[Image: glvMu.jpg]
http://www.dqx.jp/

Details:
- First internally developed DQ game at Square Enix
- Produced by Yosuke Saito (NIER) and directed by Jin Fujisawa (DQ8, DQ9)
- Online RPG for Wii and WiiU
- The Wii version will be released in 2012 in Japan, no date for WiiU version
- The WiiU version will have much better graphics, but the world will be the same
- The opening movie is by Square Visual Works

- The game takes place in a world with 5 continents, and 5 different races/tribes living in them
- Massive world and story that builds on the foundations of DQ9's ideas
- Visible equipment
- For those who play alone there will be NPCs who can be recruited into the party and driven by AI
- There are battle transitions, and the combat commands at menu based, but the player only controls his/her character

- The Wii game supports Wiimote+Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, as well as USB Keyboards
- The Wii game will use both the game disc as well as USB memory storage
- There could be a feature where characters can be transferred onto the 3DS and shared with other players using Streetpass
- Online fees are a possibility

Trailers:
[Image: 2132460040_fulldq59.jpg]
[Image: tra.jpg]
Thanked by:
I'm a bit wary of the online element but everything else is sounding pretty damn cool

Quote:- Produced by Yosuke Saito (NIER)
fffffffffffffuck yeah
Thanked by:
This wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but now that I think about it, it is a pretty logical next step after DQIX.

this has potential to be amazingly badass, i thought dqix's multiplayer was cool but this would be so much easier to do since it's online

lets just hope they localize it Cry

Also the first second video is down, I'm not sure exactly what it was but I found another one that shows some gameplay:

Thanked by:
seems pretty fun, although I know absolutely nothing about the Dragon Quest series aside from the slime things.

I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
thank god dragon quest still exists
Thanked by:
(09-05-2011, 07:51 PM)CO2 Wrote: thank god dragon quest still exists

ironically I'm too lazy to find the first game.

maybe because it never caught on to me before until now.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
My expression during the conference went from moderate excitement to complete disappointment. I have a good feeling that this will turn out like Final Fantasy XIV, just a hunch.

What I want from X:
-Memorable Characters
-Great Music
-Good Storyline

If it turns out like Phantasy Star Online with a DQ twist I wouldn't really mind, Dragon Quest won't be Dragon Quest ever again.
Thanked by:
I think this'll basically end up like Dragon Quest 9 (for better or worse), except the multiplayer aspect will be a bit more in depth and obviously online. So it'll be a lot of fun, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for a really intriguing and interesting story (although one of the guys from Nier is involved, and people seem to love Nier's story so who knows...). It'll be probably be silly and charming, but I'm sure a greater focus will be on the multiplayer.

and it won't be as bad as ff14, the dragon quest series has never let down nearly as much as the ff series and i don't think it's gonna let down now either
Thanked by: