Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Famous triangles
Hey everyone, long time triangle, first time poster here.

Check out these totally banging sprites of triangles of famous video game characters. Can YOU name them all?

[Image: triangles.png]

Give positive comments only PLEASE.
Everybody loves triangles

I prefer circles tbh -woppet
Thanked by:
First one is president obama, second is luigi, uh I don't know the third one but the fourth is jigglypuff for sure Cool

nah, just kidding. Are these the final versions or are you going to add shading and more details? At their current state, I wouldn't describe them as pixelart.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
I feel that less is more some times. Why add a lot of shading or details when the basic design is all that matters? Nobody told Picasso he needed to add more shading and details to his art.
Everybody loves triangles

I prefer circles tbh -woppet
Thanked by:
You can't exactly improve if all we do is say "lol great"

What you're asking us to do is pointless.

I suggest using the pencil tool, not the brush. Your stuff is clunky and unrefined.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 03:28 PM)Triangle Man Wrote: Give positive comments only PLEASE.

That's not how it works around here, buddy.

If you only get people telling you your stuff is good (when it actually isn't) then you'll never improve.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
There's a difference between a five-year old and Picasso.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 03:28 PM)Triangle Man Wrote: Hey everyone, long time triangle, first time poster here.

Check out these totally banging sprites of triangles of famous video game characters. Can YOU name them all?

[Image: triangles.png]

Give positive comments only PLEASE.

you didn't control each individual pixel of these. these aren't pixel art. you just doodled some stuff in mspaint with the paintbrush tool with your mouse and I guess you think because there's no shading or anti-aliasing that makes it pixel art?? and absolutely no artist worth his salt avoids (constructive) criticism, you should be SEEKING it even
Thanked by:
Am I the only one that expected Triforce pixel art? Or other legendary/important triangles?

Regardless,
Maybe he's looking for positively charged toned critism. So more along the lines of what he can do to improve rather than what he did wrong. Yes I know they're the same thing really, but one way of saying it doesn't hurt ones precious little pride as much.
Any ways, what you COULD do to improve is refine some of the blocks of color, to further define which character is which. At this point its hard to tell whether that fourth one is Kirby or some sort of weird red eye thing with strange vertical eyebrows.

I also think these pieces could highly benefit if every curve was replaced by a diagonal line. Or just geometric shapes... Or just simple curves... Or staying in the lines. Or any combonation of them.
Thanked by:
I kinda like the Mario one, I'm not sure why maybe its the ratio of head compared to its body. Though I think you forgot to fill in the nose there. Plus I really like Terminal's advice.
[Image: Pika_FB.jpg][Image: Pika_BG.jpg][Image: Pika_TB.jpg][Image: Pika_DA.jpg]
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 03:40 PM)Triangle Man Wrote: I feel that less is more some times. Why add a lot of shading or details when the basic design is all that matters? Nobody told Picasso he needed to add more shading and details to his art.
Minimalism can look very nice if done right.
This isn't done right.

DrSlouch basically said what I would say anyway; listen to criticism instead of asking for pats on the butt because those won't help you improve, these aren't actually pixel art rather they are just MS Paint doodles, etc.
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 03:40 PM)Triangle Man Wrote: Nobody told Picasso he needed to add more shading and details to his art.
When he was being trained...yes, yes they did. That's how he became what he was, moving in and out of art schools, being trained by his father, where he was critiqued and told how to improve. He didn't start off as a cubist, he grew to that through classical training, etc. Not to mention some of those works were just piles of shit and he KNEW it, and sold them to unknowing customers who were ever so pleased to own something with his name attached to it. When he became famous he never took critiques well, he had a napoleon complex.

That's all beside the point. Just thought I'd correct you here because if you're gonna make statements like that you better know what the fuck you're talking about.

Now onto you're work. I'm gonna be honest here these are awful. I'm sorry, but they are and patting you on the head is not gonna get you to improve it's gonna keep you in mediocrity. I want you to improve though so here we go....
To start;
-You had a poor composition choice, triangles are very restrictive shapes, and making characters out of them is quite hard to someone as inexperienced as you, and in general almost anyone.
-you chose characters who didn't fit you're template in the slightest.
- you used the line tool
-you didn't even you the line tool correctly to make your template because the lines don't even match up correctly....
-These aren't pixel-art, these are... ms-paint drawings. Honestly it reminds me alot of stuff I posted on here back when it was pixeltendo 6 years ago. so I please hear me out, we can help you improve but you need listen and not only look for the positive. I was like you at one point, I'm guessing you're rather young, and i was back then too and hated crits but learned to listen and improved greatly. We are rather experienced here, we have professional pixel-artists here, some of the top pixel-artists from sites like pixeljoint(a very reputable site might I add), and just generally a very knowledgeable member base in almost every field of art. It is VERY RARE to find a community like this, especially with how well tempered we are compared to what we used to be. So take what we say with consideration and care, we want you to improve.
-lastly scrap these start over. These are a lost cause and trying to improve something that isn't even pixel-art is going to get you no where.

I hope to see you post something new soon, something that actually is pixel art, and I hope to give you critique on that too and watch you turn into a decent and eventually a great pixel-artist. I also recommend looking at our pixel-art dictionary topic, it'll help you understand what you're doing more.
Thanked by:
Eh, Trigonometry isn't really my thing but I'll try to address some points:

1. You type in a readable manner meaning you have some intelligence but the words that are typed are complete bullshit. You have must to learn in taking criticism my friend.

2. These aren't pixel art, they are crude oekaki MSpaint drawings place on the base of a triangle. While I really enjoy the idea of a limited canvas, you didn't really use it to your advantage. I would personally try pixelling something only within the triangle canvas and not go outside the lines. I think I might try that actually, when I get the chance.

3. Part of me hopes this whole thing is really just a joke.

4. Search for some tutorials on how to make pixel art or pick up a different art form, be it digital or traditional.

Edit: Ninja'd by Pope, great advice.

Thanked by:
Everyone hear has good advice, use it.

As for triangle love:
[Image: Telly-Triangle.jpg]
Thanked by:
Needs more Universe Man.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
But Ton, dont they hate eachother?
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: