Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Viewing Models
I've downloaded some of the Crisis Core and Dissidia 012 models, but I can't view them because the model viewer program I use, Noesis, isn't compatible with them. Can anyone else tell me of a program I could use for them?
Thanked by:
It *should* be compatible with them actually. At least the newest version of Noesis is. However you can always try something Blender to open them if you like.
Thanked by:
Well it works as far as opening them, but the Dissidia models show up without any textures, that is they're just white, and the CC models open with their textures all jumbled (Genesis' hair on his knees, shoulders on his head, etc).

EDIT - the Noesis I have is 3.51, I believe. If there's a newer version could you link it please? I downloaded what I think you mean by Blender, and it doesn't even see the files when I go to open them in it. (http://www.blender.org/index.php?id=1262...dows64.exe)
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 04:25 PM)DrakeClawfang Wrote: the Noesis I have is 3.51, I believe. If there's a newer version could you link it please?
Nope, that's the latest. btw, you can always download the latest version here.
Thanked by:
Right then, doesn't work. And I figured out how to load the models in Blender (import, not open), but they show up white, and I've never used it before so I don't know how to cycle their animations and whatnot.
Thanked by:
Well the issue with the discoloration has to do with the file not properly explaining (to some programs, not all) which textures to load. The materials however, are still there and you can reassign them fairly easily in most 3D editing programs. No idea 'bout in Noesis.

I don't use Blender so I can't honestly explain it to you, but as it is popular freeware there are a number of guides online explaining how to work it.
Thanked by:
I'm inclined to forego Blender, I can't even figure out how to rotate the view of the model. Know of any others I could try?
Thanked by:
Most of the other decent ones cost money, but you could use the trial versions. You could try things like Milkshape 3D, Fragmotion, or heck even the 3DS Max Trial if you're so inclined. I can't guarantee you'll like them any better than Blender though.
Thanked by:
Well I don't need much more than a trial, just need a viewer I can take screencaps from, I'm trying to get images for the Final Fantasy Wiki Smile. Thanks for the names, I'll check them out.

EDIT - FragMotion loads them fine and the CC models work okay, but the Dissidia DLC are still blank without texture.
Thanked by:
Might I suggest you click on the models, enter the material editor, and try to reload the textures from there? That's what I normally do when I'm faced with a situation where I open a downloaded model and the textures are not there.
Thanked by:
Material editor? What dropdown would that be under?
Thanked by:
That depends... What program are you using?
Thanked by:
I use Noesis normally but I have access to FragMotion which works fine and Blender which is an p.o.s.
Thanked by:
Well, I'm unfamiliar with those programs, so I don't know where you can find the material editors for those. The only option I can think of is to locate the programs' search feature, so you can locate the editor for each program.
Thanked by:
Thanks, I think.
Thanked by: