Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario & Luigi styled Magnus Von Grapple
Hey everyone! I recently embarked on my first big custom sprite project (the others were pretty small) and I wanted to do a Mario & Luigi style sprite. I went over to the Custom/Edits section and noticed one of my favorite Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door bosses was missing. Using a photo for reference, I managed to produce this first draft with a simple animation.
[Image: magnusvongrapple-animated.gif]
Naturally, this is an animated version, but any actual submissions would be on a sheet with all the individual frames and parts.
Tell me what you think! My previous experiences with custom spriting taught me that feedback is really useful. Seriously, don't ask to see my first draft of my first project... it's pretty bad in comparison to the final draft.
[Image: flarezekrom-animated.gif] [Image: boltreshiram-animated3.gif] [Image: primaldialga-animated.gif] [Image: temporalpalkia-animated.gif] [Image: torrentgroudon-animated.gif] [Image: porygon-e-animated.gif]
Edited Pokemon sprites? You bet. Because I can. Allons-y!
Thanked by:
The animation looks pretty good, I gotta say, but you may want to post your progress in this section if it's still a WIP.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...php?fid=14
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
Great job! Something that might be cool is to "un-paperify" it and make it look like an actual mech, maybe? You could have the original and your version. I dunno.

Anyway, it's great. Hope to see the audience cannon. Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Oh my gosh. That just about looks like the original thing scaled down!

Very impeccable, I really hope to see this completed.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
i'd like to see a reference being posted for those who are unfamiliar with the character.
Thanked by:
Okay, time to reply to stuff.
A.J. Nitro - Yeah, I probably should do that, since I doubt just this idle animation would be enough. And I might need to enlist some help. I don't have a ton of experience with battle animations...
EDIT: Well, looks like I don't have to since it was moved for me. Huzzah, having other people help you because they can!
Tomberry2k - Unpaperify? Judging by what I've seen in the custom section, that seems more like Smithygon's territory. I've seen what he's done, and he would probably be a prime choice for a project like that.
Also, the audience cannon is only present in Magnus Von Grapple 2.0, but that would be fun anyway.
Mighty Jetters - Well, it WAS made by looking at a picture in my sideboard, so that makes sense. Hooray!
CO2 - No problemo.
Magnus Von Grapple is a boss in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It is a robot used by Lord Crump in an attempt to steal one of the Crystal Stars for the goals of the X-Nauts. To read more, check out:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Magnus_von_Grapple

ALSO EDIT: Anyone looking to help can find the parts here. Battle animations aren't my forte!
[Image: flarezekrom-animated.gif] [Image: boltreshiram-animated3.gif] [Image: primaldialga-animated.gif] [Image: temporalpalkia-animated.gif] [Image: torrentgroudon-animated.gif] [Image: porygon-e-animated.gif]
Thanked by:
i can tell this was eyeballed but not traced. please continue.
Thanked by:
One thing about the idle is that the paper would have a xylophone effect when it bobbed up and down... but that's a pain to animate.
Thanked by:
xylophone

[Image: Woodstock%20Xylophone.jpg]

acordeon

[Image: acordeon.gif]

I believe you meant acordeon. But I do get what you say.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
D'oh. I did mean accordion. Whoopsie.

And I felt so cool for spelling it right...
Thanked by:
Not a bad animation, but the limbs should be more realistic rather than being paper.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
Something like Bender's arms/legs would look cool, I think.
Thanked by:
(08-29-2011, 12:22 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Something like Bender's arms/legs would look cool, I think.

That's already kinda been done in the Mario & Luigi series, as shown by Junker here.
[Image: junker-animated.gif]
Then again, can't you just imagine Bender modifying that "Turner" joke into:
"You want that car junked? You shoulda called my cousin Junker!"
lol
Thanked by:
WAIT JUST A SECOND

i did this already, actually

here, you can use all of these (at least all of the ones marked Lexou)

I know they're not great, but eh
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
No need to steal the dude's thunder. He's trying to make a sheet of it. You never did. Tongue
Thanked by: