Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IN DEVELOPMENT] Super Mario World ASE
Hey TSR. I thought I'd post about my fangame.
Super Mario World ASE is an awesome fangame constructed with Game Maker 8. The game features updated SMA4 graphics, physics that are as close to Super Mario World as we could get them, 6 different colored Yoshis each with their own abilities, 12 different power-ups that vary by character, 4 playable characters (Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Blue Toad.), several variable worlds, well-constructed levels, several mounts including Poochy, a tank, and 3 different Kuribo Shoes, Subpop and Skypop levels, a serious story, swap-able character skins, all SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and SMW enemies and several new enemies, 8-bit throwbacks to the NES Mario platformers, an MP3 soundtrack which can also be customized, Donkey Kong-specific levels, intense boss battles, several "fusion" levels (We are big fans of MKFusion.), and a lot more. Our engine is literally packed with content.
The gameplay is like a blend of SMB, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, and NSMB. You'll find yourself wall-jumping and uprooting vegetables and taking out enemies with a raccoon tail.
[Image: asescreenies.png]
Here's a link to our reactor site:
http://s4.zetaboards.com/SMWASE_Reactor/index/
We really have a small development team and we're in need of more developers. But you can check out our engine and stuff on there if you want. You can't find Super Mario World ASE on Google, so make sure you follow our links.
Thanked by:
Ooookay. What you write there definitely sounds nice!
Anyways, I hope you don't just vanish after this post that links to your own forum, as that would be nothing but shameful advertisement Wink
I guess it'd be nice to have a short demo gameplay video, that would give a better insight into your engine than some downscaled screenshots.
Oh, by the way, one can find it on google just fine.
Thanked by:
The Story

Super Mario World ASE
And So It Begins...
The All-Star, the most powerful star of all, eternal guardian of the Mushroom World, was formed from shooting stars called star shards. The seven star shards that formed the All-Star were followed by a stream of shooting Star Bits, colorful crystals that, when collected, form Super Stars.

It was the night of the Star Festival, a celebration of the All-Star and the seven Star Shards that formed it. Mario had received a letter.

"Dear Mario, you're invited to celebrate the Star Festival with me and my Mushroom Retainers. I'm looking forward to seeing you there! We can celebrate the stars together! Yours truly, Princess Toadstool. -Peach"

Hoohoo! With invitation in hand, Mario, accompanied by party-crasher Luigi, heads off for the Star Festival.

Oh, and I'm sorry. It must be Google Mobile that redirects me to the hack site. Heheh. Sorry. Right now we are ironing out the bugs so we can show you guys some gameplay! We were a Hello Engine 4 game, but we're not as far in development as, say, MKFusion, so we're switching over to our own engine, the ASEngine. It has awesome physics and we're sending over everything from SMWASE. It's so cool, as to like, you can't tell it apart from a real game in an emulator. It's awesome. I'm really proud of my team! I wouldn't be anywhere without them! Smile
Thanked by:
sounds like super mario galaxy plot wise.

and from what I am seeing this looks like another generic mario fan game but I'll have to wait and see on that one.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(08-27-2011, 12:34 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: sounds like super mario galaxy plot wise.

and from what I am seeing this looks like another generic mario fan game but I'll have to wait and see on that one.

If all these new features are generic I don't know what isn't. I wanted a Super Mario Galaxy style plot. I thought it would sound really cool in a platformer.
...Seriously what's your idea of a not-generic Mario fangame.
Thanked by:
(08-27-2011, 01:48 PM)OTAKU Wrote: ...Seriously what's your idea of a not-generic Mario fangame.

Gonna go with:
not a platformer.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
(08-27-2011, 10:49 PM)Proton Wrote:
(08-27-2011, 01:48 PM)OTAKU Wrote: ...Seriously what's your idea of a not-generic Mario fangame.

Gonna go with:
not a platformer.

To be honest I can not stand the 3D Marios. Mario is a platformer. We can trace that back to Mario's humble roots. Mario is supposed to be a platformer. And if you guys don't like Mario platformers then you really must not like MFGG.
Thanked by:
(08-28-2011, 05:53 PM)OTAKU Wrote: To be honest I can not stand the 3D Marios. Mario is a platformer.

So is 64.
And Sunshine.
And Galaxy.
And Galaxy 2.

(08-28-2011, 05:53 PM)OTAKU Wrote: if you guys don't like Mario platformers then you really must not like MFGG.
Or that MFGG is really a cesspool of fanboys.

It doesn't matter what you think you've added is original,
this still looks like a generic fangame.

You could have made your own style at least,
maybe an actual original HUD.

Even if you don't use your own style,
don't mix them.
Yoshi's Island sprites don't match Lost Levels sprites.
Some of the backgrounds are 3D renders, and others are pixel arts.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
(08-28-2011, 06:37 PM)Proton Wrote: Or that MFGG is really a cesspool of fanboys.
Mario Fan Games Galaxy.
Mario FAN Games Galaxy.

With that aside, I can tell you guys that we have switched engines to the ASEngine, and engine we are developing with DragezeeY.
Thanked by:
(08-30-2011, 02:05 PM)OTAKU Wrote:
(08-28-2011, 06:37 PM)Proton Wrote: Or that MFGG is really a cesspool of fanboys.
Mario Fan Games Galaxy.
Mario FAN Games Galaxy.

thanks captain obvious.

I still think you're plot could be more original, at least.

Ignoring mixed graphics and shit like that I honestly think that if you really wanted to put in some effort then I'd change the story in general, I mean come on, you're literally ripping off SMG's plot even if you hardly know it or don't like it for whatever reason.

I also want to point out if you want a mario game that has it's roots, get NSMBDS or NSMBWii because that's just about close you can get to a 2D mario game.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
My ideal fangame would be one that treats Donkey Kong as a rideable character like Yoshi

you should do this
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
(09-05-2011, 09:19 PM)oB2Kojjiro Mario Wrote: My ideal fangame would be one that treats Donkey Kong as a rideable character like Yoshi

you should do this

be careful what you say.

that might end up in a fan game I make
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(09-06-2011, 03:40 PM)masterofthething Wrote:
(09-05-2011, 09:19 PM)oB2Kojjiro Mario Wrote: My ideal fangame would be one that treats Donkey Kong as a rideable character like Yoshi

you should do this

be careful what you say.

that might end up in a fan game I make

I was totally going to do it in a fangame I decided not to do
because holy crap that would have been a cool concept.

DK barrel instead of Yoshi egg
rider gets DK's coconut gun for some reason
Donkey Punches
jesus christ why has it never happened yet
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
Actually I want a Mario fan game that takes elements from the Donkey Kong and Wario series.

Why hasn't anyone made a fan game where all the villains (Bowser, Wart, Tatanga etc.) team up and now all the Mario heroes have to team up to stop them?
Thanked by:
All the previous bosses appear in SMWASE.
Thanked by: