Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TiledGGD, color?
Hi , I'm a beginner in sprite ripping.
I've been trying to figure out how to use TiledGGD for a few days.
Today, I got my first rip. Yaaay... Big Grin

Next, I want to try ripping Touhou hisoutensoku sprites. There is th123a.dat file in the game folder.
I am sure th123a.dat file contains the sprites, I tried to open the file in TiledGGD but the graphic and palette didn't appear. Maybe, it happened because the file size was to big.(~900MB)

So, I used hex editor to split the file.
yeah, I found something but the colors wasn't right.Sad
I've changed the color mode, endiannes mode and moved the graphics 1 byte but I can't find the right color.

this is the closest color i can get.... (yuyuko)

[Image: 2uh2vm9.jpg]

this is the right color
[Image: 100px-YuyukoSWR.png]

How to get the right color?

I know another method by using memory dump from the game.
I just want to know what's wrong in this method Cry . I think it's a lot easier to rip from the dat file rather than memory dump.
Thanked by:
Depending on the program I know that you actually have to recolor the sprites yourself to get the right color.

I'm not the biggest ripper so it might not be a bad idea to get a second opinion on this.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
If you want to nab the sprites from the Touhou games, try using Brightmoon to extract them, and CV2Conv to convert the files to PNG.

As for the sprites themselves, check here, here or here to see what we already have from the fighting games.
Thanked by:
Have you tried changing the Alpha Location to End?

Scratch that, it didn't help. Brightmoon is probably your best bet.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
(08-20-2011, 01:33 AM)Kat Wrote: Depending on the program I know that you actually have to recolor the sprites yourself to get the right color.

I'm not the biggest ripper so it might not be a bad idea to get a second opinion on this.

I think it's better to rip from memory dump rather than recolor the sprites

(08-20-2011, 02:15 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: If you want to nab the sprites from the Touhou games, try using Brightmoon to extract them, and CV2Conv to convert the files to PNG.

As for the sprites themselves, check here, here or here to see what we already have from the fighting games.

I've never heard brightmoon before
hmm...I'm curious which one easier to rip using TiledGGD or making software to extract the resources. I'll try to see the source code.

Yup, I know the sprites has been submitted by DarkOverord.

I'm just curious,,,, you know beginner curiosityTongue

(08-20-2011, 06:10 AM)Deathbringer Wrote: Have you tried changing the Alpha Location to End?

Scratch that, it didn't help. Brightmoon is probably your best bet.

Yes, I'll try brightmoon

==========================
btw thanks for the answersBig Grin
Thanked by:
I hope you have good luck and just bare in mind that sometimes you have no choice but to recolor the sprites
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
(08-22-2011, 01:28 AM)Kat Wrote: I hope you have good luck and just bare in mind that sometimes you have no choice but to recolor the sprites

What is the best software to recolor sprite?
currently, I'm using aseprite.
maybe there is better software than aseprite.

Thanks for the advice
Thanked by:
Mspaint is what I'd use but its up to you in the end.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by: