Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TrunksFightingTeenCustomJus(need Critiques)
Wink 
Here are some of my Jus edits that i want to submit to custom/edited [Image: trunksfightingteen.png]
Thanked by:
how does a custom edit works, anyway? it being an edit automatically defeats the purpose of being "custom", dear sir.
Thanked by:
I thought these were already posted before-OH

that's the problem about custom edits
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
i wonder what happens if i just switch the hair color to red. does it automatically turns it into my edit and i can claim ownership over it?
Thanked by:
No These were originally Trunks with sword sprites and i edited them to look like this i DIDNT steal anyones sheet. Ps why does the site say Custom/Edited then????? No one posted these before that i know of. I made the armor, Ponytail, Shoes everything but the base sprites. You get it now????
Here are the base sprites[Image: trunkjusbyvash32d1n8olg.png] you see the Huge difference i even credited the original person who made the base sprites. I hope that cleared up any confusion. Its no different then those bardock sprites on the custom/edited section of Tsr They were obviously Goku edits to make him look like bardock yet you dont seem to understand that I merely used trunks as a base to make a different Form of him such as those bardock sprites. And I did credit vash 32 for his original sprites that i used as a base
Thanked by:
okay, it still looks like he's wearing trousers though

Thanked by:
Guys I'm not sure ever called these "custom edits" unless he changed his post and I missed it. He just wants to submit them to custom/edit on the submission area? I dunno I so rarely go to that part of the forum, possibly like months ago I was there?

Anyway, edits aren't generally accepted around here. Unless their heavy edits, which are close to customs. I'll be honest, don't edit. You learn practically nothing from it and whatever "rewarding feeling" you get from the end result is really miniscule in comparison to how you'll feel if you completely build something up scratch, and you'll also develop pixelart skills. With skills you can grow as an artist and do whatever you please, and in turn use your knowledge to help others.

Oh what the hell. While I'm at it I'll comment on the sprites too. I can't tell if these are your's or not. Really I don't care either, these things are done in such an abundance that even if you did "make" these, someone has been here for you and did the same exact thing if not better. No one really wants to see JUS style(which is actually pretty ugly) anymore(hell when I was doing it back in 08 no one wanted to see it then either). Do something original, or if you must do something JUS make it something that we haven't seen 1000000000 times before, Trunks, Goku, Vegeta, etc. we have all seen them in game, edited, re-vamped, and "custom" by so many people over the years who were just like you that it's actually annoying. EDIT: Literally is that what you did? you did a really shitty armor edit that it almost looks like a recolour? Please don't waiste your time with this really, don't do it. There is no demand for things of this nature, you're learning nothing from it, and then you waiste time defending it. It's silly, just move on from here and forget about this sheet.
Thanked by:
3D Modelling 
(08-15-2011, 11:44 AM)The Pope of Dope Wrote: Guys I'm not sure ever called these "custom edits" unless he changed his post and I missed it. He just wants to submit them to custom/edit on the submission area? I dunno I so rarely go to that part of the forum, possibly like months ago I was there?

Anyway, edits aren't generally accepted around here. Unless their heavy edits, which are close to customs. I'll be honest, don't edit. You learn practically nothing from it and whatever "rewarding feeling" you get from the end result is really miniscule in comparison to how you'll feel if you completely build something up scratch, and you'll also develop pixelart skills. With skills you can grow as an artist and do whatever you please, and in turn use your knowledge to help others.

Oh what the hell. While I'm at it I'll comment on the sprites too. I can't tell if these are your's or not. Really I don't care either, these things are done in such an abundance that even if you did "make" these, someone has been here for you and did the same exact thing if not better. No one really wants to see JUS style(which is actually pretty ugly) anymore(hell when I was doing it back in 08 no one wanted to see it then either). Do something original, or if you must do something JUS make it something that we haven't seen 1000000000 times before, Trunks, Goku, Vegeta, etc. we have all seen them in game, edited, re-vamped, and "custom" by so many people over the years who were just like you that it's actually annoying. EDIT: Literally is that what you did? you did a really shitty armor edit that it almost looks like a recolour? Please don't waiste your time with this really, don't do it. There is no demand for things of this nature, you're learning nothing from it, and then you waiste time defending it. It's silly, just move on from here and forget about this sheet.
oh yeah cuz thats really why alot of ppl love this sheet on deviant art. The jus style isnt ugly if it was ppl wouldnt put them isn ssf2 or other games. btw i know the armor is crappy it was my 1st jus edit so relax dont be a loser and cuss about my beginning stuff jeez and i edit things because i like to edit them and if you have a problem with jus style dont comment on something about it. I want people that are experienced with the jus style(DBZ not anything else) to tell me what i can do better not to give up. I dont play that and personally I have never seen a full sprite sheet like this on the internet only trunks with the sword Not Trunks(FightingTeen) Just because Trunks is in the name doesnt mean that you saw it already.
Thanked by:
(08-15-2011, 12:12 PM)all-star75 Wrote: oh yeah cuz thats really why alot of ppl love this sheet on deviant art.

(08-15-2011, 12:12 PM)all-star75 Wrote: The jus style isnt ugly

(08-15-2011, 12:12 PM)all-star75 Wrote: if it was ppl wouldnt put them isn ssf2 or other games.

You should just,

not think like this.

JSS/JUS is a disgusting style.

It doesn't matter how popular it is,

especially since it's popular because it's the closest thing to Smash Bros. on the DS that's actually a full game and it's full of mainstream anime characters.

The only thing that's as bad as thinking JUS looks good is that you thought editing an ugly edit would make a good edit in JUS style.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
(08-15-2011, 12:12 PM)all-star75 Wrote: deviant art

Well there would be your first problem. The place is over run with overly nice head patters who give no crits. All they do is go "OMG SO AWSOME! YOU"RE LIKE SO GOOD OMGZZZZZZZZZ I LUV TRUNKS HE SO DESU DESU".

I used to think my sprites were good when I went there in like 6th grade. Then I came here. I too argued that "my stuff was good", damn bro I even did the whole JUS thing for a little bit too(although mine weren't edits, they were reallly shitty customs) Actually I was really into it and thought it was a good looking style. THen I stepped back for two seconds, re-read the crits and realized how wrongn I was. I grew up, I started working hard on my own stuff and eventually got better and generalyl became an accepted member of the community both art wise and as a person.

But come on on man, don't be a tool and ignore what we say to you, we know what we're talking about. I mean we have several resident professional pixelartists here, some of the top pixelartists from Pixeljoint and in general a rather well educated (formally and/or self taught) member base. We're being constructive we're far better behaved towards new members than we were years ago when I was new. Belive me we're pretty mellow now too back in teh day this thread would've been ripped to shreds with comments that were more cruel than constructive. Just let this go, and try something new and we'll see where it goes from there? Yes? Good.
Thanked by:
Also not about the sprite, but the presentation:
please change that background colour, it's so dark
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
Sad 
Thing is i havent really tried any other style and im not sure that im good at them and if ppl were head patters it wouldnt of made it onto their faves list.
Thanked by:
I feel the need to clarify something. No, they probably have not this exact sheet before. I certainly have not. Here's the thing though, Trunks is a popular DBZ character. JUS is a popular style. There are probably DOZENS of similiar sheets out there. So when they say they've seen many of the same thing, they really mean, we've seen plently like this, and there isn't really anything to make it stand out. If you've seen one you've seen them all sort of thing.

Second. Deviant art has A LOT of people, just by sheer probability you're going to find a few people that like the sheet. Further many of them don't care to critique on quality. They like it because it is a fan work on a character they like. It could stand to be five times worse than this and they would still like it. just because its Trunks.

Third, you really don't need people experienced in a certain style to tell to how to be better overall. There's lots of things that someone with just general skill can tell you how to improve. For example, I have not touched JUS style, and I can still tell you you need to darken the shadows on both the pants and especially the armor, before you work on anything else since it is quite hard to see how it is shaded right now. I would also throw a shadow on the brown stomach belt thing the armor has.

Fourth, most people around here are really just trying to encourage everyone who dares post here to reach for the highest levels. And they believe scratch spriting is the fastest way to do so. After all, the goal of TSR isn't the improvement of sprites, its the improvement of the spriters. Just a tip, don't be confrontational with the TSR veterans. Calling them names is just silly and not a productive way for you to convince them to help you.

Any time someone shows an edit here TSR is going to spout the whole SCRATCH SPRITE song and dance. It is how you react to that which determines how helpful this place can be. If you blantantly fight back? You are just going to spin your wheels until TSR drives you off. Which is a complete waste of your time. A better option would be to just calmly explain that you want to finish this one up right regardless and that you will consider making a scratch sprite later. I'm sure the people here would help you improve this one then (And the scratch sprites you make later). OF course there's the option of just dropping this one and making some scratchwork. TSR loves that one and would be really helpful in that case regardless of starting level.

ALSO the people of TSR tend to ninja longer posts. :/
Thanked by:
(08-15-2011, 11:39 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: okay, it still looks like he's wearing trousers though
my criticism still stands.

And why has there always got to be a shitstorm when I'm having SUPPER.

Thanked by:
Theres ur problem if they were pieces of shit in the 1st place then crits wouldnt say they were good. You know what im done with TSR Every other site loves sprites like these ive been to alot that highly demand SHitloads of Jus Style people and Would Kill for a good jus sheet Here is just a bunch of haters of Jus that only love other Shitty 8-bit and other sprite styles. Yall are too into the old styles. Thats the cold hard Truth you all need to get with the times. Yall need to Get with what people want. Supply And Demand. SO FUCK ALL OF YOU BITCH ASS HATERS. YOU CAN SUCK ON SOME 8-BIT DICKS LIKE YOU DO EVERY FRIDAY. LOCK THIS SHIT UP AINT NOBODY NEED TO SEE NO MORE OF THESE HATERS.
Thanked by: