Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
BlueGriffins Super Princess Peach submissions
Super Princess Peach on the Nintendo DS
here you go:
[Image: RacoonSPP.png]
[Image: BeetlesSPP.png]
[Image: FireSPP.png]
[Image: RetroSPP.png]

What the hell? why were these moved? I wanted to SUBMIT them...they're done. Why the "Spriting and Pixel Art" thread? I read the rules and they stated that sheets deemed "unfinished" would be moved to the "Sprite Discussion" thread. so what's the deal?
Thanked by:
are these custom edits?
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
They seem to be edits.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
because doing something that was not pasting a tail or recoloring a ball would be too hard to be done. nah, lets just add random spikes and shit.
Thanked by:
(08-06-2011, 01:09 PM)CO2 Wrote: because doing something that was not pasting a tail or recoloring a ball would be too hard to be done. nah, lets just add random spikes and shit.

are you being sarcastic?
those buzzy beetles are custom edited from the spiny in SPP. I didn't just recolor something, I had to edit out the exsisting spikes THEN make a shell that looked good AND shade it. THEN make all the various versions shown. and by adding the "random spikes" as you put it, I made paper mario styled enemied in SPP style. show some respect these took some doing. and they're useful as SPP has no buzzy beetles.
as far as adding a tail, I also added ears and made enough poses to have him wagging said tail in just about every frame. and i didn't just paste on a tail, I made that from scratch too.
(08-06-2011, 12:05 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: They seem to be edits.

yes they are, what is your point sir?
Thanked by:
-Fire Mario/Retro Mario/Retro Fire Mario are just recolors. The very least you could've done for the Fire variations is give them fireball-throwing animations, but as it stands, these are just run-of-the-mill recolors.
-You make the work you did on Raccoon Mario sound a lot harder than it really resulted in. It looks as if you just pasted on the same few sets of ears and tails onto the sprites.
-The only sprite that looks remotely original on the Mario sheets is the jumping, which is incredibly stiff. Mario's legs look as if they were just taken from this frame, which don't work as "jumping" legs.
-As for the Buzzy Beetles, you just edited the spikes off of the Spike-Tops, recolored them blue/gray, pasted some spikes and new eyes on the Spinies, and some wings for the "Paper Mario" ones.

Overall, I'm sorry, but these are just very basic edits; that is probably why they were moved from Submissions to Sprite Discussion. If you want to submit customs/edits in the future, it would be best to show off your works in Sprite Discussion before trying to submit them.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by:
this is certainly going nowhere.
Thanked by:
Everyone calm down.
Blue griffon, although they may have moved them in an anti-edit reflex, they could use some work, so they needed to be moved anyways. I believe the ears on Raccoon Mario could use either some more contrast or at least a semi-visible inner ear. Raccoon Mario's tail could also use some shading on its underside to make it look rounder.
I'd suggest raising mario's jumping fist so that its above his head and raise the angle on his jumping foot.

Everyone else, if blue griffon were to first fix these up, then add the frames lacking to at least allow these to enact any action SMB3 mario is able to (Notably climbing and crouching for the lot of them, Fire mario's throw, Raccoon mario's tail spin), place them all on one sheet, and maybe throw in full sheets of hammer, tanooki and Frog mario on, wouldn't this, despite being a minor edit, be a valid expansion and thus a valid submission?

As a side note: What no bony beetle?
Thanked by:
Boy, you guys are harsh when it comes to submission, especially on sheets i made YEARS ago and have no intention of changing

strict about quality too, no wonder I don't submit anything here, I'm not super talented at spriting, i do what you all call "minor edits" when in fact it IS alot of work for me.
Thanked by:
(08-08-2011, 04:13 PM)bluegriffin18 Wrote: strict about quality too, no wonder I don't submit anything here, I'm not super talented at spriting, i do what you all call "minor edits" when in fact it IS alot of work for me.

That's why you try to get better.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=6533
Here's the notice about customs submissions, tSR only wants the best possible sheets, and if they have noticeable problems then it is expected that they be fixed.

If you're just going to refuse criticism, then you won't survive in many communities (I'm not talking about this one). Drawing the line at "oh, I can only do edits" is lame and you should strive to do a hell of a lot better than that. You should strive to ALWAYS be better than what you currently are. tSR just doesn't accept edits (unless, of course, the edits are so heavily done that the original source isn't noticeable anymore but that's beyond the point), plain and simple. You shouldn't let that stop you, that should tell you "Hey, do 100% custom work". And if your first few sprites suck, then that's alright: you have to make shitty pieces before you can get the hang of an art trade. You keep working at it, you look at and then crush the flaws, you destroy your comfort zones, you look for constant critique, and you just keep improving. Move away from the edits; don't get upset with the quality control, be upset about how you can't do anything better than edits, and then you prove yourself and everyone else wrong by doing better than edits.

BECOME A PRO AT SPRITING

BE THE BEST LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN
I BELIEVE IN YOU
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
(08-08-2011, 04:13 PM)bluegriffin18 Wrote: Boy, you guys are harsh when it comes to submission, especially on sheets i made YEARS ago and have no intention of changing

strict about quality too, no wonder I don't submit anything here, I'm not super talented at spriting, i do what you all call "minor edits" when in fact it IS alot of work for me.

A site needs quality control or else it just becomes a mess. But I have to ask why you have no intention on revisiting it? I mean for a simple edit it isn't horrible.

Fun facts:
1)You don't need talent if you have patience and hard work. I dare say most of the top people here got where they are with mostly those two.
2)Stacking a bunch of minor edits on something makes it a heavy edit
3)Stacking a bunch of minor edits on a blank page makes it a scratch sprite.

[edit] Well crap, outposted.
Thanked by:
I would've thanked your post if it weren't for 3) :B
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
(08-08-2011, 04:33 PM)Terminal Devastation Wrote: 3)Stacking a bunch of minor edits on a blank page makes it a scratch sprite.

Hahaha

No

No it does not.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-08-2011, 04:33 PM)Terminal Devastation Wrote: 1)You don't need talent if you have patience and hard work. I dare say most of the top people here got where they are with mostly those two.
this is actually true. mostof us if not all of us started with really poor edits, yet we decided to improve upon them whenever we realisedor were driven to realise sprite edits are an extremely limited way of expression, purely determined on the diaper sprite used as a base. it was for said discovery that we moved on to the big step that is developing stuff on your own.

Those who refuse or are not ready to take this step foward and start developing content on their own are nothing but shameful babies looking for nothing but quick attention from their fellow babies. it may work on those who are unfamiliar in how spriting works, but a sprite made up entirely from scratch will always have more merit and more value than any megaman or pokemon splice you could ever do. even the most dumb scribble could be improved, whenever an edit will be forever bound to the sprite it was based on.

(08-08-2011, 04:33 PM)Terminal Devastation Wrote: 2)Stacking a bunch of minor edits on something makes it a heavy edit
3)Stacking a bunch of minor edits on a blank page makes it a scratch sprite.
because stacking poop on a bucket makes it more valuable just because it took you a lot of time to gather the poop and put it all together in a bucket.
Thanked by:
(08-08-2011, 04:13 PM)bluegriffin18 Wrote: Boy, you guys are harsh when it comes to submission, especially on sheets i made YEARS ago and have no intention of changing

(08-08-2011, 04:13 PM)bluegriffin18 Wrote: i made YEARS ago and have no intention of changing

(08-08-2011, 04:13 PM)bluegriffin18 Wrote: no intention of changing

(08-08-2011, 04:13 PM)bluegriffin18 Wrote: no intention of changing

[Image: IBsos.png]
This thread by this time,

is having no point, and is sort of sad to see giant, skyscraping paragraphs going to waste.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by: