Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: How Good Are these Sprites?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good
10.00%
1 10.00%
Bad
80.00%
8 80.00%
Alright
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sonic Riders Style Goku!
Wink 
Well Here Goes [Image: gokusonicridersstylebym.png]
Thanked by:
No. Just no.
Edits like these sure doesn't make you very popular here at tSR. For starters, the Extreme Gear doesn't match Goku's style, which you have clearly taken from someone else, who you didn't bother to mention either.
Also, the text isn't supposed to be the centre of attention in a sprite sheet. Font can be smaller (I actually use size 7 Verdana most of the time, if not 8)
If this were Sonic as a Sonic Rider in, let's say Sonic Battle/Advance style, it would have been a different story, though that also depends on the quality and effort put into it, but this is never going to be accepted, that's for sure.
By the way, this is not Sonic Riders style. It's just Goku on an Extreme Gear.
And if this is your first time showing off your sprite work, go to the Sprite Discussion forum (as mentioned in the Forum Rules).

Sorry for roasting you to ashes here, but if I'm not the one to say this, someone else will.
Try to focus more on custom stuff. Using other sprites as a base is okay, but credit the person for the sprites you use elements of. When you do, post it in the Sprite Discussion for critique. It's the only way to make it here at tSR.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
(08-03-2011, 01:13 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: No. Just no.
Edits like these sure doesn't make you very popular here at tSR. For starters, the Extreme Gear doesn't match Goku's style, which you have clearly taken from someone else, who you didn't bother to mention either.
Also, the text isn't supposed to be the centre of attention in a sprite sheet. Font can be smaller (I actually use size 7 Verdana most of the time, if not 8)
If this were Sonic as a Sonic Rider in, let's say Sonic Battle/Advance style, it would have been a different story, though that also depends on the quality and effort put into it, but this is never going to be accepted, that's for sure.
And if this is your first time showing off your sprite work, go to the Sprite Discussion forum (as mentioned in the Forum Rules).

Sorry for roasting you to ashes here, but if I'm not the one to say this, someone else will.
Try to focus more on custom stuff. Using other sprites as a base is okay, but credit the person for the sprites you use elements of. When you do, post it in the Sprite Discussion for critique. It's the only way to make it here at tSR.

LOL Dude its FOR a flash Sonic Riders Game and yes it is my 1st post here I posted it to see how ppl can help me improve and it just being goku on an extreme gear is the POINT of it and I MADE ALL OF THOSE EXTREME GEAR MYSELF!! so dont come in here saying that i took the board sprites when i DIDNT. IT is supposed to be in sonic advance style I think i didnt explain correctly tho but chill next time ok im a beginner here and i learned somthin ok?

(08-03-2011, 02:11 PM)all-star75 Wrote:
(08-03-2011, 01:13 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: No. Just no.

LOL Dude its FOR a flash Sonic Riders Game and yes it is my 1st post here I posted it to see how ppl can help me improve and it just being goku on an extreme gear is the POINT of it and I MADE ALL OF THOSE EXTREME GEAR MYSELF!! so dont come in here saying that i took the board sprites when i DIDNT. IT is supposed to be in sonic advance style I think i didnt explain correctly tho but chill next time ok im a beginner here and i learned somthin ok?
besides how would i make a jus style board anyway???

Thanked by:
(08-03-2011, 02:11 PM)all-star75 Wrote: LOL Dude its FOR a flash Sonic Riders Game and yes it is my 1st post here I posted it to see how ppl can help me improve and it just being goku on an extreme gear is the POINT of it and I MADE ALL OF THOSE EXTREME GEAR MYSELF!! so dont come in here saying that i took the board sprites when i DIDNT. IT is supposed to be in sonic advance style I think i didnt explain correctly tho but chill next time ok im a beginner here and i learned somthin ok?
Point being, there's not a whole lot of gain from making those boards, anyway :F

Not to mention the fact that you've posted this in a very well-weeded custom sprite submission section; the sprite discussion forum was a few spaces down and that's where you're supposed to post the things you want critiqued~

This is going to get moved, anyway, so the critiques will roll in here soon enough : )
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
(08-03-2011, 02:11 PM)all-star75 Wrote: LOL Dude its FOR a flash Sonic Riders Game and yes it is my 1st post here I posted it to see how ppl can help me improve and it just being goku on an extreme gear is the POINT of it and I MADE ALL OF THOSE EXTREME GEAR MYSELF!! so dont come in here saying that i took the board sprites when i DIDNT. IT is supposed to be in sonic advance style I think i didnt explain correctly tho but chill next time ok im a beginner here and i learned somthin ok?
It was my point that the only thing you made was the board. I was unaware of the Flash game, though there are millions of fangames on the internet, only a few of which are decent IMO.
I could make a Sonic fan character for a Sonic fangame (I did, actually), which is perfectly fine. However, just because it has use in my fangame doesn't mean someone even thinks of wanting to use it for a comic or game of his or her own, hence I don't do it. This is to back-up oB2Kojjiro Mario's post.
My feedback on the board: it's flat. There's a lot that needs to be improved, I'll leave it to the experts to go into detail. Try shading it, apply some anti-aliasing and get a better green, cyan and yellow, since the ones I'm looking at right now is giving me a headache. And try to let the fire look like fire. Search for fire sprites similar to the ones you're looking for (don't copy-pasta), study it and see how you can make a flame. It's not too hard and anything's better than a cyan, solid triangle.

Thanked by:
Kinda like this??? [Image: boardcomparison.png] Sorry im a noob at this im really good at drawing on paper and im just starting with sprite edits btw wat fire? u mean the stream of light that emits from the back of the boards??????
Thanked by:
Sorry bro, but it just isn't looking good. Your color selection is using only one shade, and then changing the luminosity of said shade. The colors are also way too saturated. I love DBZ as much as the next guy, but you're going to have to consider using colors that match the style of the sprite. One pixel thick bevels don't do justice to a board, try 2 or 3 pixel bevels. Look up sprite effects for that stream of light, having it inversely pillow-shaded just looks bad. Sad

Style plays a big role in making good games, not just getting a bunch of sprites from a Sonic Battle and Dragon Ball Z - Buu's Fury and a bunch of badly made backgrounds by some custom artists in some Sonic Forum. Try to make things dedicated to one coherent style, and be careful with everything you do.

Also, try to type in complete sentences in forums, that's just the way we do it here. Big Grin
Thanked by:
Yes, I meant the light. See how hard, or even impossible, for me it is to identify the type of energy it emmits? The shading is an improvement, now you need some better colors. Pick sprites that fit the style you desire and have the colors you need and use the eyedropper tool. 99% of the times basic colors (pure red, green, blue, yellow, cyan and magenta) is taboo. It's not pleasant to look at.

Thanked by:
Ok.... Now i edited the Colors. Mag the light is supposed to look neon, besides it looks better zoomed out. Anyway Is this good? What other suggestions do you have for in the future? [Image: boardcomparison.png] Oh and Nick i ALWAYS use the eyedropper tool when i need to.
Thanked by:
this is faded to fail as long as you use distorted, poorly resized artwork.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
3D Modelling 
OMG Dont focus on how it looks RESIZED just focus on The shading DID I SHADE IT CORRECTLY? DID I USE Good Color Choice? What can i do to make it better? This Will get nowhere if u dont answer MY QUESTIONS. U guys arent focusing on my questions ITs not about the size right now its about how i can make this better i resized it so u could see the details that i add, and so u can SEE the Colors Differences etc...Understand????? I dont mean to flip out but could som1 plz just answer my dang questions? So far nicktendo has the best answers to my questions
Thanked by:
Are you using mspaint?

To resize things, don't use the selection/drag box.

Instead, select what you want to resize using the selection tool, then go to Image > Stretch/Skew.
Then set the Vertical and Horizontal percentage boxes to how big you want the sprite to be resized.
(For example, setting both to 200 makes your sprite twice as big, 300 three times, 400 four times, etc.)
(To make something smaller again, go down in increments of 25, 50, or 75 percent.)

As far as colors, you need contrast. Better advice would be to use the colors from goku himself to color the board.
And stop working on a white background. Use a nice, non-eye burning color such as a dark blue or dark green that contrasts well with your sprite.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Lol TY!!! this guy should be an admin he knows wat hes talkin about. Ps i did use colors from goku on the board on the "After" PicBig Grin
Lock PLz
Thanked by:
Shouldn't the board be flat? The way it's shaded, it looks like a pencil cut in half.
Thanked by:
(08-03-2011, 06:40 PM)all-star75 Wrote: Lock PLz
Okay.
Thanked by: