Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Norway Attacks
Seventy six people in total have been killed in twin terror attacks in Norway.

A car bomb in Oslo detonated at 15:26 last Friday next to some government buildings, killing at least eight and wounding dozens more. It shattered the windows of the Norwegian PM's offices, and damaged the Oil and Energy departments.

At 16:57 a gunman (Mr Anders Breivik) disguised as a policeman arrived on the island of Utoeya. Gunshots were reported at 17:26 at a youth camp, which is run by the ruling Labour Party.
The SWAT team arrived at the island an hour after the report. The killer surrendered minutes later.
Mr Breivik had killed at least 68 people during his shooting spree.

Today, Mr Breivik appeared in court for his hearing, behind closed doors.
Read more here on BBC News's article on Breivik's appearance in court

[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
The death tole is actually 90+ at the moment. There are still a few people missing so the exact number is not confirmed.

The guy kept a blog while he was planning the attacks, documenting all of his plans.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=...9-j0&pli=1

It makes me feel sick, i hope he spends the rest of his life in prison.

Norway is such a peaceful, laid back country. I can only hope the best for all the family and friends of those lost in these horrible attacks.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
I'm glad Sengir and Adam weren't in the area... Sad
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
This is such a sick event, it shocks me how twisted some people are.

The worst part about this is that in Norway, the maximum sentence anyone can receive is 21 years in prison. Over 90 innocent people were cruelly murdered for no just reason whatsoever, and this psychopath will walk out of prison at the age of 52-53.
[Image: 15n4y7s.png]
Thanked by:
(07-25-2011, 01:10 PM)Sephy3100 Wrote: The worst part about this is that in Norway, the maximum sentence anyone can receive is 21 years in prison.

You can be imprisoned for longer if you are considered a danger to the public. And I'm pretty sure this guy is. Even if he did get out in 21 years, He'd be under such close watch he could never plan another attack, and his life would probably be worse than it was in jail with the whole of the country hating him.
this is a sig

(07-25-2011, 01:24 PM)Woppet* Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 01:10 PM)Sephy3100 Wrote: The worst part about this is that in Norway, the maximum sentence anyone can receive is 21 years in prison.

You can be imprisoned for longer if you are considered a danger to the public. And I'm pretty sure this guy is. Even if he did get out in 21 years, He'd be under such close watch he could never plan another attack, and his life would probably be worse than it was in jail with the whole of the country hating him.

Well that's good to hear. And I suppose I can trust Norway to keep a better watch on him than America watches their criminals. I mean, SOMEHOW we let a known sexual predator keep a child kidnapped for 18 years when the police visited the house 60 times.

I hope they somehow keep him locked up for life though. Regardless of how closely they watch him, Norway (and any country) doesn't need people like this man mixed in with the public.
[Image: 15n4y7s.png]
Thanked by:
gee it sure is quiet in this topic

(07-25-2011, 12:47 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: At 16:57 a gunman (Mr Anders Breivik) disguised as a policeman arrived on the island of Utoeya. Gunshots were reported at 17:26 at a youth camp, which is run by the ruling Labour Party.
The SWAT team arrived at the island an hour after the report. The killer surrendered minutes later.

just out of curiosity, how did anyone not manage to fight back, you'd think a man dressed as a policeman shooting civilians wouldn't be worth stabbing with like

a pencil or a tent pole or something to save dozens more
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
its called panic and confusion agaisnt an automatic rifle, kosheh.
(07-25-2011, 01:47 PM)Kosheh Wrote: gee it sure is quiet in this topic

(07-25-2011, 12:47 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: At 16:57 a gunman (Mr Anders Breivik) disguised as a policeman arrived on the island of Utoeya. Gunshots were reported at 17:26 at a youth camp, which is run by the ruling Labour Party.

just out of curiosity, how did anyone not manage to fight back, you'd think a man dressed as a policeman shooting civilians wouldn't be worth stabbing with like

a pencil or a tent pole or something to save dozens more
How do you get within stabbing range of a man firing rapidly in all directions?
this is a sig

Thanked by: Garamonde
The number of deaths on Utoeya (Utøya) has been reduced from 85 to 64.

I live in norway so, yeah i know a lot about it, none of my friends or relatives are conneted to the incident though.
[Image: BannerMain.gif][Image: A9p8V.png][Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by:
Apparently Breivik owned a farm, which enabled him to procure the chemicals necessary for the bomb without arousing suspicion.
He was also a member of a shooting club, which means he had the ability to wield firearms.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
(07-25-2011, 01:07 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I'm glad Sengir and Adam weren't in the area... Sad
You should be glad nobody was in the area.
Luckily none of my friends were hurt, but I really feel sorry for those Norwegians that were. I read this at NRK.no when there were only 2 people confirmed dead. NRK has a lot of info on this if you can read Norwegian.

1 in 2 Norwegians are unhappy about the immigration laws, guess this guy took it to an extreme. Arbeiderpartiet (Mostly liberal but not as much as the American Democratics) is pretty disagreeable about immigration but damn, don't go killing people, especially the children! I myself have been wavering between Fremskrittspartiet (somewhat kinda sorta semi-Republican-ish but considered "far right-wing" either way) and Kristelig Folkepartiet (Republicans with much better policies than their US counterparts).

Also LOL at people turning this into a religion thing, one police officer makes a snide "he's probably one of those christian fundamentalists" comment and BOOM everywhere. NRK didn't even mention the Christian thing until the rest of the world made a big huff about it.

Funny how once news leaves the country it gets twisted from Fremskrittspartiet vs. Arbeiderpartiet to whatever tickles peoples' fancy.
(07-25-2011, 02:31 PM)Sengir Wrote: Also LOL at people turning this into a religion thing, one police officer makes a snide "he's probably one of those christian fundamentalists" comment and BOOM everywhere. NRK didn't even mention the Christian thing until the rest of the world made a big huff about it.

Except for all the mentions of wanting to revive Christendom in his manifesto, I guess;
http://www.slideshare.net/darkandgreen/2...ew-berwick
(Andrew Berwick's been confirmed to be him; it's an Anglicisation of his name)

It'd be ridiculous to blame Christianity for his actions, but it's equally ridiculous to pretend that he didn't personally justify his actions based on his religious conviction. It's right there in the manifesto. It's in there a lot.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
I can't say I know too much on the issue but I feel a great sorrow for the lives lost.

Thanked by: Garamonde, Devicho