Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Games you like that everyone hates
The world not seeing what you see? You think that is a great game but everyone is like: "GTFO"

Well here there is no hate. Time to talk about those games you liked that everyone hated.

I'll start by saying Star Fox Adventures was beautiful and fun game.

Thanked by:
YOSH! Omegajak here everyone! You know what game I love that everyone hates now but everyone use to love? Final Fantasy VII.

Also, Silhouette Mirage.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by: Shawn
Sonic 3D Blast.

What the hell, everyone? Very Sad
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
style savvy

ohhhhhhhhhh yeah B)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
sim city creator on the DS.
Thanked by: StarSock64
Didn't we have a topic like this already, Guilty Gaming Pleasures or something to that effect? I suppose that was probably awhile ago.

Kingdom Hearts: The plot and titles get more ridiculous with every game, but the gameplay and how they change it up with basically every title is very enjoyable. Also playing through your favorite Disney IPs is really great. I wish Nomura would stop playing favorites with the Final Fantasy characters, though. FF VI/XII characters and Gilgamesh boss battle, tia.

Animal Crossing: Enjoyable in a "why is this fun oh wait it's because I'm addicted to collecting things" kind of way. Don't really like the "rolling world" terrain style of the newer titles, but I guess you can't really see the sky otherwise. The 3DS entry looks pretty nice.

The problem with Animal Crossing games is that they don't really keep you interested for long periods of time, which works against the fact that things like certain bugs or fish can only be caught certain times of year. In some cases you could stop playing the game for just a month, miss a bug or fish, and have to wait an entire year in real life (if you're playing by the rules) before you have another chance at it. Except that you'll get bored of it by then yet again, and forget that your only chance is that one month, again.

Not to mention the fact that the game punishes you for not playing it. That's really going to draw me into playing again, Animal Crossing, pulling a ton of weeds, having all my flowers die, and having my villagers move away.

A good way to work around the second point would be some sort of vacation system, especially considering you apparently act as mayor in the 3DS title. Say you can choose between maybe, a week, a month, or 3 months of vacation by picking up your phone and contacting a travel agency. Your villagers are notified of your absence and prepare to take care of the town while you're gone, leaving you free to take a break from the game without it kicking your ass later. If you load your file before or at the end of the vacation, you return to find your town looking like it did when you left, as well as bringing back some souvenir items from your "trip." (Perhaps you get more items the closer to the end you wait?) Wait any later and your town begins to deteriorate from that point on, like in the old games, and you also don't get any fancy items when you get back! Or maybe just hire a damn gardener, I don't know.

Just an idea. I really hate pulling weeds, can't you tell? Haha.
Wait, people hate Animal Crossing?

I liked Yoshi's Island DS. People seem to hate it because it doesn't live up to the first Yoshi's Island game. I find that to be a silly reason to hate it.

Super Paper Mario is hated for not being a traditional Paper Mario RPG game. I still enjoy its clever humor and interesting idea of jumping between dimensions.

Thanked by: Garamonde
I don't remember seeing a lot of hate for Yoshi's Island DS. I've seen complaints that the graphic and music aren't as nice as in the original, which I have to agree with, but overall I found the game to be fun.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
(07-25-2011, 02:43 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Wait, people hate Animal Crossing?

I liked Yoshi's Island DS. People seem to hate it because it doesn't live up to the first Yoshi's Island game. I find that to be a silly reason to hate it.

Super Paper Mario is hated for not being a traditional Paper Mario RPG game. I still enjoy its clever humor and interesting idea of jumping between dimensions.

This, this, this.

Seriously? I've played AC:CF for two years now and am still playing it. My cousin got the game when his best friend sent it to him and he played it for what, 2 to 3 days? Then just stopped! He now has the game all to himself (I got my own) and he's got a town and hasn't played it for a year or almost that long. I get the feeling he doesn't care about the game enough.

Super Paper Mario haters get off, because the game was absolutely brilliant and an amazing way to end an amazing RPG mini series.

YIDS, I own it so haters go away. It's a terrific sequel and seriously you know how hard it is to beat the originals for games like that?

Finally, Bomberman Jetters. GTHO because it is attached very tightly to my heart and soul and being the biggest Jetters fan will get rather angered if it's insulted and you do not know a funny and fun game when you see one. Wink

(I WILL admit that I'm not that fond of Mighty's voice however, they made him sound like a trucker. XD They could have done better with it and make it softer and dreamier like MAX's especially considering they both had the same voice actor like it was in the anime. Watch a bit of the first part of episode 1 or find a battle mode video of the JP version game with him in it and you'll see how lovely his voice is... ♥)
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
touhou
funny how it has a huge fanbase yet most people i talk to don't like it

Thanked by:
I've been trying to think
and it's hard to find one that is considered "hated"
I think I just have excellent taste in games.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
Sonic '06; I still think it was a fun game, glitchy but fun.
Thanked by: Garamonde
I don't really mind if someone hates a game I like.
No sense getting all worked up about it.

Naruto Fighting Games - generally hated esp. in the fighting game community, but I enjoy them and can play them for hours alone

Dragon Ball: Evolution (PSP) - the movie sucked, tho
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
And also Sonic Chronicles.

WTH is wrong with you peoples. IT WAS A FUN GAME WITH COOL MUSIC.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-25-2011, 10:11 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: And also Sonic Chronicles.

WTH is wrong with you peoples. IT WAS A FUN GAME WITH COOL MUSIC.

considering your taste is screwed from now on.
Thanked by: DioShiba