Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Street Fighter X tekken.
Really hype for this game right now.
I am going to be lazy and not post the cast becuase I am sure that you guys know who they are already. I will however post some info on the mechanics of the game.

Remember Variable cross from MvC1?

Well, this game has that too!
It allows both of your opponents on the stage at once, rather than controlling them at the same time like MvC1, you switch between them willingly.
With practice, this can spawn some good shit. I hope it stays

This game uses a juggle system, much like Tekken. The control scheme remains the same. It mimics the chain system of Darkstalkers. I'd say the combo system is a mix of darkstalkers, Tekken tag tournament, and 3rd strike, with a bit of it's own flavor.

I am pretty sure that it is confirmed that all of the cast gets one super.

I know the Futa fans will enjoy this. Poison is in this game as well. ( I still fucking hate the idea.)

Here is the trailer from yesterday, giving our favorite brawlers some of the most badass entrances in gaming history.

The suggested teams in the trailer look great. Do you know if there are more characters than the ones shown in both trailers?
I'm starting to get pretty excited for a Blanka/Zangief team!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Oh man this game. It looks wonderful and pretty excited.

Engine looks and sounds excellent too.
[Image: megartron.jpg]
Very unlikely Optimus, as I am infused with their very MIGHT!
Thanked by:
they've shown about 23 characters or so and they have said "we plan to have 40" so there are definitely more characters to show than this
glad to see some alpha characters (even though they've already been in 4), until comic con rolled around i'm p. sure every character confirmed for the street fighter side was an ST vet (except abel), now we have a totally brand new character (from Final Fight) and a returning 3rd Strike character who wasn't in 4 (this was something I was personally hoping for!! and hugo specifically owns)

chain combos in a game that doesn't have crazy superjumping airdash silliness is probably going to feel weird to me but i guess i could just ask vampire savior fans what it feels like
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
(07-22-2011, 03:21 PM)DrSlouch Wrote: they've shown about 23 characters or so and they have said "we plan to have 40" so there are definitely more characters to show than this
glad to see some alpha characters (even though they've already been in 4), until comic con rolled around i'm p. sure every character confirmed for the street fighter side was an ST vet (except abel), now we have a totally brand new character (from Final Fight) and a returning 3rd Strike character who wasn't in 4 (this was something I was personally hoping for!! and hugo specifically owns)

chain combos in a game that doesn't have crazy superjumping airdash silliness is probably going to feel weird to me but i guess i could just ask vampire savior fans what it feels like
Or play Tekken/KOF.
Thanked by:
This is topic/game needs more black shoto. Shawn for SFxT
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
(07-22-2011, 12:01 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: The suggested teams in the trailer look great. Do you know if there are more characters than the ones shown in both trailers?
I'm starting to get pretty excited for a Blanka/Zangief team!

It has been specuated that Lili, Asuka, and Raven are to appear at some point. There are also little hints in the cinimatic trailer. The shadowloo symbol somewhat confirms bison.

(07-22-2011, 06:04 PM)Omegajak Wrote: This is topic/game needs more black shoto. Shawn for SFxT

he's not even black or named shawn
Thanked by: Alpha Six
(07-22-2011, 03:21 PM)DrSlouch Wrote: they've shown about 23 characters or so and they have said "we plan to have 40" so there are definitely more characters to show than this

That's a relief, thanks for clarifying! Smile
Hugo VS Haggar FFFFFFF I think I'm saving up for this

Edit: I didn't mean Yoshimitsu, I meant Jack-5. I then looked him up and was massively disappointed at how useless he looked.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
I think Jun has a better chance of appearing than Asuka does. x:
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
God, everyone's sweating up a storm in that trailer apparently.
(07-22-2011, 09:54 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: God, everyone's sweating up a storm in that trailer apparently.

it's the art direction. remember how in Street Fighter IV everyone was sweating black ink and how in Super Street Fighter IV everyone was sweating crosshatched lines
It's a joke.

I still don't like the looks of this game, but the trailer was quite nice. THIS IS MY TOWN
Thanked by:
(07-22-2011, 10:20 PM)Untitled Wrote: It's a joke.

and I was being extremely literal?
Thanked by:
(07-22-2011, 10:12 PM)Rökkan Wrote:
(07-22-2011, 09:54 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: God, everyone's sweating up a storm in that trailer apparently.

it's the art direction. remember how in Street Fighter IV everyone was sweating black ink and how in Super Street Fighter IV everyone was sweating crosshatched lines
(07-22-2011, 10:35 PM)Rökkan Wrote:
(07-22-2011, 10:20 PM)Untitled Wrote: It's a joke.

and I was being extremely literal?

i'd die right now if they actually drew the sweat as little storm clouds