Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Anime Thread
so yeah what animes are you watching/watched/are coming out and you would like to discuss

Thanked by:
ugh dad they're not "chinese cartoons" they're ANIME and they come from japan duh

watching the One Piece episodes I missed
Sometime a couple years back I had watched MegaMan NT Warrior and MegaMan Axess all the way through and was planning on continuing with Stream next but I haven't gotten to it yet...
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Kaiji Season 2 ugh

And Brotherhood. I like the opening themes. And the animation.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
Kaiji S2 and Tiger and Bunny. I already read the manga version of Kaiji so I'm just seeing if the episodes are matching my predictions in terms of pacing (also SNAKE EYES) Tongue As for Tiger and Bunny, there should be a new episode soon~
Thanked by:
Aww dude no new episodes?
I seriously cringed at Kaiji episode where
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
oh god me too s2 lacked that "OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK" feeling s1 had but then it brought it back

Thanked by: LeleleleMAXIMUM
new tiger and bunny ep Sad
Thanked by:
oh my fucking god 4kids I fucking hate you so much

what you did to one piece is the definition of sin

I didn't remeber it being THIS GODDAMN BAD ITS ABOMINATION

Sanji's voice is the worst thing ever, you know how to make Nico Robin not sexy? give her that goddamn terrible Southern Belle voice shit jesus fucking christ... thats the opposite of what she should sound like. Thank god for Funimation, she sounds PERFECT now and nobody is spouting ear raping feces out of their mouth.

and most importantly 4kids... THIS SHOW IS NOT FOR KIDS. It can be but when you skip like 4 arcs and censor out EVERYTHING every ten seconds isn't it obvious that its not meant to be

haha smoking a lollipop thats one for the books though
Thanked by:
I never watched One Piece a lot in general, but when 4kids was doing it I noticed two things that were hilariously bad censored things:

One early episode had a guy pointing a gun at another guy's head, but it was censored to be some sort of elaborate pulley-system gun fixed to hit the guy on the head with a hammer. First of all, they didn't change the gun in far shots, so it still looked like a regular gun, and second I think a devastating blow to the head COULD be just as graphic as a headshot from a gun if it hits them hard enough.

The second was when Luffy was fighting that gold-armored guy (was his name Don Krieg?). He had a gun in his shield or something that shot bullets, and they clearly were bullets in a lot of shots, that is until Luffy got hit. They poorly edited the bullet he pulled out of his arm to be a suction cup covered in purple stuff, and added exposition between the minor characters watching about "poisoned suction cups".
Thanked by: Helmo, BlasterZX, kyletempest

just a small example of how disgusting censorship is

dynomight to swords? real guns to water guns and popguns? character swaps and removals (even important chars and scenes)? and the classic alcohol to orange juice

THEY REMOVED ACE BECAUSE HE HAD A TATTOO

Boobs firearms explosives and ESPECIALLY riceballs are just too much for kids to handle

why riceballs? is it too much of a chore to teach kids the difference between riceballs, doughnuts, and hamburgers?

these changes should be illegal
wasnt luffy covered in blood really important part in the fight against the sand guy

Thanked by: RiotTheBanana, SirSonic
yeah when he ran out of water he used some of his blood to solidify crocodile

I wish more people watched/read it it's my favorite manga of all time as well as the best selling manga of all time in Japan and one of the best sellers world wide.
Thanked by:
I just wish it wasn't soooooo fucking long. People joke about the various Dragonball series being collectively long, I think One Piece is well beyond that and still going! (If I'm wrong correct me, but I think it's something like that).
Thanked by: RiotTheBanana
One Piece has been going since 1997

but unlike DragonBall it didn't turn into a new garbage series that ruined all the good things about the original
and it all flows together perfectly, it dosen't feel long at all and just keeps getting better and better

it even feels too short

Thanked by: SirSonic