Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
OLD THREAD ---- [In Development] tSR-Furious: The Spriters Destroy the Earth~
A long, long time a go, in a galaxy far far away, the very fabric of a small world began to rapidly unravel. Four knights, Kat, Kosheh, Grooveman, and Dex frantically tried to cease the World War that had engulfed the nations of the world tSRopia. However, one of the knights, Dex, was unmercifully slain as he tried to quiet the violent hearts of tSRopia's warriors. Angered at the loss of one of his appointed knights, a massive light erupted from the sky as Dazz, the creator of this universe, descended to the world of tSRopia. He began to destroy his creations, weeping as he attempted to purify his evil engulfed world. However, he decided to spare the worlds greatest fighters. He planned on creating a new world, a resourceful based upon video games. Ultimately, he was unsatisfied with himself as well, and decided he would no longer rule as the most supreme being of the universe. Dazz decided to host a tournament to determine his successor. To make the tournament more entertaining, he embedded the contestants with the powers of the greatest fighters of Video Game history, so the mighty god Dazz would not become bored to a basic, monotonous fighting tournament. Dazz soon left in a chariot of fire, and the fighters prepared for the most important tournament in the history of tSRopia.

~*Confirmed Features*~

*Basically the characters will parody fighting styles from past fighting games, i.e. Vipersnarf parodying Ryu from Streetfighter.
*There are two basic attack buttons:a punch and kick button. Pressing an arrow key, such as a forward or backward arrow key will do a stronger punch/kick, or an evasive maneuver.
*Includes a single player arcade mode, and a multiplayer mode
gors' explanation about backpedalling Wrote:You can backpedal attacks by pressing forward the exact moment an attack connects, cancelling it completely.
*Daigo mode: whenever your health falls below a certain level, you will enter Daigo Mode. By pressing a certain button, you will unleash an attack that will either deal massive damage to the opponent, or will miss and cause you to lose the rest of your health. The rates/damage for each Daigo mode attack vary for each character. Daigo moves that are more likely to hit will do less damage, but the characters with a more damaging Daigo move will miss at a more likely rate.
gors' original explanation of daigo mode Wrote:I still don't know if we'll implement a GOGNIO (special) bar, but if we do, you can access Daigo mode whenever you have a full bar. It is accesed with an extremely hard button combination, and if done right, your character will blink white for 10 seconds. In this state, you cannot get any damage and any attack thrown to you will be backpedalled automatically. Your only attack in this mode is a one-use-only devastating attack that depletes almost all the opponent's HP, but if you miss it, you lose HP instead, leaving you with 1HP.
*Pixality: I honestly dont believe Ill have to explain this one. Dont expect it to be really gory or anything, this is basically just a flashy move that will add a little salt into the loser's wounds. It will basically cause your opponent to explode into a mass of pixels~

Pixality System:

*Helpers: A little item will randomly spawn throughout the match that will cause a helper to appear to attack another player. Think Smash Bros Brawl
*Specials: Each player has 3 specials. Many of the specials can be used in the air and will have a difference than if they were used on the ground.
*Players will also have sounds~
* Character select screen will feature various attributes and whatever game/fighter's fighting style they parody/use
*Small biographical section of the fighters (think original Smash Brothers)
Probably more to add that I forgot about

~*Unconfirmed Features*~
*Rainbow Mode
gors' explanation about Rainbow Mode Wrote:basically a joke version of the same game with broken as hell gameplay, such as extreme speed, homing fireballs, changing characters mid-fight and other shenanigans.
*Online Multiplayer
*A form of a rivalry mode. Some characters will do more damage to eachother if they have a sort of a rivalry (such as if Koopaul and Zeemort were to fight eachother,(not saying Koopaul is a confirmed character yet or anything, the roster so far is the five Gorsal is starting on, those two were the first to come to mind whenever I thought of a argument happening on tSR) they would each do more damage to eachother.) Im not sure how I could do this tbh, it may be a to where only one character has the advantage, and each player has an advantage over another character and form a giant loop, or perhaps it applies to the damage done by helpers. Not too sure yet, just a thought.
gors' idea about the 'rivalry' mode Wrote:I think this could be funnier if each character has a predefined parameter or something (FIRE, WATER, ROCK etc) kinda like Pokémon. But that doesn't sound that fair, so I don't look forward to this that much...

OTHER STUFF [by gors]:

some bonus points are calculated as follows:

*SECOND ATTACK- given to the player who makes the second sucessful attack. 1000 pts
*WELP- combo between 3~5 hits. Number of hits multiplied by 100 (300, 400, 500 pts)
*NICE- combo between 6~8 hits. Number of hits multiplied by 200 (1200, 1400, 1600 pts)
*HE7 BAB7- combo between 9~13 hits. Number of hits multiplied by 300 (2700, 3000, 3300, 3600, 3900 pts)
*POSTING FREAK- 14~over hits. Number of hits multiplied by 350 (4900~etc)

*BACKPEDAL- the first sucessful backpedal adds 100 pts to the score, and each subsequent sucessful backpedals are multiplied by 2 in an exponential fashion. The multipliers are reset when the player takes damage. The formula for backpedal scoring goes as follows:

Code:
                       (n-1)
BACKPEDAL SCORE=100 x 2

where n is the number of sucessful backpedals in a row.

basically, that means 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600...

[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
WHAT

NOOO FUCK

WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS THREAD

YOU SPOILED MY SECRET PROJECT :C

I've been working on this since the sprites I made in the love topic so I could show to you later, and had played several fighting games to get inspirations (yeah, that 'suggest me a fighting game' thread was exactly for this) and that misterious topic I did weeks ago (the 'first four replies will get a nice surprise') :C

[Image: 8bqRm.png]
sorry Gillian but I couldn't find you a moveset, this is why you aren't sprited yet Sad; I'll be spriting you soon

welp
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Shocked YOU DIDN'T ABANDON IT AFTER ALL!!

GORS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

Uh, do I have to be in a dress? Shy
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I can't see the video because of some stupid music copyright stuff :[

Also yes you do, Mighty.
Thanked by:
I like this sprite style it's cute! ^^

Also Gors you're de-pixellating in that one sprite. Tongue
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
My lord Gors, I now have some massive motivation to not let this go unfinished.

Previous, do you live in Germany? According to copyright notice I was given, that's the only country it should be blocked in. I'll post another, musicless one after I get off of work today.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-12-2011, 09:03 AM)robo9 Wrote: Previous, do you live in Germany?
Yes I do (hence that flag under my user information) and yes we do get that a lot (the GEMA is quite strict -.-)
Thanked by:
The Spriters Resource more like

the Fighters Resource
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

unironically that's the sprite sheet's name
Looks promising!

Those sprites are gorgeous btw. *-*
Thanked by:
The game will need cheap fighting game style bosses. Cool
Thanked by:
Maan, wish I could get in on this, but whatever.

This looks damn promising, I'm keeping tabs on this thread.
Thanked by:
(07-12-2011, 09:12 PM)Sol Wrote: Looks promising!

Those sprites are gorgeous btw. *-*

Thanks Sol c:

update on some huds/misc and helpers.

I intended to have small helpers in this game as a way to add more content

[Image: 7c4b9.png]

[Image: Qhhcr.png]
(07-12-2011, 04:32 PM)Gors Wrote: unironically that's the sprite sheet's name

I was really hoping it wasn't
because I thought I was being witty there :C

and yes I adore that style and I would love to see all of that in action :>
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
[Image: v3BiO.png]