Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mag's Perfect Chaos
Wink 
Alain Galvan's Pixel Art Archive
Last Updated: July 1, 2014
I focus of extreme and careful detail and really big sprites. All my sprites are done with Photoshop, Game Maker Studio, and a collection of pixel art shaders I've made.
[ DeviantART ] [ PixelJoint ] [ Twitch Stream ]

[Image: perfectchaospreview2.gif][Image: darksoulspreview.gif][Image: treesicon.png][Image: magavi__r181891211.png]
Thanked by: Proton, Garamonde, Gwen, Phaze, Shade
looks great.
i'm surprised you like that editor, i preferred its previous versions, so i'm impressed you managed to do that with it!
i think there are still some places that could do with highlights, because the lighter parts of the sprite seem rather flat to me.
i also think you can still make it more plant-like: the base is fat, and i think it could do with some definition, something you can work on by splitting the mass up into more branches, or adding leaves, etc.

i'll be checking out for more!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Marth, Mag
(07-09-2011, 06:03 AM)Mag Wrote: Hello everyone. I used to be part of this community back when the forum was called Pixeltendo. I know there are a whole bunch of cool people in here, new faces, great and experienced artists of all trades, so I came back. I don't want to waste too much of your time reading this, because I'm sure your eyes are demanding some sprites, so I'll give you a sprite, not a bunch of them, but every so often so I don't overwhelm you guys and make you all too impatient to comment. Cute

Here's the first one I would like to share with you all, a piece I'd like to call "Living Flora". I originally intended this to be for a game I was developing, but as time went on, I lost interest in the game and went on developing other stuff. I since redid the sprite, to what you see now. I intend to use it however, in an upcoming remake of an RPG I've been working on called Guardian. (It's basically a game inspired by Digimon World 1 and Ragnarok Online.)

[Image: LivingFlora2.png]

I made this using Game Maker 8.1's sprite editor. I'm more used to playing around with the Vista version of MS Paint, but I've fallen in love with this editor, and it's ability to do way more while maintaining a very easy to use interface that focuses on the sprite. What's your preference? Big Grin

Oh my goodness :o... I love it. Looks really.. professional.
Thanked by: Mag
i dunno if i said this on devart or not but i love this! Big Grin
[Image: o6fg53.png][Image: 2ufwr9u.jpg][Image: fnfhg5.png]
Note to self, don't post on really old topics on here.
[Image: 6q9xn8.jpg]
Woah, thanks guys! I really appreciate everything you guys said! Big Grin

I'm still not done with what Chris2balls said, but he was on the money with what he said, the bottom needs some new limbs. I don't exactly agree with what he said about the leaves though, but the limbs and highlights need some more action! Big Grin

I don't normally like to post without some new sprites, but I just wanted to let you guys know that. ;D
Thanked by:
[Image: dualos_by_agcreate-d4ccofm.png]

It's been a while since I've managed to get some new content out on the wild. It just seems like everything wants to take all of your time, so you can never dedicate it to what you love to do. Sad

I made this creature thing, that's half ice and half lava. I hope you like. Cute

Let me know what you think, and leave some CC in the comments below.
Thanked by: LegostormJ
That looks awesome! It looks like a realistic take on something you'd find in the Mother series. (Specifically it reminds me of this enemy: http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_adv...heet/14557 Tongue) The lava part doesn't look like lava, though, the brown makes it look like earth/dirt. You should use more vivid reds and yellows.
Thanked by:
Also, being magma, the red pigment should be reflected by the ice cristals.

keep up the good work!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Man, it's been forever. xD

[Image: chaos_zero_sprite_tutorial_by_alaingalvan-d5lfjj4.gif]

Well, I'm starting my next sprite series on Chaos. Here's the first Chaos, Chaos Zero. Cute

Here I also show how I sprited this. Generally I go by this workflow:

1 - Silhouette of sprite's general design.

2 - Color selection and general shading.

3 - Precise detailing.

4 - Anti-aliasing and adaptive dithering.

5 - post-processing and color correction.

Next I'll releasing this massive 960x640 (wonder who inspired me to do that resolution) in game concept screenshot of Perfect Chaos fighting sonic, all done in super anti-aliased awesome HD.
Thanked by: Shade, Phaze
[Image: reborn_concept_screenshot_by_alaingalvan-d5nrddz.gif]

Working on a turn based tactical monster RPG for PC and mobile devices, here's a screenshot of it in game. Cute
Thanked by: Phaze
You may want to consider another grass tile so that it doesn't look so... well, tiled.
You can see the patters easily as it is.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Zadaben, Mag, Phaze, Garamonde, Gwen
You've got a point there. What I'll be doing is using much larger tiles for the grass to give it more variation, and work on some dirt and long grass to provide more variation. One thing that I'm really trying to avoid in this game is predictability when it comes to the tiles, as is evident with the rock cliff. I'll post an update when I've got a good thing going on. Cute

[Removed, check back later]

Holy crap this is taking me forever. Sad

Only got the head done. Still got to finish up the body. 16 colors.
Whoa. That's really neat. Keep it up!
its awesome! but I would say the dark edge around the head looks a bit out of place, water on the edges usually looks lighter due to the angle of the surface typically being in a better position to reflect specular light to the view, you've actually captured this quite well just the dark outline looks a bit odd.
why does it feels extremely overshaded, rather than detailed. the line of the teeth makes it look like a rather flat object since it doesnt follow the line of the jaw