Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Doing Let's Plays of Old Games.
I'm doing sprite-tastic let's plays of old games on youtube. Any suggestions of which games to play?

Here is my lineup.

July
King's Quest I
King's Quest II
King's Quest III
Quest for Glory

August
Quest for Glory II
The Mcarthy Chronicles
???

Any suggestions? Old games...pre N64
Thanked by:
dune 2, the battle for arrakis
Thanked by: Eagallowglass
Out of this World
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: Eagallowglass
Joy Mech Fight
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: Eagallowglass, Kriven
(07-08-2011, 11:15 AM)PortalGuru Wrote: Out of this World

Ooh I definateley need to do that one... and it's sequel if it's out there somewhere.
(07-08-2011, 11:31 AM)[robo9] Wrote: Joy Mech Fight

hmm i've never heard of that one
(07-08-2011, 10:53 AM)CO2 Wrote: dune 2, the battle for arrakis

oooh that's a good one. that's OLD oldschool
Thanked by:
Doom
Quake
Duke Nukem 3d

Thanked by:
why don't you do a let's play of a game you genuinely want to show other people, instead of games you think other people would watch

moreover, why don't you make sure your videos are worth watching (and they aren't) before you plan a big two month lineup
Thanked by: Asther, GrooveMan.exe
(07-08-2011, 01:01 PM)a babyass man Wrote: why don't you do a let's play of a game you genuinely want to show other people, instead of games you think other people would watch

moreover, why don't you make sure your videos are worth watching (and they aren't) before you plan a big two month lineup

Well I totally see what you're saying and I agree but I'm just taking suggestions and exploring ideas right now. No need for troll action bro. Just got started.

(07-08-2011, 12:57 PM)Skink Wrote: Doom
Quake
Duke Nukem 3d

Maybe doom but I'm terrible at old fps's
Thanked by:
Commander Keen

any of them
no, you know what.

All of them.
Jurassic park for the snes

Also the original ninja gaidens
All of them
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Zac
E.T. for the Atari.

Boss game, bro.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
The large font of your link entices me to click it
awww your voice is so much better than mine
edit: its kind of hard to hear though
Thanked by:
MOTHER
MOTHER 2 (otherwise known as Earthbound)
[Image: unf.png]
Grand Line Shore
Thanked by: Zac, megaMasquerain
actually, make a "lets play" of a game that doesnt have a "lets play"

so it would then work as a reference material rather than being some hipster bullshit to show people how obscure your gaming portfolio is.
Thanked by: megaMasquerain, Proton
(07-08-2011, 01:01 PM)a babyass man Wrote: why don't you do a let's play of a game you genuinely want to show other people, instead of games you think other people would watch

Basically this. I really really don't reccomend you do LPs blind. And if you insist on that; do them with someone you know who knows the game better; so when you start flagging, the pace can be kept. Not everyone's great at doing solo commentary, either.

Though for what it's worth, your AV seems to be perfectly fine; which is a level above most Youtube LPs. Now work on making your videos either funny or informative.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: