Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Robot Wars J
Well SRW J which was JP language only at first now has it's English version. The game is for GBA and I did some rippings of some of the sprites. Thing is, it's either finish, finished but might have missed some or in progress. I might need a little tutorial on how to make the category like those in tSR main site. Sorry if my ripping before was bad because I only know a few techniques of ripping.

Raftclans (Player) (Still in progress)
[Image: raftclanzspritesheet.png]

Vorlent(Enemy) (Finish but looking for in case I miss)
[Image: vorlen11.png]

Thanked by: AndrewArdena
Very nice rips. The sheets seem like they could be tightened up a little, there's a whole lot of empty space. For instance, on the second sheet, there is no reason the stance, damage, and shield sprites couldn't be in the same row, considering how few sprites each action has.
Thanked by: Yukimazan
(07-05-2011, 09:45 PM)Belial Wrote: Very nice rips. The sheets seem like they could be tightened up a little, there's a whole lot of empty space. For instance, on the second sheet, there is no reason the stance, damage, and shield sprites couldn't be in the same row, considering how few sprites each action has.
I suppose so. For the first one, I thought of reserving some space for some of the sprites I haven't ripped. But I kinda agree with you. I should make it close together a bit. For the second one you got a point. I'll fix it when I have time. Thanks for the tip. Smile
Thanked by:
Small sprite sheet update here.

Complete but need some checkings:
Vorlent(Enemy, first post of the topic)

In Progress:
Bellzelute
[Image: bellze10.png]
Raftclans(Player, first post of the topic)

Coming soon:
Aegis Gundam
Thanked by: AndrewArdena
VBA has a tool called OAM viewer. It lets you view all sprites on the screen individually. This can be used to get sprites that are hidden beneath effects and other things, so you won't need to try to rtedraw the sprite on top of it. Its best to be as accurate as possible when ripping.
That sheet is very nice looking though. The colored background looks better than the plain white one and the distance between the sprites is much better. Good work. Can't wait to see more of your stuff.
Thanked by: Yukimazan, Garamonde, Gaia
(07-07-2011, 10:32 PM)Belial Wrote: VBA has a tool called OAM viewer. It lets you view all sprites on the screen individually. This can be used to get sprites that are hidden beneath effects and other things, so you won't need to try to rtedraw the sprite on top of it. Its best to be as accurate as possible when ripping.
That sheet is very nice looking though. The colored background looks better than the plain white one and the distance between the sprites is much better. Good work. Can't wait to see more of your stuff.
OAM viewer huh? That sounds like the right thing I need for my ripping since most of the sprites have effects behind or front of them.

Thanks for the compliment and the tips dude. Big Grin You really are a helper indeed. And yeah, you will see a whole lot of sprites in this game.
Thanked by:
Update: Bellzelute Sprite Sheet is complete. Gonna submit this for tSR. Yahoo! Big Grin

http://imageshack.us/f/713/bellzelutespritesheet.png/

Complete but need some checkings:
Vorlent(Enemy, first post of the topic)
Raftclans(Player, first post of the topic)

Now doing:
Aegis Gundam

Coming soon: Not sure yet but just wait my friend. Wink
Thanked by: Perseus
Excellent work Yuki. Wink
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
(07-09-2011, 05:11 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Excellent work Yuki. Wink

Y' know, that's exactly what I was thinking Tongue
Thanked by: Yukimazan, Garamonde
Thanks! Smile

(07-09-2011, 05:13 PM)Perseus Wrote:

Y' know, that's exactly what I was thinking Tongue

Well, like I said to him, thank you! Big Grin

I'm a her. Tongue
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
(07-09-2011, 05:24 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I'm a her. Tongue
Oh, my apologies. Didn't know you're a female. XD
Thanked by: Garamonde
Yuki, I already ripped Laftklanz/Raftclanz other than the effects.

You can do the enemy variants though as some of them have different sprites and motions for their attacks.

Here:
Raftclanz (Protagonist)

(07-10-2011, 06:17 AM)Ryan914 Wrote: Yuki, I already ripped Laftklanz/Raftclanz other than the effects.

You can do the enemy variants though as some of them have different sprites and motions for their attacks.

Here:
Raftclanz (Protagonist)
Woah! Looks like now I can focus on the others right away. Smile

And well, the difference I can find with the player and the enemy is the Orgone Rifle. Ja-Mu and Al-van's one are like up and down but I'm busy with the others anyway.
Thanked by:
Thanks to Belial for telling me about the OAM viewer, I manage to add the sabers for the Aegis. Big Grin It's still in progress so stay tune!

In progress: Aegis Gundam
[Image: aegis.png]
Thanked by: AndrewArdena, Belial