Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Game Anticipation Thread
You know that feel when you see a game that looks amazing but you aren't sure everyone else knows about it? This thread is to do so (also to help show some games that would most likely never get a topic)

What games are you currently looking forward to? Post trailers, pics, news links, etc.

I'm currently looking forward to Dragon's Crown from Vanilliaware, for PS3/PSVita, won't be out til next year.

Spiritual sucessor of Golden Axe and Dungeons and Dragons sidescrollers?

FUCK YES.

Awaiting 50 post thanks.
this is a sig

Excuse the crappy MIDI music. There's no trailers out there for this game yet, but it looks like a 64/TSA sequel and I want it because it looks boss.

[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]

THIS GAME HOLY SHIT AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes, I'm that excited. Considering oblivion was fucking amazing to the core and i played it forever. This will be absolutely amazing.
[Image: megartron.jpg]
Very unlikely Optimus, as I am infused with their very MIGHT!
(07-02-2011, 07:27 PM)Untitled Wrote: I'm currently looking forward to Dragon's Crown from Vanilliaware, for PS3/PSVita, won't be out til next year.

Spiritual sucessor of Golden Axe and Dungeons and Dragons sidescrollers?

FUCK YES.

This topic can also be used by Omegajack to reiterate how good games are coming at that if your not into those awesome games you don't know SHIT about videogames. You ALSO don't know shit about Vanillaware. Because if you did you'd know everything they make is pure fucking genius.

You know what ELSE is going on at Vanillaware? MY MOM! No but seriously:

The games called Grand Knights Historia, where you basically have a PSP possibly PSV, and PS3 release where guess what? Fight in strategic battle settings against other people where are not in fact playing the game. The single player story consist of you choosing to be a knight brigade of one of the 3 warring nations. You travel around battle other knights, monsters, bandits, and the like. helping lead your country to victory. Know that's really cool about this? 4 characters in a turn based combat that actually looks fun and interesting. Why is that cool? That is because Vanillaware has NEVER done turned based game play. Action RPG's always seemed to be at the forefront of their titles. If you've never played one of their games I highly recommend it.

PS2: Odin Sphere one of the hardest games knownw to mankind.
Wii: Muramasa the Demon Blade although not as hard a lot more action oriented and high speed.

Grand Knights Historia is highly customizable where how you build each member in your party to what they look like down to what kind of weapon they specialize in. No doubt the game will be a think and fight game where difficulty will be based on what you fight and when you fight it, sometimes it may be best to run, sometimes there may be an item that will give your brigade the win of the skirmish between a warring nation. Lead your troops into battle against the world, and have fun doing it goshdangit.

Still not sold? Then you still don't know shit about video games. Peace.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Holy crap Omega that game DOES look pretty rad! Lemme guess it's for PS3 so I can't ever get it! Awesome!
Thanked by:
Yesssssssssss Grand Knights Historia will be glorious. Probably wont get to play it though.
[Image: megartron.jpg]
Very unlikely Optimus, as I am infused with their very MIGHT!
Thanked by:
(07-02-2011, 08:59 PM)Omegajak Wrote: This topic can also be used by Omegajack to reiterate how good games are coming at that if your not into those awesome games you don't know SHIT about videogames. You ALSO don't know shit about Vanillaware. Because if you did you'd know everything they make is pure fucking genius.

You know what ELSE is going on at Vanillaware? MY MOM! No but seriously:

The games called Grand Knights Historia, where you basically have a PSP possibly PSV, and PS3 release where guess what? Fight in strategic battle settings against other people where are not in fact playing the game. The single player story consist of you choosing to be a knight brigade of one of the 3 warring nations. You travel around battle other knights, monsters, bandits, and the like. helping lead your country to victory. Know that's really cool about this? 4 characters in a turn based combat that actually looks fun and interesting. Why is that cool? That is because Vanillaware has NEVER done turned based game play. Action RPG's always seemed to be at the forefront of their titles. If you've never played one of their games I highly recommend it.

PS2: Odin Sphere one of the hardest games knownw to mankind.
Wii: Muramasa the Demon Blade although not as hard a lot more action oriented and high speed.

Grand Knights Historia is highly customizable where how you build each member in your party to what they look like down to what kind of weapon they specialize in. No doubt the game will be a think and fight game where difficulty will be based on what you fight and when you fight it, sometimes it may be best to run, sometimes there may be an item that will give your brigade the win of the skirmish between a warring nation. Lead your troops into battle against the world, and have fun doing it goshdangit.

Still not sold? Then you still don't know shit about video games. Peace.

I was gonna post about this too. Also folks its for PSP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARoNzUBE7U

DAT THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME
Thanked by: Garamonde
Catherine's coming out in English later this month!

I actually really like platformer-puzzle games (loved Klonoa as a kid) so I'm not disappointed by the choice of genre. I've stayed unspoilered so far (unlike for P4...)

Grand Knights Historia looks pretty kickass. But DAMN, PSP... I don't have one. :C
YES

I'm buying that this month, death dream waifu wars
Quote:[Image: x6taN.jpg]
Makai Kingdom PSP port. Additional content specific to the port include:
- A scenario called "Papa is the Strongest Overlord in the Universe". A new character will be featured in this scenario. Said character wears a cape and has red pigtails.

[Image: 71LcSV4AdL_AA1000_.jpg?t=1309577466]

[Image: 1308967236661.jpg]
Thanked by: Omegajak, Rosencrantz
I HAVE A PSP! YES! Big Grin
Thanked by: Sol
Grand Knights Historia looks really cool. So glad I have a PSP.

I don't have a 3DS though, so I won't be able to get that new Bomberman game. I think I would die of joy if it was in the style of the original Bomberman 64. So it's a lose/lose situation for me, haha.

A title I'm really looking forward to is Ni no Kuni, a collaboration between Level-5 and Studio Ghibli, for the Nintendo DS. It's already out in Japan, and it's been confirmed that a US release is coming I think, but they haven't announced a date. There's also a version for the PS3 that is completely gorgeous. (but I don't have a PS3, so not so much looking forward to that one!)

I'm looking forward to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as well, since I'm a big Elder Scrolls fan. That's all I can really think of at the moment!
Thanked by: Gwen, Omegajak, Strasteo
Before this thread, Kirby Wii was the only game I was really anticipating that much.

Now, Kirby Wii is the only game I'm really anticipating that much that I actually have a system to play it on.

Mighty Jetters Wrote:TSA
YESZ
It would be good for Hudson to do something similar to their only objectively good singleplayer Bomberman game.
Thanked by:
Dead Island

Metal Gear Solid Rising

Elder Skrolls V: Skyrim
Someone put up a trailer already so I won't :I

Dragon's Dogma

I'm also looking forward to the generic FPS's this year, fuck off Smile
Definitely looking forward to Rage.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Zac, ZaeTelapo!
Layton and Ace Attorney

dear god, Capcom, don't hold out on us anymore and tell us if you're gonna localize it or not :CCC

You've already broken my heart with your refusal to localize AAI2, don't do it for this game too Sad
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: megaMasquerain