Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Sprite Theft] A call for knowledgeable gamers to help out!
(Note: Dazz gave me permission to post this thread in the "Spriting Discussion" section which I assume is this after I sent him a PM asking him a question. If I've posted in the wrong "sprite" section, then could one of the mods or admins please move the thread? Thanks.)

You might be wondering why I'm posting this. Well, I suppose an introduction is in order.

I'm Tap from the Ace Attorney Online forums and I am the main moderator in charge of the Your Art forums (our equivalent of the Creative Zone). We recently received some troubling reports about a form of sprite theft committed by one of the users. The issue here is that one user has posted several sprites in his art thread, however these sprites that he has claimed to have made are not reminiscent of the style of work he produced last month (a poor recolour of a Maggey Byrde sprite from JFA) which unfortunately, is no longer available as he took it down.

As the largest spriting community (to the best of my knowledge), we were wondering whether the community here would be to help out with the identification. If anyone knows of the games that the following sprites were taken from, then it would be much appreciated if you could post.

Normally, this sort of issue would be ignored, however the user has shown disrespect to the community and the staff (the latter through private PM discussion), and that has forced us to act.

I hope any of you will be able to help out. =)

- Tap

== Attached ==

The following sprites are what this user has claimed to have made. Are any of them familiar to anyone here...?

Thanked by:
Well, here's the last and the first.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/dkdk...heet/20616
Maybe the others are in there as well, but this is the game I found those two from.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/dkdkmajoshnpan/

EDIT: They're all in here.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/doki...ustups.png
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by: Rosencrantz
Looks like Rakia nailed it.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
I'm also laughing at the fact that those sprites aren't even close to the Ace Attourney style

Heh, give him hell, bro Smile
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Hah yeah, it's cause I recognized the style.
Honestly though I don't know how, I've never really looked at the sprites or even played the game.

But there you have it. Your man's a perv and a thief.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanks for replying, guys, and a big thanks to Rakia! We've banned him for three days for both blatant theft and disrespect against users and moderators. His permission to post in the Your Art forum has been revoked as well. Smile
Thanked by: Rosencrantz
[Image: i-guilty.gif]