Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
First Contact
Smile 

Hi! I'm a long time visitor, first time community member! You can call me D-Boy Wheeler.

Also, not too long ago, I started teaching myself to program games (mainly with Game Maker, but I hope to learn Adventure Game Studios soon, so this'd probably be a great resource).

I like to do fan games, which I consider practice for when I start making games that are uniquely my own idea. In fact, right now I'm doing my second game overall, but first game that's entirely my own idea.

But yeah, I'll have to consider this place if I find myself in over my head and can't do sprites on my own... though I guess it couldn't hurt to make up some tilesets (they'll be simple tilesets, like those in NES and Master System/Game Gear style games).

But enough about myself... anyone want to introduce themselves?

Thanked by:
Hey D-Boy Wheeler!

That's a good start. You can post your games in the Game Development section.
Even if you can't sprite, you can rip existing sprites!
Also, you could start looking at programming languages like Java, Python or even C...

Anyway. I'm Chris2Balls. I'm an art student, I currently live in France and I'm interested in sprites, art, and computers.

Welcome!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
(06-22-2011, 02:12 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: Hey D-Boy Wheeler!

That's a good start. You can post your games in the Game Development section.
Even if you can't sprite, you can rip existing sprites!
Also, you could start looking at programming languages like Java, Python or even C...

Anyway. I'm Chris2Balls. I'm an art student, I currently live in France and I'm interested in sprites, art, and computers.

Welcome!

Thanks for the greeting, Chris. Yeah, for character sprites, I'll post concept art links (in the appropriate spot, of course). And, yeah, if anything, I might contribute homemade tiles (again, simple stuff, like NES style or Master System (Game Gear) style stuff). I doubt I'd be able to sprite or rip sprites if my life depended on it.

As for future fan-game projects, I was considering making platformers of Pokemorph (anthro Pokemon) someday... but that'd be a long time off.

But I am considering asking for help in making sprites for my first Adventure Game Studio games (like the point n click you see in Monkey Island or the Sierra adventure games). If you like, I can post concept art (just remind me via PM of where to post concept art, since I'm still relatively new here).

Thanks again.
Thanked by:
Welcome to TSR, DBoy! Please read the rules and enjoy your stay here!

My name's Mighty Jetters (as you can see LOL) and I stay at home most of the time and don't get out but rarely (meaning I lack social experience so don't get mad if I say something wrong Tongue). For the most part I'm a sprite ripper and it's my passion and I'm not as much into spriting but I've been trying. I love this community very much and it has a special place in my heart. I don't want to ever leave. I love to help people almost more than anything and I do my best to guide those who are lost in the right direction. I don't believe in being mean and I always love to see people get better.

So yeah I think that's enough for now. Smile
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: