Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rabid's Models (WIPs and such)
couldn't be bothered to revive my old topic.

made a low poly octorok, and will submit if/when i finish the rigging.
856 tris, 128x128 texture map

[Image: LPDMn.png]
[Image: 6gDpn.png]

if you have any requests/suggestions on what i should do next, you may PM me.

i'm thinking of making a low-poly "generic game assets pack," like low-poly houses, cars, trees, etc. would anyone benefit from that?
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
About time someone modeled an Octorok! I like it, but maybe the snout could be white, like the Octos in the <i>Minish Cap</i>.
Thanked by:
Aha, I could give it different texture maps!
Thanks for the suggestion. Tongue
First animation
[Image: ZyjUc.gif]
It's slow on my broswer. Try downloading it and viewing it in an image viewer instead. Smile
Thanked by:
i agree to the generic game assets pack
like you should have different packs for different genres of games. like shooters,horror,action,fantasy,
stuff like that.
Thanked by:
Yeah, that actually sounds pretty cool. People could try using them for casual game.
I dunno about different genres, though. It should just be a general thing.
[Image: 29736365.png]
Oh yeah. That Kain avatar up there is gonna change. Into something better.
Thanked by:
maybe just a general pack, yes.
just something to throw together for a demo if you're a programmer with no artist, for example.
we'll see how things go from there.

i'll make a t-do list for it soon. Smile
Thanked by:
Savant Guard, I suggest that you upload your model assets to *. Your work would also suit well there.
Thanked by:
we aren't allowed to post links to other websites.
sounds like a tsr rival. ;D
Thanked by:
Your animation lacks recoil when the octawhateverIhaven'teverplayedalegendofzeldagame-thing fires. Instead, it moves forward when firing.

It looks cool.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by:
Oh? I never knew this site even had rivals. Let alone cared about them... The link has been removed.
Thanked by:
not rivals per se.

yeah, there was a little discussion over at tigs whether it should be a spitting animation or a firing animation.
Thanked by:
Rivals? Not sure exactly what you'd consider a rival to this site, but I at the very least I wouldn't go around doing censorage like that. I'm fine with you guys posting links to wherever within reason.

What you aren't allowed to do is go around advertising websites like a jackass, but I really wouldn't consider what you tried to do there much like that.

As for a generic model pack, I like the idea too although I wouldn't be able to post it up on the site if it wasn't directly related to an official game.
Thanked by:
Why couldn't there be general models and game models in separate packs or whatever? I wanna see you make game models. Sad

Like... Tetris Attack panel models. That would be sweet.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
it could be in the custom section
like if it's designed after a specific game (like the octorockys are from zelda)

as for things in it
potions, save points, health packs, random asortments of weaponry, armor, trees, npcs and things like that
Thanked by:
oooh, yeah, didn't think about that.
i guess i could just make it available to other sites. Smile

also, wait, aren't tetris easy to model?
Thanked by: