Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario.
[Image: lqZlG.png]
A New Mario sheet I'm making based off some drawings i've done of him, tell what you think and what should be fixed.

edit: fixed hand on third sprite.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
his hand is backwards on the third sprite
Thanked by:
is that white between his legs supp[osed to be there?

Other than that, it's a funny cartoon-ish style. Not really Mario-esque, but funny.
[Image: lordmelchiorspritetag21.png]
--------------------------------------
Social Media:
[Image: youtubeoyl.png] [Image: websitey.png] [Image: twitterso.png] [Image: facebookkp.png] [Image: steamb.png]
Topics:
[Image: snessoundrips.png] [Image: spriterips.png]
--------------------------------------
Thanked by:
That was just white I forgot to fill with the background colour.
I fixed that up anyways.
Thanked by:
Its cute and all but I'd prefer a bit more complexity. The shading on his hat could also be better.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
Omega, I always love your work and your interesting characterizations..but I'd truly love to see you experiment more with the colors you have given yourself. It's as if you're holding yourself back.

[Image: ODrEd.png] I didn't edit the whole thing(this is your sprite after all). I only did this to show what I'm talking about by mixing it up a bit. I just edited the shading around the head by using different colors throughout your sprite. See how mixing the colors you have can create more depth and make it look smoother? I'd really like to see you take that approach in your future sprites.
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by: Marth, Kitsu, Alex IDV, Omega, Alex, Frario
Whoa Star, that is impressive.

I guess what really holds me back using more colours is wanting to keep it simple so things are easier to edit, or maybe it's just me being impatient again.

But I will definitely consider using what you just showed for the entire sheet.
Thanked by: Star
I'm glad to hear that you'll be taking that approach.
Well, I hate to say it but it may be from impatience Tongue haha I know how it is though, I get impatient myself.

Also, I noticed something while messing with colors. I don't remember exactly but some blues are VERY close to the same. Perhaps you can change one of them out to make it into a darker shade of blue for the overalls? Just a suggestion.

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind. That was when I was experimenting with the gloves. The overall colors looked so close to the same color when put on there for some reason haha.

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by:
[Image: 3YYRR.png]

how does this look?
I added some extra shading to the overalls, arms and shoes and put in some extra details such as the overalls pocket.
Thanked by:
[Image: Qw2C0.png]
Pixel clusters are important.
Star showed you could recycle colours from your sprite, but you can also optimize existing colours (see purple hat mario edit).
Pixel clusters are all about tidiness (using few colours on a surface), avoiding straight lines, jaggies and banding.
Hope it helps!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Star, Marth, Alex
Yes! It's getting there! The arms and hands look a bit blocky though. Perhaps you could smoothen it out somehow with some aa? And the bottom of his overalls seem to be lacking some shading(the leg part). I really like how you used the skin tone and that dark red to put shine on the shoe. That's exactly what I'm talking about when taking advantage of your palette! : D

EDIT: I didn't even see Chris's post til I posted haha. What Chris displayed is also great to keep in mind as well! I just tend to go overboard when it comes to shading sometimes Tongue

Thanked by:
right now, the thing that bothers me most is his stomach. You have it shaded like a ball, but his stomach is like a rectangle. The arms are also kinda boring, they look like jst two straight lines
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
Look at it carefully, I found that his Shoes are Black, and Mario's are Brown,

Can you make him a bit Fatty?

The Smiling looks too blue, he has completely white teeth,

I think his Noise should be a little bigger too,

With all that space in the cap you can make the "M"

The two things on his chest are more circular,

And the arms are too squared,

Just trying to help, those are just suggestions...
Thanked by:
looks pretty funny other than that its okay
Thanked by:
Ha, I like the style of this.

His stomach is looking pretty flat at the moment dude, and his arms are annyoing me abit AA prehaps?
It's looking good dude, some other characters in the same style would be rad.
Thanked by: