Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How can I get my computer activities to go on a live feed?
I've seen many artists do this before where they record what they are drawing on the computer through a live feed. I wanted to try spriting for my live art show tonight, but I have no idea on how to make this happen. Do I need a program or what? I heard some people say you need a certain website to do that, but I think the website I'm on how should work[http://www.stickam.com/sean_hicks]. Thank y'all so much for your time! : )
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by:
What do you normally do for the live feed (site, tools)? I've used ManyCam with Justin.tv and it's decent. Try googling "Streaming Desktop <insertsitenamehere>", it might give some useful information.
Thanked by:
I'm always painting on my livestream so I just use my normal webcam, which is a Logitech Webcam. Pretty much all I use. And I'm gonna try to look that up now. Hopefully I get something!

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by:
From what I've read on this page, it seems like stickam uses the same setup as justin.tv so ManyCam should work fine. The basic idea is that whatever program you choose to use should be put as the Webcam choice.

If you want to use ManyCam, the only caveats I'm aware of is that ManyCam has a watermark by default, but it's removable, and the quality might be a bit low (Here's a sample of justin.tv's average quality stream.)
Thanked by: Star
I tried ManyCam but it went all crazy on me lol. Like, the program kept blinking when I went to try to put it to the desktop setting. I had to uninstall it.

I think I finally figured out how to do it and I think I found a good program, like ManyCam, to do it as well. Thank you so much!

EDIT: I got it working now! : D

Thanked by:
Good to hear! I might drop by if you don't start too late Wink
there's alsways livestream.com if you need it. It's free and comes with livestream procast, which you can use to broadcast your computer activites live.
[Image: lordmelchiorspritetag21.png]
--------------------------------------
Social Media:
[Image: youtubeoyl.png] [Image: websitey.png] [Image: twitterso.png] [Image: facebookkp.png] [Image: steamb.png]
Topics:
[Image: snessoundrips.png] [Image: spriterips.png]
--------------------------------------
(06-15-2011, 06:49 AM)Lord Melchior Wrote: there's alsways livestream.com if you need it. It's free and comes with livestream procast, which you can use to broadcast your computer activites live.

This is what I'd recommend. It can capture your desktop as well as your speakers and mic.

I'm also looking for a program like that, but without the livestreaming part. I want one that can just make a video with the computer's sound and microphone at the same time, if there's one like that out there. (Camstudio can only do one or the other at one time.)
Thanked by:
Well the program I'm using, e2eSoft VCam, allows you to record videos like that, as well as play them live. I haven't looked too much into the recording part, but from what I've seen, it looks like it'd do greatly in that. I'm thinking of actually switching to livestream, cause apparantly stickcam has trouble with streaming sometimes.

Thanked by: