Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Robot from the future
I kinda like simple stuff and I used an 8 bit pallette but I'm completly ignoring 8 bit rules
[Image: robotx.png]

[Image: 11t3c4z.gif]
Thanked by:
Nice. Looks like your robot is shuffling instead of walking. Maybe some walk cycle references or a tutorial could help. Keep it up.
Heart
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
There's two frames with the robot's left foot infront, and one where they cross - none where his right foot is infront. So it looks a bit weird.

But I dig the concept, and shading is pretty sweet... Only other thing is his right arm looks seriously strange for a robot - either it's fluid, or it's really not, because it at the moment is like a half-mix.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
you're lacking at least one more frame.
Dazz I wanna keep it as simple as I can, but I added a few pixels on its arm so it doesn't look too plain,
I hope it's better now.
[Image: 29y1too.gif]
Thanked by:
Aside from the strange animation (which I am assuming you did on purpose, I won't judge you there), this is really good.
Thanked by:
ots not the arm nuddy. or at least not only the arm. its the legs.

you want to keep it as simple as posible? then make everything on it as simple as posible. that includes integrating readbility into its desing. right now, having dark legs that blend each time they cross in front of the viewer isnt going to help you at all with that walk cycle.

of course, you have options. you can decrease the number of frames, put more emphasis on the robot's body langyage, redesing those legs, redraw the walking animation completely, etc.
It's Right Leg it's still shuffling, the waist doesn't move a bit, and it has to, at least a little,

You can make it as simple as possible, but that doesn't mean you can't make it as good as possible, isn't it?
Thanked by:
The problem is that he's not moving at the waist. You need something, even if slight.
Thanked by: