Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
TvC Ripping
Well I've managed to figure out how to rip from TvC not that its particularly difficult. However, BRRES viewer only gives me the option to export as an MD5mesh or a .psk file.

Can someone help me find a suitable converter or such to get one or the other type into a DAE or OBJ file? I have a few projects I would like to do but this kind of puts a stop to being able to do anything with it.

I'll gladly Upload the whole TvC cast if I can get this figured out.

There seems to be a blender plugin for psk files... but it doesn't seem to register that the plugin is installed. [the import selection doesn't change with the plugin being there.] possibly I am putting the plugin in the wrong spot?
Thanked by:
(06-07-2011, 05:05 AM)RandomRedMage Wrote: Well I've managed to figure out how to rip from TvC not that its particularly difficult. However, BRRES viewer only gives me the option to export as an MD5mesh or a .psk file.

Can someone help me find a suitable converter or such to get one or the other type into a DAE or OBJ file? I have a few projects I would like to do but this kind of puts a stop to being able to do anything with it.

I'll gladly Upload the whole TvC cast if I can get this figured out.

There seems to be a blender plugin for psk files... but it doesn't seem to register that the plugin is installed. [the import selection doesn't change with the plugin being there.] possibly I am putting the plugin in the wrong spot?

I think i can convert md5mesh files with FragMOTION
I can maybe try if you send me one sample file, just for a test

Thanked by:
I can convert .psk/.pskx + .psa to .obj or .dae using the ActorX Importer with 3DSMax, if needed.
The importer can be found here.
Thanked by:
Use mdl0headerfix.exe from this ZIP on the BRRES files, then use BrawlBox 0.64 to preview the model and then export it to DAE (in that order, or else it won't work properly). Then just import the DAE file up in 3DS Max or Maya and convert it to any other format you want.
Thanked by: RandomRedMage
(06-07-2011, 11:18 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Use mdl0headerfix.exe from this ZIP on the BRRES files, then use BrawlBox 0.64 to preview the model and then export it to DAE (in that order, or else it won't work properly). Then just import the DAE file up in 3DS Max or Maya and convert it to any other format you want.

Oh! awesome. I ended up just using Milkshape. But the faces were comming out screwy. Will this fix the face issue? [just curious]

Also, wow... TVC models are strange... way overdone just to get that cell shaded look.

Anyway if these work out good I'll start uploading my rips. Big Grin
Thanked by:
(06-07-2011, 01:32 PM)RandomRedMage Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 11:18 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Use mdl0headerfix.exe from this ZIP on the BRRES files, then use BrawlBox 0.64 to preview the model and then export it to DAE (in that order, or else it won't work properly). Then just import the DAE file up in 3DS Max or Maya and convert it to any other format you want.

Oh! awesome. I ended up just using Milkshape. But the faces were comming out screwy. Will this fix the face issue? [just curious]

Also, wow... TVC models are strange... way overdone just to get that cell shaded look.

Anyway if these work out good I'll start uploading my rips. Big Grin
Haven't had any issues with the faces before, and unlike the BRRESViewer, the DAEs that it exports keeps each polygon group as a separate object, so the multiple hands and cel-shading layers can be manipulated more easily.
Thanked by:
(06-07-2011, 01:53 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Haven't had any issues with the faces before, and unlike the BRRESViewer, the DAEs that it exports keeps each polygon group as a separate object, so the multiple hands and cel-shading layers can be manipulated more easily.

Ohh cool, Thats handy. Though Blender doesn't seem to like the DAEs that it exports. Importing them gets me nothing.
Thanked by:
(06-07-2011, 02:05 PM)RandomRedMage Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 01:53 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Haven't had any issues with the faces before, and unlike the BRRESViewer, the DAEs that it exports keeps each polygon group as a separate object, so the multiple hands and cel-shading layers can be manipulated more easily.

Ohh cool, Thats handy. Though Blender doesn't seem to like the DAEs that it exports. Importing them gets me nothing.
Oof. Unfortunately, the DAE files are Autodesk-based, and don't work properly in Blender, as far as I know...

Thanked by:
I've found that using Noesis, you can convert .DAE files (or at least the ones i've dealt with) to .OBJ, and import em into blender that way....(Noesis seems to be unusually hard to find : /....)
Thanked by:
Noesis can be found here.
Thanked by: Guy, RandomRedMage
Oh yea... I forgot bout Noesis... It can handle DAE files? interesting. Unfortunately don't .OBJ files Destroy the bone structure? o.o; That's no big deal though, so long as I can get a clean rip. Cute Just wish The Model designers didn't use such a god awful meathod for 'cell shaded' look.

EDIT: Noesis likes to crash when attempting to load the DAE files from this, also Noesis doesn't display other DAE files properly... poo~ and Autodesk 3ds MAX doesn't run on this laptop. Very Sad
Thanked by:
Hmmm... Mind sending me a file to try? I think I can work with a .psa and .psk file. It worked for ToS: DotNW, it worked for Brawl, it worked for DB:RoKP, why not this?
Lloyd gives us some words of wisdom:
Thanked by:
Send Me the .DAE's you want to convert to .OBJ and I'll do that for you.
Or better yet, just send me the .BRESS with the characters that you want to import and I'll convert the .DAE's From those into .obj Smile
In return I would like the .BRESS for Chun Lii and Speed Racer =3
for personal importing use Big Grin
Thanked by:

Do you have the most recent version of Noesis?
http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

You can also catch me on Discord: John2k4#5788
Thanked by: Garamonde
(02-18-2012, 04:25 PM)John2k4 Wrote: Do you have the most recent version of Noesis?
http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads
If you can send me the .BRESS files from that game (I know it's a wii game because I've rented that game for the wii, which means it has BRESS) I can use the latest brawlbox to export the .DAE's Smile

Thanked by: