Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Moving Sprites to png. Form?
What would be the best program to use to convert moving gif. sprites to a series of png. sprites?
Thanked by:
You could do it manually with Photoshop, but that takes alot of time.

One program of which I know is capable of doing this is Game Maker. It's a free program, and not too hard to figure out. if you need help let me know.
Basically, load a .gif, open the editor by clicking the pencil button, and select file>>export.

You could also try Easy Gif Animator, it's not freeware but it has a fully-functional free 30-day trial up for downloads.
[Image: lordmelchiorspritetag21.png]
--------------------------------------
Social Media:
[Image: youtubeoyl.png] [Image: websitey.png] [Image: twitterso.png] [Image: facebookkp.png] [Image: steamb.png]
Topics:
[Image: snessoundrips.png] [Image: spriterips.png]
--------------------------------------
Thanked by:
You could use GifFrame.It's free(at least the version I downloaded).
Thanked by:
get graphicsgale, open a .gif, click export, bam
Thanked by:
tha plug in to do it on photoshop is avaliable now http://www.retroaffect.com/blog/132/Phot...ite_Sheet/
Thanked by:
If you want the smallest file possible, try PNGGauntlet. I personally use PNGOut from the command line, but PNGGauntlet is easier to use. Most conversion utilities and graphic editors save the file with a quicker compression routine so that it will save faster. PNGGauntlet will take longer, but the resulting file size is smaller than what a typical program would output.
Thanked by:
(06-05-2011, 03:09 AM)DesuMoe Wrote: What would be the best program to use to convert moving gif. sprites to a series of png. sprites?

Well, I usually use Paint.net and Photoshop.
My Photoshop version is CS4 by the way.
Ninja Ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-ninjas! Ninja
Thanked by: