Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with a team?
this team is in the VGC 2011 tier, i'm looking for ways to improve it or anything that looks off with it. open to criticism, it works fairly well but it gets raped by Whimsicott and Terrakion.

really looking for a replacement with Mienshao still.

kgo.

updated. I changed the team around. Chandelure and Mienshao rarely ever come out so maybe you guys can give me something for my huge weakness to fighting. Big Grin
Thanked by:
this really overused, but conkeldurr's bulk-up-drain punch combo puts all other sets to shame
also in 3vs3's zoroark and meinshao are probably going to feel like dead weight as people people predict the zoroark, and protect-priority kill the meinshao. I recommend a sap sipper to replace one of them which pretty much walls whimsicott.
also I think a haban berry is kind of a waste of an item on hydreigon. It will help you pretty much just against haxorus, but at max speed hydreigon always outspeeds hax anyway and 1hko's it with dragonpulse I'm pretty sure. Also at max speed, a scarfed hydreigon always outspeed haxorus after a dragon dance.
Thanked by: Rhyme
Reuniclus used trick room
you so dead you have no clue

(05-14-2011, 11:50 PM)Zac Wrote: this really overused, but conkeldurr's bulk-up-drain punch combo puts all other sets to shame
also in 3vs3's zoroark and meinshao are probably going to feel like dead weight as people people predict the zoroark, and protect-priority kill the meinshao. I recommend a sap sipper to replace one of them which pretty much walls whimsicott.
also I think a haban berry is kind of a waste of an item on hydreigon. It will help you pretty much just against haxorus, but at max speed hydreigon always outspeeds hax anyway and 1hko's it with dragonpulse I'm pretty sure. Also at max speed, a scarfed hydreigon always outspeed haxorus after a dragon dance.

the vgcs this year are still doubles, but it seems like viable advice even in doubles. what item would you suggest for hydreigon?

(05-15-2011, 12:17 AM)Own is my body Wrote: Reuniclus used trick room
you so dead you have no clue

if i see reuniclus, i taunt the fuck out of it. if the taunt fails i'll try to protect stall for as long as i possibly can, until the tr fades, anyway. provided i still have the taunt up, it wouldn't be able to reset tr..
Thanked by:
Dont give Mienshao the Normal Gem. You'll end up wasting it on fake out, which is weak anyway, so the damage increase from the Gem won't have the potential to do as much damage as others. If I were you, I'd give him a fighting gem, so Drain punch has both STAB and an extra 50% from the gem, plus more health is recovered from the move.
Thanked by:
Why is Hydra using a -Speed nature? Try Timid.
updates, updates. bump.
Thanked by:
Sygiliph maybe?
75% redux against fighting
burns shit using magic guard/psycho shift/flame orb so fighting types whose name isn't Conkeldurr aren't a problem
Cosmic power for resistance boosting
Stored power for more damage the more Cosmic powers you stack
Roost for healing

Thanked by:
Try Archeops for Mienshao.

Archeops@Flying Gem
Jolly/Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
>U-Turn
>Acrobatics
>Protect
>Toxic

Set may look a tad odd, but it's used differently depending on the opponent. Either use Acrobatics right off for the kill, or set up Toxic while they switch, then protect for some stall time, then either Acro or U-Turn to someone to take the hit. Sadly, there's not really anyone who can set up entry hazards but Garbador and Scolipede. If you're interested, I can get a set for either.
Archeops is to much of a gamble
all priority moves hit him for neutral or super effective damage, and whimiscott terrorizes him
But archeops is also a flying type, which has resistance over grass-type.

Anyway, I just levelled up Chandelure to level 100 (YESS!!!) and need a new pokemon.
I'm thinking either:
Vanilluxe
One o' the Regis
Another Huntail (why not?)
Samurott
or Serperior

anyway, I need some advice for which I should go for, and for good movesets.
Thanked by:
Scolipede@Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Spd/100 HP/60 Def/60 Def(Invest the rest in Attack if using M.Horn or Steamroller. If not, HP)
Toxic Spikes
Baton Pass
Agility/Swords Dance
Agility/Swords Dance/Spikes/Megahorn/Steamroller

Toxic Spikes first turn. Sash in case of a OHKO. From there, it depends on the set. You can either TS again, use Agility or SD or Spikes, or attack with M.Horn or Roller. Just remember, if you don't run M.Horn or Roller, you get ruined by Taunt.

EDITTongueursuit works well, too.
Thanked by: Zac
(05-17-2011, 01:45 PM)DeepSeaTooth Wrote: But archeops is also a flying type, which has resistance over grass-type.
doesn't matter
whimsicott basically only has to stall him half way cause of arch's stupid ability, then can cotton guard up
also that rock typing means he takes neutral damage
Thanked by:
(05-17-2011, 03:11 PM)Teddy The Elite Wrote: Scolipede@Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Spd/100 HP/60 Def/60 Def(Invest the rest in Attack if using M.Horn or Steamroller. If not, HP)
Toxic Spikes
Baton Pass
Agility/Swords Dance
Agility/Swords Dance/Spikes/Megahorn/Steamroller

Toxic Spikes first turn. Sash in case of a OHKO. From there, it depends on the set. You can either TS again, use Agility or SD or Spikes, or attack with M.Horn or Roller. Just remember, if you don't run M.Horn or Roller, you get ruined by Taunt.

EDITTongueursuit works well, too.

This is a VGC 2011 team, there is no point in running Spikes or Baton pass. If you're looking to boost your team's speed, use Tailwind.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by:
toxic spikes could be useful if paired with a roar/dragon tail pokemon.
would have to watch out for conkeldurr user though
Thanked by: