Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Where's a Thread With Sprite Ripping Tools?
I was brought to this site because I Yahooed for ""Final Fantasy VII" sprite ripper" and this site was among the top of the list. However, the available sprites aren't what I was looking for. After taking fifteen minutes to browse through the forums to try to find ripping tools, I couldn't find any in any of the posted threads.

I would be more than willing to do my own sprite ripping if I had the tools to do so. So, could anyone tell me what sort of utility I should look for to rip sprites from Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX?
Thanked by:
Wrong forum, moving.
Thanked by:
(05-05-2011, 05:35 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Wrong forum, moving.

So, anyone? None of the people who posted sprites from those games care to share what tools they used?
Thanked by:
They aren't sprites, they are 3D models.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/ff7/
http://www.spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/ff8/

And I'm sure there are sprites for FF9, too; they just aren't on this site.
Thanked by:
The characters in-game are 3-D models. There probably isn't anything left of "sprites" to rip except useless stuff like menus.
Thanked by:
I think he's doing it more for the experience, rather than trying to get sCeNe CrEd by ripping from a """""quality game"""""

Most of us will use programs like TileMolester or GGD. Telling you how exactly to do it would be a rather long-winded process, so I'll leave you to googling these wonderful tools.

Generally though you're gonna either have to figure out exactly what files you wanna rip from (images are stored in files, you know; but they differ from game to game, Square Enix formats are different from say, Naughty Dog formats) or you'll be ripping from memory dumps or savestates (which is generally easier; that's how I rip from PSP games)

unless you're adamant on ripping cloud's attack animations, then i'll just be everyone else and say "those are 3D models you're doing it wrong nerd then you'd have to rip models and textures"
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
I can suggest PSX-VRAM for sprites and textures:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...#pid278464
Program, Tutorial, etc.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Yes, Kosheh, I am adamant about ripping Cloud's attack animations (and some other attack animations and/or textures). Rather than be a complete newbie and ask people to do it for me (since I can't post in the requests until I've had 20 posts, anyway), I figured I'd ask for the tools to do it myself. After all, looking for the tools is what originally led me to this site, anyway.

So, I'll try what Davy Jones suggested (after I find a copy of PSX-VRAM, since the link in that thread is dead).
Thanked by: