Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Terraria
Remember Super Mario Bros X? No? Well, anyway, Redigit, the guy who made that game, is teaming up with this other dude to make a game that could very well rock the proverbial socks off of Minecraft. There are certain elements that they've taken, such as mining and building, but truth be told, there's just so much that's been added that it's almost insane.

I can't really explain too much of it, as I'm not too good at that sort of thing, but I can give you this sexy, sexy gameplay video:

Don't worry about the FF sprite edits. The developers say they're in the process of replacing all of the placeholder sprites.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
the coding's impressive, but the gameplay doesn't seem too appealing.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
...Whoa. Me and my cousin played SMBX (it was a blast) and this looks... real cool but I can't figure out the objective or what you're supposed to really do.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(04-30-2011, 01:47 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: ...Whoa. Me and my cousin played SMBX (it was a blast) and this looks... real cool but I can't figure out the objective or what you're supposed to really do.

If you look on the developer's channel (They uploaded the trailer in the OP), they have a bunch of "Let's Plays" up that you can watch to get a better idea of what the game's about.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Looks pretty rad actually.

Glad the edits are temporary though, as they really don't look so good.
[Image: megartron.jpg]
Very unlikely Optimus, as I am infused with their very MIGHT!
Thanked by:
cortex command meets minecraft

cortexcraft
This just came out. Picked up a copy. Gonna play now.
[Image: tumblr_lctx1p6L3L1qzvjn8o1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
I mean, I thought this would be pretty popular, but holy shit.

[Image: y2hbd.png]
Thanked by:
Now that I got that fucker out of the way

[Image: HAHA.png]
Thanked by: PrettyNier, Rosencrantz
man, i wish the graphics were better. the readability is pretty bad. which is a shame, the concept seems pretty good and its execution doesn't seem too bad.
Thanked by:
it's actually a LOT of fun, but it's fucking ugly.
[Image: tumblr_lctx1p6L3L1qzvjn8o1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
Oh yeah, I remember seeing that trailer.

Looks interesting.
Thanked by:
"Custom tSR Reskinning of Terraria" project
go go go
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

[Image: 7848685.jpg]
this game is basically a sidescrolling version of tibia.
I don't support buying unfinished products for outrageous prices, especially when they use artwork that doesn't even belong to them.

Pass.

Also it's literally Minecraft. But with more stuff. And shitty graphics. And made by a guy with absolutely no imagination whatsoever.