Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Drazelic's Sprites
I also go by Zerovirus on smaller forums that haven't had the username taken yet. I'm sure anyone who's ever played megaman knows where the name's from.

I have a Pixeljoint account here: http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/23746.htm

ART!

[Image: angrymagikarp.png][Image: articuno.png][Image: scolipede.png]
[Image: trolls__r1210237461.png]

Aaand time for the majority of my work recently.

As I've heard over on my side of the screen, OrangeAipom (who is known as Pidgeon over here apparently) kinda pissed a bunch of people off with some unnecessary wording of hers. Trust me, we at the MSPA forums aren't too pleased either.

I'm going to have to apologize on her behalf and hope that you don't think too badly of the Nepetaquest project, because the project actually has come a long way and not everybody is as, uh, abrasive as she is.

That and I've put a lot of effort into tiles so if you guys have like a stigma or something on the project I won't have nearly as much content to show you in this thread.

Not all of this stuff is polished to my usual calibur as Nepetaquest demands black outlines, low levels of hueshifting, and lower levels of contrast than I'm used to.
[Image: golem_maybe.png]
[Image: temple_gate_tiles.png]
[Image: stone-fucking-henge.png]
[Image: sepulchrifuckyeah.png]
[Image: monstersheet.png]
[Image: pink_trees.png]
[Image: karkatattack12345.gif]
Sheet for the animation is in the spoiler.
I have a whole ton of Wesnoth-style sprites but those are slightly old and I guess I'll post them later because I can just compile them all into one huge sheet when I have the time.
I don't think you should apologise on her behalf, it's her problem- she doesn't represent the mspa forums. my issue was more with her rather than the nepetaquest project, so please go ahead and post your work!

generally, i feel your outlines could do with more work.
i suggest you look at the way you highlight volumes: i think reducing their size and considering them more as "highlights" (as in highlight a small, specific part of a volum) and making them a bit more saturated colour-wise could vastly improve your work.
as an overview that's all i have to say.

i'll be looking forward to more!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

[Image: terezi.gif]

Criticisms? I'm definitely not satisfied with the triple series of whacks, and the backflip needs more tweening frames.
Thanked by: Ngamer01
I feel that for the whacks his body should jerk up slightly, to emphasize the attack.
[Image: VzTY.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Iceman404
The attacks in the air if they were 'left/right/left' downwards swipes, rather than straight down.

Also Cassowary; Terezi is a she. Sort of.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
The first swing lacks weight, it looks like you're giving each frame the same delay; it might look better if you shortened the delay of the middle frame (From what I can see, the swing is 3 frames, the initial pullback, the middle transition and the final hit.) Her jump is also floaty, she should be accelerating downwards as time passes by.
Thanked by:
Uh, some new stuff. Wesnoth-style. Which is to say a different style from the stuff I've been posting.

Boy am I good at stating the obvious.

[Image: jadealchemical.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde
You sir, are a god at spriting.
No really. However, I feel like you made the sprite palettes (Methinks I spelt it non- British-English way) transparent. Also, you use too little colours.
[Image: 384.gif][Image: 373.gif][Image: 149.gif][Image: 612.gif][Image: 142.gif][Image: 445.gif]
d r a g o n ' s d e n
Thanked by:
(05-21-2011, 08:16 PM)Blaziquaza Wrote: Also, you use too little colours.

what
(05-21-2011, 11:34 PM)[fish in space] Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 08:16 PM)Blaziquaza Wrote: Also, you use too little colours.

what

I somehow managed to cram TWENTY-TWO colors in these tiny little things. And that's with me cutting out one of the sub-ramps, removing 3 colors.

If I were more skilled I could probably pull off the same look with only 15 or 16 colors. But I don't think the statement of too few colors really applies.
Thanked by:
(05-21-2011, 03:07 PM)Drazelic Wrote: Uh, some new stuff. Wesnoth-style. Which is to say a different style from the stuff I've been posting.

Boy am I good at stating the obvious.

hey, is that a custom palette? it really reminds me of neorice's stuff (appropriate, since neorice made all of the wesnoth sprites and also posts here!) it looks pretty skookum rad though, i use his palettes a lot
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
Haha, you got me. It's an edited version of some of Neorice's palletes. I'm something of a self-professed fan of his work Tongue

In other news hey golems

Exact same image as above since Majhost autoupdates the image every update.
Thanked by:
he's the only person i know who uses green and blue palettes like that, and it also looks like a neorice kind of character
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
MAYGA BUNP

more work on that, guy with lightning spear who can upgrade into a scimitar-shield guy instead

[Image: wip.png]

A homestuck-based TBS idea I had out of the ether of randomness. The unit graphics suck and chances are i'll end up redoing them on a larger scale. basically you collect the green ectoslime and purple beetle hives as the resource-equivalents and buy units on the mechanical-looking transportalizer pads. i'll probably redo units in a style closer to the jade-dudes above i think

[Image: fleshlord.png]

This guy's sorta old but i never got around to really posting him anywhere- maybe he'll show up on pixeljoint in the far far far far future

soooo yeah there's some stuff i haven't posted here yet but i'm too lazy to upload them all and they're like months-old stale pixel things anyways
Thanked by: Gwen, Vipershark, Alex, Marth
i really like all of your stuff a lot, draezelic. i wish i had that kind of skill!
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by: