Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sk8er themed sprite. [WIP]
Hai, this is my first post in this post this community. (:
well, i have been away from pixelling for a while so in the past couple days i decided to practice my hand again and do something.

erm, i'm looking forward your constructive criticism. :D
[the one to the right >>]
[Image: cookiezmadness.png]
Thanked by:
it could do with more contrast in some places, and less in others. it could do with being more readable.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
It just looks like Justin Bieber uhm
like mentioned, needs more contrast, especially the pants which are too dark to see any shading.
Also I think the line work could be a bit smoother over all, but since it's a small sprite im not completely sure of this.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B], Gwen

[Image: cookiezmadness222.png]
thanks guys. (:

I was thinking of a game project, but after hearing that he looks like.. Justin Bieber ? Disappointing.

#1&2, The old ones.
#3, I thought he'd look better in red, or in another words, tried to make him not to like Justina bieber. :l
#4, I tried to fix the contrast but i still think i have to change something with the hoodie.
Thanked by:
While you did increase the contrast a bit, I'm still finding it too low for the pants and cap. Your highlights could stand to be a tad lighter. Also in your attempt to detail the cap more in 3 and 4, I think you made it more pillow shaded, I would just stick to the shading of the cap in 1 and 2.

I personally prefer the green! Even if it is kinda close to highlighter green, it pops out more than the red. Makes it more interesting to look at imo. It's vibrant and light enough to match the white. The red just makes the white too sore, sticking out.
[Image: ULdji.png]
"I feel real good, I look even better, I make a burlap sack look like a cashmere sweater."
Thanked by:
[Image: cookiezmadness22233.png]

Better contrast ? And fixed the cap.
Thanked by:
very bland design
there's literally no contrast and it makes the sprite look pillowed as a result

also, your color choice is just
blahhh
Thanked by: Gwen

[Image: cookiezmadness222331.png]
like this ?

the design is bland ? he's just a skater, which might not have super accessories. :/
omg, kk, i don't know what do mean by "no contrast" "fix the contrast" "the contrast ain't good". i've read some tutorials about the contrast i'm abit mind fucked.
Thanked by:
There's not enough difference between the shades. We want to be able to see the shading, rather than having it look, i guess you'd say blended.
For example in the green, either make the light green lighter so you can see the darker shade, or make the darker shade of green darker, so you can see the lighter, and so on for the rest of the sprite.

It's good that you're trying to learn though, a lot of people just take this type of criticism as 'I suck.'

Anyway, the character design isn't that memorable. I mean, you said you wanted a generic skater, well you've done that, but I don't know if it'll call out to anyone as a good design.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by: MoePix
(04-19-2011, 07:35 PM)Cure for Cancer Wrote: very bland design

funny enough, i was going to comment how this reminded me of your desings :V
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B], Gors
(04-20-2011, 09:10 AM)Rakia Wrote: There's not enough difference between the shades. We want to be able to see the shading, rather than having it look, i guess you'd say blended.
For example in the green, either make the light green lighter so you can see the darker shade, or make the darker shade of green darker, so you can see the lighter, and so on for the rest of the sprite.
I got it, helped much tho, thanks. ;]
well i guess its okey now ?

[Image: cookiezmadness222331.png]

Thanked by:
It looks like the pockets on the hoodie (if thats what they are) were reversed in the newest one. flipp them back. And you probably want to take those extra 2 pixels off ow the end of the right arm.
---TGB---
Thanked by:
Ya you're right.
[Image: fixedsk8erdude.png]
Thanked by: