Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FEZ
Guys, you don't even know how excited I am for this shit.

Inb4 "Another PortalGuru indie platformer thread"
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
It's pretty. I don't like the attitude the developer (or at least the developer spokesperson) has, he's a bit arrogant/douchebaggy. He's been raggin' on people enquiring if they'd make this multiplat. There's a difference between saying "no," and "ahahaha fuck no", buddy.

Consequently, it means that I won't be able to play this (the 360 I have access to isn't online), so welp.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: recme
Kind of reminds me of cave story and super paper mario in a few ways. I kind like it.

It'd be a shame if it isn't multi-platform, because from what it seems it has potential to reach a wide audience.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
This looks really rather unique. I've got to agree that it'd be a shame if this isn't multiplatform.
Thanked by:
It's interesting, because (as far as my limited scouting of internet games journalism has turned up) most of the recent press about FEZ is that it won't be multiplat. Moreso than release dates or game play information. Though the 2 interesting things I found were the 'infinite lives' system (which is shown in that video. Falling too far will kill you, but you just respawn at the last safe ledge), and that the spritework's done by Paul Robertson (making Cave Story-style sprites a change of pace in this instance).
(04-03-2011, 11:11 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: and that the spritework's done by Paul Robertson (making Cave Story-style sprites a change of pace in this instance).

Huh, for once he isn't doing something that is a complete eye sore.

I have to give him credit for that.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Marth
I had an idea like that some time ago.

It seems to be working much better than I imagined it would. I like the idea of having the player's unseen axis align him with whatever block he's currently on, instead of Super Paper Mario's thing of having it stay the same between flips (this was the major problem I faced with my own idea).
Thanked by:
(04-03-2011, 11:11 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: and that the spritework's done by Paul Robertson

huh, i've been following this for a while and i never actually knew that. well, props to him for trying something new
Thanked by:
(04-03-2011, 11:11 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: the spritework's done by Paul Robertson (making Cave Story-style sprites a change of pace in this instance).

Actually, the art's being done by Phil Fish, who's also the lead designer of the game. There's a clear difference in style between the two, anyhow.
Thanked by:
(04-03-2011, 04:48 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: I don't like the attitude the developer (or at least the developer spokesperson) has, he's a bit arrogant/douchebaggy

You've not been in the indie dev scene very long, have you?
(04-03-2011, 02:29 PM)PortalGuru Wrote:
(04-03-2011, 11:11 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: the spritework's done by Paul Robertson (making Cave Story-style sprites a change of pace in this instance).

Actually, the art's being done by Phil Fish, who's also the lead designer of the game. There's a clear difference in style between the two, anyhow.

Hm. I'm pretty sure Paul's name was dropped in the video interview I watched - I apologise if I'm not accurate on that. I'll try and re-find it.

Edit:
http://www.destructoid.com/fez-takes-you...6468.phtml
Yep, Paul Robertson did work on this but as an animator. So he's not the original spriter, technically. Still, that's an important distinction, I kind of had a Journalist Fail there. Shy
Thanked by:
It's cool. Stuff like that happens to me all the time, haha.
Thanked by:
It's kind of my job to not be getting shit like this wrong!

Also:
[Image: were-redefining-what-a-game-is-making-pl...ptunes.jpg]
Optimistic Indie Game Developer is a pretty good meme.
So I did a little research in the whole ordeal about the game being multi platform or not, and from what Phil Fish is saying it'd probably end up on the PSN and PC in the near future, His main focus right now is XBLA. But he doesn't believe it will come out on the Wii any time soon, since they're direct download service is "Dismal" and the fact it isn't demo friendly in his words.

3DS isn't a likely candidate ether, but we will have to wait and see on that.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: