Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nostalgic Pixels Banner
[Image: NOSTALGIC%20PIXELS.PNG]
Just a basic banner I made, where do you guys think I could improve upon it?
Thanked by:
More contrast, it's not very readable as it is
Thanked by:
more contrast between the letters? so they don't look like they are joining?
Thanked by:
Logos are my strong point, so I can say without a doubt that this needs more contrast as it's a little too strenuous to read. Logos should pop out at you with clarity and flair.

In other words, try making the middle of the letters darker and the outlines lighter so it pops more.
[Image: 34sknrr.png][Image: 21cdm4w.png][Image: 34erc6d.png][Image: 34sknrr.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: NOSTALGIC%20PIXELS.PNG]
Is that better?
Thanked by:
I'm going to be completely honest. That green and that purple really hurt my eyes. They are too... is it called saturated? Opposite of dull.
Thanked by: Gors
The S' could be a bit thicker for on the top and bottom
Thanked by:
Does anyone else have a problem with the colours? If I make the "S" lines any thicker there won't be a gap between them :/
Thanked by:
(03-29-2011, 04:24 AM)trackpants Wrote: [Image: NOSTALGIC%20PIXELS.PNG]
Is that better?

I think you took my advice a little bit too far. The grey was a nice color for this logo, I just thought it could use a little more contrast.

If I could make some color scheme suggestions:
[Image: 2qnzkav.png]
I hope that helps. Smile
[Image: 34sknrr.png][Image: 21cdm4w.png][Image: 34erc6d.png][Image: 34sknrr.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: nostalgicpixels.png]

Is that better?

Thanks the doomed one
Thanked by:
the font desing you're using right now is simply horrible. you might want to give it some sort of common elements between each letter to actually have a display of both desing and readbility between each character, rather than just draw whatever comes to your mind and throw whatever derp color comes to your mind.

even if this is just a small practice or a quick project, planning is a must. having a clear idea of what you want to do and how you want to do is the only way you can produce something of an acceptable quality.
Thanked by: McMaxxis, Gors
I also think that the L's are a bit too thick... You should probably make it the same thickness as the T's and I's, or at least the C.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Yeah, make all the letters the same length and width, if you can.
I DID NAT HIT HER I DID NAAAAAAAAT.

Oh, hi Mark.
Thanked by:
All the letter have the same square area size in which they were placed.
Thanked by:
yes, but the lines are thicker on the L than it is on the S, for example.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde