Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RPG Maker XP Character Sprite Generator
Thumbs Down 
Dunno if anyone has ever posted a link to my sprite generator or not, but if not here it tis:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/RMXP_CSG/

Be warned, sprite models are "anatomically correct"...well, as "anatomically correct" as a 24x32 sprite model can be anyway (some prudes still have a problem with it though).

It doesn't have a *HUGE* selection of parts just yet, most of what it does have are for the teen male and female forms. Also keep in mind that selections won't appear ~until~ you've made other selections. So you need to select a base model BEFORE other options will be available (you'd be amazed at the number of idiot e-mails I get asking me why there's no parts at all in it).

Eventually I'll add in more parts, I've actually got a whole freakin slew of base material to work with. Adapting it to my base models actually isn't even the hard part. The hard part is that each sprite part has to be split apart into multiple layers for color controls, as well as layers for overlapping, so while each part layer has 5 sub layers, some of those sub layers intersect at different "depths" with other part layers/sublayers, which is important because with some parts you want them to cover up other parts or parts of parts, but not with others...and all that calculating of how layers affect other layers and how one part needs to affect other parts but not others is all very tedious and time consuming. There's no "easy fix" to it really.
Thanked by:
Oh heh, I remember this! It's not a bad auto-generate program. As for the sprite having genitals; I don't really see the point, unless you're expecting players to create perverse games (any why would you?)
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
LOL, I was thinking more "cute" and "funny", but I guess "perverse" works too. I don't have any problems with x-rated games, so if someone wanted to use them for that I wouldn't care. I don't really see how "x-rated" you could get though given the size, although I suppose you could use your imagination. You'd have to modify them though so that the male could be erect, otherwise it'd be pretty pointless.
Thanked by: SKELTON S. SKELETON
Despite this being a webapp, I'm moving this to Game Development.

Pretty neat though!
Thanked by:
I remember this. Back in the day before I could do stuff like this, I used to use tools like this pretty frequently. It's handy if you're a beginner.
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
is it just me or do the guys have constant boners
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
*looks at your .sig*

Teenage hormones maybe? You're not masturbating to them I hope. o_O
u-ummmm WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
w-what i do in my personal time is none of your business!
(no, i don't)
(angie i see what you did there)

but what does that have to do with it
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: SKELTON S. SKELETON
you're embarassing me.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
vipershark embarrasses everyone on a daily basis
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.