Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Port Forwarding
I have tried several different ways of forwarding ports, but no matter how hard I try they refuse to forward.

Don't know what to say, i have no idea what I'm dong wrong, if anything. I just cant do it man. Anybody know what i can do about this?
Thanked by:
You've tried the steps on http://portforward.com/ ?

There are a lot of different routers so it's really hard to know what's wrong without more info.
Thanked by:
Yup.

I have tried the instructions for my router there, and I have tried one of those automatic port forwarders, neither worked.
Thanked by:
what about it isnt working though
Thanked by:
Need more details.
Like, uh, any.

What OS are you on? Behind a firewall? Which Firewall? Behind a router? Which router? What port are you trying to forward? What kind of connection? Wired or wireless?

That said, usually it's a simple case of going to your router control panel (try routerlogin.com), checking the connected devices for your internal IP and then adding that to the port forward list, maybe even temporarily setup a DMZ for your IP to check nothing else is causing issues, aside from that I have nothing to go on to even guess at the problem you're having.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:
Windows 7
I have tried turning the firewall off and forwarding
Windows Firewall
Yes
Belkin F5D7234-4 V5
Wireless
Thanked by:
Hmm, well there doesn't seem to be any inherent reason you should be having trouble with that configuration, it's all pretty straight forward.
I assume you've followed the right default guide for that router?
(http://portforward.com/english/routers/p...efault.htm)

Only other thing I can think of is to check the software you're trying to connect isn't randomising the port, and that you're forwarding your internal ip (192.168.0.X usually) and not your external ip.
Thanked by:
tryin to host a minecraft server?

google Simple Port Forward, that program helped me a bit. idk.
[Image: tumblr_lctx1p6L3L1qzvjn8o1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
Sorry the delayed reply. Honestly I forgot about this thread. >_>

I have tried Simple Port Forward, it didn't work.
You are right though, trying to set up a minecraft server for my friends and I to use.
Thanked by:
ISP? Router brand?
Thanked by:
try adding an exception for the port/program in windows firewall
Thanked by:
(04-08-2011, 08:17 PM)FRET Wrote: ISP? Router brand?

Windows 7
I have tried turning the firewall off and forwarding
Windows Firewall
Yes
Belkin F5D7234-4 V5
Wireless

(04-09-2011, 12:18 AM)Rhymey Wrote: try adding an exception for the port/program in windows firewall

Windows Firewall isn't on.
Thanked by:
Are there separate tabs for single port and port range?
Thanked by:
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to belittle you, but port forwarding really isn't that complicated.
What I mean is that it sounds like you've probably configured something wrong somewhere, either putting in the wrong IP to forward to, or not setting up the server right or something.

Also did want to mention in passing that running a Minecraft server (or any kind of server really) over consumer wireless is definitely not the ideal, ignoring the obvious security hole there, you're going to be bottlenecking it on your own network, if you want as little latency as possible, stick to good ol' reliable cat5 cable.
Thanked by:
Well the desktop I'm trying to run the server on is a desktop plugged in via ethernet.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong when forwarding the ports, after a bit of research I figured out it might
just be my router giving me issues.
Thanked by: