Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
A couple for this game. Easily the best of the Legend series (in my opinion at least)!

[Image: ignitus.png]

[Image: spyrotitle.png]

I'm going to try my hand at ripping Cynder next. I have most of her sprites ready, just need to get a few more.
Thanked by:
Great stuff! I've got them up for you straight away Heart
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Nice job! A Hero's Tail was my favorite game of the series and I don't like the new Legend style to be honest. Sad

EDIT: I loved how all the enemies in the GameCube games laughed at you when they hit you. Tongue
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Thanks both of you!

And yeah, to be honest, I'm not very fond of the Legend style. I play them, but I much prefer the originals - A Hero's Tail was one of my faves too!
Thanked by: Garamonde
Played Spyro 1-3 on PSX and found it better than Mario. The next one, Enter the Dragonfly (GC), was still classic but just a pale imitation of the former 3 parts. Then came A Hero's Tail with his dumb ending and gems just for buying stuff, not collecting. But yeah, it was better than Enter the Dragonfly.

I never played anything with Spyro in it after A Hero's Tail, just watched a few videos on videos on Youtube and decided not to buy the new games. It's a shame what they did to the series.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-23-2011, 11:58 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: Played Spyro 1-3 on PSX and found it better than Mario. The next one, Enter the Dragonfly (GC), was still classic but just a pale imitation of the former 3 parts. Then came A Hero's Tail with his dumb ending and gems just for buying stuff, not collecting. But yeah, it was better than Enter the Dragonfly.

I never played anything with Spyro in it after A Hero's Tail, just watched a few videos on videos on Youtube and decided not to buy the new games. It's a shame what they did to the series.

I know... While EtD was buggy I still liked it and was fun, goofy enjoyment. I actually really liked A Hero's Tail quite a lot and I played it ALL the time when I was playing it.

But... I have a sad story to tell relating to A Hero's Tail...
Last year, I completed AHT 100%.
Got all the Dragon Eggs, Light Gems, the power-ups, everything.
And then, I wanted to start a new file as Ember since I unlocked her, but I accidentally started the game without changing the character first and I reset during the intro so I could change...but then when I went to change the character, everything...was gone...
I lost all the eggs and everything I collected...
It still kept the last point I saved at, but it was like I never collected anything at all...
It deleted my collectibles when I reset...
It turned me off so much I haven't played the game since, but I definitely will play it again someday.
Thanked by:
argh, this is bad. The same loss of data happened to my Soul Calibur 3 memory card file. Out of the blue, I can't save anything within the strategy game part and now I have to delete the whole savefile and re-start everything again. Luckily, this game is still so much fun Heart
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Aw man..... That sucks Very Sad
I had a similar problem once, but with my PS1 card - I used a cheap brand (my fault I guess), and I loaded up my game file to find the card needed to be reformatted. It lost every game I had on it, including all the Spyro games 120%. I was so gutted, particularly as back then I had no strategy guide/online walkthrough, so I had no idea how to get the Epilogue back Sad

Oh, and I forgot to add this one.

[Image: chronicler.png]
Thanked by:
Oh my gosh that's awful... Sad That's way worse than my scenario.... Well, I hope you can figure something out (besides replaying through ALL your games again), and nice new rip! Smile
Thanked by:
I prefer the Legend trillogy, tbh. I tried playing the first Spyro, and I found it a rather mediocre platformer, with cringe-worthy humor and a really unlikable protagonist. Considering how highly-regarded the originals are, I expected a lot more, but his to their own, I suppose. At least the guys making the Legend series were actually trying to make some great games, unlike the newest 'Spyro' game from Activision, which is an obvious cash-in.

Anyway... This game had some great animations, especially for Spyro. I hope his sprites get ripped as well.
Thanked by:
For me, it just didn't cut it. After playing AHT, I figured a reboot might not be so bad, but the Legend games just bore me. I've tried to get into them so many times, but everything, all the way down to Spyro's dull personality, spoilt it. I don't hate them, but I'm secretly glad they've rebooted Spyro again Tongue But yes, each to their own!

I think Spyro has already been ripped by someone else, btw Smile
Thanked by:
Say RadSpyro, which characters appear in this mobile game? Is Sparx (obviously he's probably in it), Zoe, and some of the old baddies in it?
Thanked by:
Out of those.... Only Sparx.
Every character, except Spyro, Sparx and, in the final game of the trilogy, Hunter, are absent from the series. It was a complete reboot. I missed Elora & Moneybags, and Hunter was too serious Sad
Well, the Legend trillogy's plotline was finished, so... I wouldn't have minded a reboot if said reboot wasn't such an obvious attempt to simply cash in on the IP (hell, they announced the game RIGHT AFTER they announced that Guitar Hero was dead, speaks volumes). I mean, it's like they just threw him into a completely unrelated game, he's the only recognizable thing in there. Even Sparx, who has been around since the beginning, isn't there! I miss his jokes. Sad And I miss Cynder too, I'm kinda a Cynder fanboy, lol. If you think the Legend series missing characters from the originals was bad, you're gonna hate Skylands.

Oh, and yeah, I noticed that sheet on the front page. Sweet! I never really could figure out if they were made from scratch or if they were 3D animations rendered to 2D and then edited by ha-*Is immediately distracted by OMG PERSONA 4 MUGSHOTS*
Thanked by:
Lol. I kinda liked Cynder, she was pretty neat. I must admit, I was hoping to see her personality develop a bit if they continued it. Although I do agree, they could've wait a bit first :/

I wondered the same thing! Regardless, the sprites in this game were amazing. Amaze Studios did a great job!
Thanked by: