[5:08:15 PM] bush printzle: i feel like i should be hosting this anyway
[5:08:42 PM] FRET: uh
[5:08:50 PM] FRET: if you're willing to take responsibility
[5:08:55 PM] FRET: and enforce rules
[5:08:56 PM] FRET: and shit
[5:09:03 PM] FRET: I can lock that thread and pin one you make
[5:09:07 PM] FRET: Zac would understand
[5:09:10 PM] bush printzle: lol ok

That being said I give Zac all rights to take this over and change it how he sees fit

TSR POKEMON GYM LEAGUE PROJECT

1.1 Sign Up Process
If you wish to sign up for the TSR League you MUST adhere to the guidelines in this section (section 1.1-1.3.1). To claim your position in the tournament, simply post in this thread with your Gym Profile which will be explained later.

1.2 League Details
This is the TSR League, a mock Pokemon League consisting of TSR members. Members who join will compete with each other to place their positions as Gym Leaders in the league, and if enough people show interest we may even implement an Elite 4 and Champion. The purpose of the League is to give anyone (TSR members specifically) a fun, non competitive metagame experience which can range from rewarding to maybe even just plain useless, depending on community cooperation.

1.3 Creating Your Gym
Gyms in the TSR League are no longer based on arbitrary type limitations. Instead, we will be using gym "themes" instead. Your theme is completely up to you, though I ask that it not be a gag theme (Fart Master Chad with 5 Muks and a Garbodor). Examples of themes (taken from the last thread):
Historian
Desert
Martial Arts
Cryptozoology
Power Plant
Artist
Jungle
etc etc etc

Once you have your theme chosen you must create your Gym Leader persona as well as your team.

1.3.1 Creating Your Team
This is a STRICTLY NON COMPETITIVE League. Instead of stacking your team with the fastest sweepers and the most efficient moves and stalls, our goal is to strive for creativity. Diversity in move sets and strategies beyond setting up the field and then sweeping your way to victory are encouraged and in fact mandatory. I will keep a keen eye out for try hards trying to push this limit and I will not stand for any sort of work around to this rule.

That being said, your team is free of type restrictions. You can use ANY six Pokemon on your team as long as it fits your theme, legendaries withstanding. No legendaries allowed. Things that are very loosely related will have to be approved by me (such as someone with the theme of "Jungle" and using a Golem saying that the reason he is on the team is because rocks are in the jungle).

1.3.2 Creating Your Gym Leader Persona
Your Gym Leader persona is almost more vital to this project than the actual Pokemon you use. The Gym Leader persona is who you are truly fighting, not the Pokemon. Your persona must fit your theme as well, but I would even go as far as to say that your theme should be based on your persona instead. Your persona must include:

a. A custom trainer image/sprite
b. A title and name (for example "Pike Queen" Lucy)
c. A badge w/ badge image ("Icicle Badge," "Plain Badge," "Marsh Badge")
d. Gym's location (in a desert, in a dojo, at an airport)
e. Biography (may be as long or short as you want, elaboration is optional)

2.1 Judging Process
As you know, not everyone that enters will make it unless we have exactly 8 participants, in which case, yes, everyone WILL make it!!! The 8 gyms will be placed according to two qualifying rounds: one which judges your teams creativity and one in which you all fight each other to see who comes out on top!

2.1.1 The Creativity Judging
Your team is to be creative, unique, original. I don't want to see a Breloom running around with Substitute and Focus Punch and Spore running around here. That isn't creative. This game has hundreds of moves and hundreds of Pokemon. Let's see how far you can stretch it. Your teams will be judged on the following:

a. Theme Relevance
b. Team Composition
c. Pokemon Movesets

We will not judge your theme or your gym leader profile, I realize that not everyone has that kind of knack. This round accounts for a large portion of your final score.

2.1.2 The Tournament
The tournament pits the teams you have created against each other. Your position in the end of the tournament will also be a big factor in your League position.

Battles are to be held using the Pokemon Online (http=http://www.pokemon-online.eu/) program whether you like the program or not. When recreating your team in the Pokemon Online team builder, make sure to alter your Pokemon's IVs (if you do not know what they are, you should probably learn) according to the following guideline: Your IV total may not exceed 100 and no more than 2 stats may be maxed out on IVs (the max being 31).I will allow this rule to be bent IF and ONLY IF you are using Hidden Power and the desired type requires you to break this rule.

The tournament will be held bracket style, and begging match ups will be chosen randomly.

If you need help using the Pokemon Online program, please post in this thread with your issues and I will try to help as much as possible. Really though, it is a pretty straight forward program.

3.1 Challenging a Gym
Challengers must use the same roster for all 8 gyms. If you want to revise your team after you have already beaten a gym leader, you must re-fight that gym leader and win. All badges are maintained even if you revise your team, but you will be unable to earn any more until you have beaten the gyms you had beaten previously with your old team.

Once the 8 gym leaders are set in stone, a gym leader megathread will be made where challenges and results will be posted. Alternatively, you may PM the gym leader asking for a match, but the results must be posted in the topic. Only the gym leaders may post officially accepted battle results, but you may dispute them if they are inaccurate.

Gym leaders may challenge each other, and earn each others badges. If you wish to use a "challenger team" instead of your official gym roster, you may, but you must choose to use your official gym roster if you want to earn your own gym badge.

3.2 Challenger Teams
Challengers must follow the exact rules stated above for gym leader teams, with the exception that your team doesn't have to follow any sort of type/theme restriction. Challenger's teams must be posted and approved in the gym leader megathread. You may not challenge any gym leaders unless you have an approved team posted in the megathread. If you wish to revise your team after beating a gym leader, remember that you MUST re-fight that leader. This is to stop challengers form using optimum teams versus the gyms just for a win.

3.3 Rewards
Currently, I have no idea what rewards will be but I have ideas. These ideas, though, require cooperation form the admins. Admins. Not mods (sorry mods!!!).

If I remember correctly, TSR used to have a little trophy system where members could earn trophies that sowed up under their avatar and such. If any staff members are willing to reinstate this little feature for the sole purpose of gym badges, I would be forever indebted. Once you have collected all 8 badges, I would like some other form of reward such as a different colored name or a little crown sprite by your name or something. Also, we could give out Pokemon rewards, such as an Arceus or some other iconic Pokemon. I would require all these Pokemon to be legitimate, though someone would have to duplicate them (I don't know how to :S).

If you guys have any ideas that would be great, and I would love to hear them. Also, if any of you are willing to bring an admins attention to this thread to see if they would like to put these rewards in action, please do so as well.

4.1 Terms of Service
All accepted gym leaders' friend codes will be made public, for the game that they will be battling on. If you are inactive for any period of time without notice, your position may be revoked. Likewise if I am gone for any period of time, as project manager, I give permission to any forum STAFF members to take over the project. Anyone (gym leader or challenger) seen using illegitimate Pokemon WILL be banned form the project. This includes fudging your IV numbers and stats in Pokemon Online, using Pokemon that have been traded to you, and using hacked Pokemon (no matter if they are legitimate or not). During a challenge, gym leaders and challengers may request to view their opponents team through the in-game "summary" feature to look for any signs of illegitimacy. If any suspicion arises, please contact me via PM with PROOF (does not have to be an image, I will take your word for it) and I will talk to the suspected person in violation of these terms.

None of the guidelines stated above (sections 1-3 including this section) may not be disputed unless it says otherwise. The project leader may revise any rules and guidelines as s/he sees fit.

4.2 Addendums
1.a
Quote:Again, everyone has time to build their teams in-game form scratch, as we will be using Pokemon Online to do our matches until we can recreate our teams in game. That being said, if you do not have access to a legit copy of Pokemon Black or White or do not have some sort of wifi that you can (reliably) connect to, you may not participate as a gym leader.

1.b
Quote:Traded Pokemon may be used as long as they were caught or bred by you, and raised solely by you. If half of your team is on HGSS and have is on DPPt that is fine, as long as you did all the dirty work. If this is the case, then make sure you can have a way to prove that they are yours (showing a trainer card from all the games the Pokemon came form will suffice). You will not be asked as a requirement to show proof, but the option is open.

2.a
Quote:Your gym may have multiple themes as long as the themes are VERY closely related.

3.a
Quote:The limit placed on IVs in Pokemon Online has been removed. All IVs may now be set to 31.

4.3 Confirmed Participants
None

5.1 Template
You MUST use this template when posting your final roster. Please feel free to post incomplete templates.

Code:
[Image of your persona.]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Theme[/b]:
[b]Badge[/b]:
[b]Gym Location[/b]:
[b]Biography[/b]:

[Image of your Pokemon.] - Please select Pokemon images by entering "http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/###.gif" in your navigation bar, replacing "###" with your Pokemon's national Pokedex number.
[b][Pokemon][/b] @ [Item]
[Ability]
[EVs]
[u]Moveset[/u]:
[Move 1]
[Move 2]
[Move 3]
[Move 4]
[i](Strategy: [Strategy])[/i]

6.1 Qualifier Results
This is where I will post the results of your two qualifying rounds (creativity + tournament).

6.2 Creativity Results
None

6.3 Tournament Bracket
None
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by:
Arg, I reaaally want to do this, but I can't get shoddy battle to work. >_< I do have access to wifi though, which makes it suck hard. :<
Thanked by:
We're using Pokemon Online this time around, it's much better than Shoddy. Smile)
Thanked by:
That's what I thought,m I got thrown off by Addendum 1a though. xD

Then I'm going to give this a try. I want to do a Criminal theme, but not in the sense of the evil Teams or whatever, I'll explain more when I post it in detail in a short while. Right now I have to run off and do something though. x-x
Thanked by:
It doesn't really matter about IVs in simulated battles because holy shit, I'm never gonna RNG for that in game; what a waste of time.

I'm not sure what theme to go for this time around:
'Tarot Cards' (This was the team I used last time. Featured a lot of Ghosts.)
'Chessmaster' (Vespiquen, Bisharp, Bastiodon...)
'Urban Fashion' (Edgy and Modern Humanshape and Urban 'mon strut their stuff)

Also, can the host Leader choose what battle type? I want to master Rotation Battles.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
I had the thread cleaned up to avoid people no wanting to join due to hostility. The IV limit has been removed, and I will make a post explain what is and is not acceptable soon.
Thanked by:
So this has to be on Shoddy? It can't be straight B/W wifi? Or am I completely missing something?
Thanked by:
My question is how strictly do we have to adhere to our theme if our theme happens to be very constricting? I had the idea to be an equestrian (fancy word for horse rider) and I would have like Rapidash as the "star" of my team. But Rapidash is the only horse pokemon, and the only other pokemon in the family Equidae is Zebstrika. Would I be allowed to use other hoofed pokemon on this team (Tauros, Miltank, Girafarig, Stantler, Camerupt, Sawsbuck, Bouffalant, and probably some others I can't think of right now)? Technically the theme would be "Pokemon with hooves" and they'd use mostly moves like Stomp or Double Kick, but "Equestrian" would just be a fancier name.
Thanked by:
Name: Hiram
Theme: Archaeologist
Badge: Vintage Badge
Gym Location: Village Bridge, Unova
Biography:
A trainer as well as an intelligent researcher. He wishes to find the solutions of Pokémon mysteries around different regions, he is also well knowledgable of ghost Pokémon.

Thanked by:
The initial matches will be done on Pokemon Online, not Shoddy Battle. This is because no one wants to wait for everyone to breed up their perfect ideal Pokemon. Battles after everything is said and done should preferably be done in B/W wifi, though you may continue to use Pokemon Online if your team is not yet ready in game.
Thanked by:
TSR POKEMON GYM LEAGUE PROJECT

1.1 Sign Up Process
If you wish to sign up for the TSR League you MUST adhere to the guidelines in this section (section 1.1-1.3.1). To claim your position in the tournament, simply post in this thread with your Gym Profile which will be explained later.

1.2 League Details
This is the TSR League, a mock Pokemon League consisting of TSR members. Members who join will compete with each other to place their positions as Gym Leaders in the league, and if enough people show interest we may even implement an Elite 4 and Champion. The purpose of the League is to give anyone (TSR members specifically) a fun, non competitive metagame experience which can range from rewarding to maybe even just plain useless, depending on community cooperation.

Okay Chady I gotta disagree with you here. We can't ban metagame tactics. I hate sub punching and toxic stalling as much as the next guy, but thats just a part of the game.
That being said though, be considerate people and make teams that will be fun for the other players to battle. We have to use the honor system here.

1.3 Creating Your Gym
Gyms in the TSR League are no longer based on arbitrary type limitations. Instead, we will be using gym "themes" instead. Your theme is completely up to you, though I ask that it not be a gag theme (Fart Master Chad with 5 Muks and a Garbodor). Examples of themes (taken from the last thread):
Historian
Desert
Martial Arts
Cryptozoology
Power Plant
Artist
Jungle
etc etc etc

Once you have your theme chosen you must create your Gym Leader persona as well as your team.

This is really hard to enforce so we probably shouldn't bother trying.

1.3.1 Creating Your Team
This is a STRICTLY NON COMPETITIVE League. Instead of stacking your team with the fastest sweepers and the most efficient moves and stalls, our goal is to strive for creativity. Diversity in move sets and strategies beyond setting up the field and then sweeping your way to victory are encouraged and in fact mandatory. I will keep a keen eye out for try hards trying to push this limit and I will not stand for any sort of work around to this rule.

Its a competitive game, and unless we can create a list of what items/game breaks are banned then we can't enforce this rule. It just wouldn't be fair.

That being said, your team is free of type restrictions. You can use ANY six Pokemon on your team as long as it fits your theme, legendaries withstanding. No legendaries allowed. Things that are very loosely related will have to be approved by me (such as someone with the theme of "Jungle" and using a Golem saying that the reason he is on the team is because rocks are in the jungle).

Yeah no Ubers

1.3.2 Creating Your Gym Leader Persona
Your Gym Leader persona is almost more vital to this project than the actual Pokemon you use. The Gym Leader persona is who you are truly fighting, not the Pokemon. Your persona must fit your theme as well, but I would even go as far as to say that your theme should be based on your persona instead. Your persona must include:

a. A custom trainer image/sprite
b. A title and name (for example "Pike Queen" Lucy)
c. A badge w/ badge image ("Icicle Badge," "Plain Badge," "Marsh Badge")
d. Gym's location (in a desert, in a dojo, at an airport)
e. Biography (may be as long or short as you want, elaboration is optional)

If you guys can't sprite very well, then make an edit or something. No one will look down on you for that, as an okay edit looks alot better then a horrible sprite. Also designing your own badge seems excessive.

2.1 Judging Process
As you know, not everyone that enters will make it unless we have exactly 8 participants, in which case, yes, everyone WILL make it!!! The 8 gyms will be placed according to two qualifying rounds: one which judges your teams creativity and one in which you all fight each other to see who comes out on top!

This will be difficult to pull off/

2.1.1 The Creativity Judging
Your team is to be creative, unique, original. I don't want to see a Breloom running around with Substitute (you can't actually get this tm till winter so it will probably be banned unless learned via level up) and Focus Punch and Spore running around here. That isn't creative. This game has hundreds of moves and hundreds of Pokemon. Let's see how far you can stretch it. Your teams will be judged on the following:

a. Theme Relevance
b. Team Composition
c. Pokemon Movesets

We will not judge your theme or your gym leader profile, I realize that not everyone has that kind of knack. This round accounts for a large portion of your final score.

A winner is a winner Chad. Creativity is supported but we can't grade subjectively.

2.1.2 The Tournament
The tournament pits the teams you have created against each other.

Your position in the end of the tournament will also be a big factor in your League position.

Battles are to be held using the Pokemon Online (http=http://www.pokemon-online.eu/) program whether you like the program or not. When recreating your team in the Pokemon Online team builder, make sure to alter your Pokemon's IVs (if you do not know what they are, you should probably learn) according to the following guideline: Your IV total may not exceed 100 and no more than 2 stats may be maxed out on IVs (the max being 31).I will allow this rule to be bent IF and ONLY IF you are using Hidden Power and the desired type requires you to break this rule.

Thats stupid. Breeding for ivs is just as much a part of the game as any other part of training. All legal ivs should be allowed.

The tournament will be held bracket style, and begging match ups will be chosen randomly.

If you need help using the Pokemon Online program, please post in this thread with your issues and I will try to help as much as possible. Really though, it is a pretty straight forward program.

DS online should be just as, if not more, viable of an option as pkmn online.eu

3.1 Challenging a Gym
Challengers must use the same roster for all 8 gyms. If you want to revise your team after you have already beaten a gym leader, you must re-fight that gym leader and win. All badges are maintained even if you revise your team, but you will be unable to earn any more until you have beaten the gyms you had beaten previously with your old team.

Once the 8 gym leaders are set in stone, a gym leader megathread will be made where challenges and results will be posted. Alternatively, you may PM the gym leader asking for a match, but the results must be posted in the topic. Only the gym leaders may post officially accepted battle results, but you may dispute them if they are inaccurate.

Gym leaders may challenge each other, and earn each others badges. If you wish to use a "challenger team" instead of your official gym roster, you may, but you must choose to use your official gym roster if you want to earn your own gym badge.

3.2 Challenger Teams
Challengers must follow the exact rules stated above for gym leader teams, with the exception that your team doesn't have to follow any sort of type/theme restriction. Challenger's teams must be posted and approved in the gym leader megathread. You may not challenge any gym leaders unless you have an approved team posted in the megathread. If you wish to revise your team after beating a gym leader, remember that you MUST re-fight that leader. This is to stop challengers form using optimum teams versus the gyms just for a win.

3.3 Rewards
Currently, I have no idea what rewards will be but I have ideas. These ideas, though, require cooperation form the admins. Admins. Not mods (sorry mods!!!).

If I remember correctly, TSR used to have a little trophy system where members could earn trophies that sowed up under their avatar and such. If any staff members are willing to reinstate this little feature for the sole purpose of gym badges, I would be forever indebted. Once you have collected all 8 badges, I would like some other form of reward such as a different colored name or a little crown sprite by your name or something. Also, we could give out Pokemon rewards, such as an Arceus or some other iconic Pokemon. I would require all these Pokemon to be legitimate, though someone would have to duplicate them (I don't know how to Unsure).

If you guys have any ideas that would be great, and I would love to hear them. Also, if any of you are willing to bring an admins attention to this thread to see if they would like to put these rewards in action, please do so as well.

4.1 Terms of Service
All accepted gym leaders' friend codes will be made public, for the game that they will be battling on. If you are inactive for any period of time without notice, your position may be revoked. Likewise if I am gone for any period of time, as project manager, I give permission to any forum STAFF members to take over the project. Anyone (gym leader or challenger) seen using illegitimate Pokemon WILL be banned form the project. This includes fudging your IV numbers and stats in Pokemon Online, using Pokemon that have been traded to you, and using hacked Pokemon (no matter if they are legitimate or not). During a challenge, gym leaders and challengers may request to view their opponents team through the in-game "summary" feature to look for any signs of illegitimacy. If any suspicion arises, please contact me via PM with PROOF (does not have to be an image, I will take your word for it) and I will talk to the suspected person in violation of these terms.

None of the guidelines stated above (sections 1-3 including this section) may not be disputed unless it says otherwise. The project leader may revise any rules and guidelines as s/he sees fit.

4.2 Addendums
1.a
Quote:Again, everyone has time to build their teams in-game form scratch, as we will be using Pokemon Online to do our matches until we can recreate our teams in game. That being said, if you do not have access to a legit copy of Pokemon Black or White or do not have some sort of wifi that you can (reliably) connect to, you may not participate as a gym leader.

1.b
Quote:Traded Pokemon may be used as long as they were caught or bred by you, and raised solely by you. If half of your team is on HGSS and have is on DPPt that is fine, as long as you did all the dirty work. If this is the case, then make sure you can have a way to prove that they are yours (showing a trainer card from all the games the Pokemon came form will suffice). You will not be asked as a requirement to show proof, but the option is open.

I really don't know about using Pokemon online. Also who cares if the pokemon is yours or not. As long as its a legal pokemon idrc if you spawned it with a gameshark. Thats your business.

2.a
Quote:Your gym may have multiple themes as long as the themes are VERY closely related.

4.3 Confirmed Participants
None

5.1 Template
You MUST use this template when posting your final roster. Please feel free to post incomplete templates.

Code:
[Image of your persona.]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Theme[/b]:
[b]Badge[/b]:
[b]Gym Location[/b]:
[b]Biography[/b]:

[Image of your Pokemon.] - Please select Pokemon images by entering "http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/###.gif" in your navigation bar, replacing "###" with your Pokemon's national Pokedex number.
[b][Pokemon][/b] @ [Item]
[Ability]
[EVs]
[u]Moveset[/u]:
[Move 1]
[Move 2]
[Move 3]
[Move 4]
[i](Strategy: [Strategy])[/i]

6.1 Qualifier Results
This is where I will post the results of your two qualifying rounds (creativity + tournament).

6.2 Creativity Results
None

6.3 Tournament Bracket
None
[/quote]

Also fret you can go ahead and delete the old thread
and chad you put way more restrictions then necessary, just embrace the metagame. Its honestly alot better this gen.

Thanked by:
Is everybody aware that Black and White wifi between friends only allows level 50 with 3 Pokemon battles?
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by:
Welp. Sorry folks. I let you down.
Thanked by:
(03-22-2011, 08:50 PM)Cshad Wrote: Is everybody aware that Black and White wifi between friends only allows level 50 with 3 Pokemon battles?
I say we should do 6 on 6 battles open level
Thanked by:
We can? I was under the impression the game would only allow 6 on 6 if it was a triple battle.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by: